The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

17 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I don't' know, hate to say it, I think if I ever walked into a church, lightning would strike.

~Damien :P

"lighting would strike"...I don't think so. So you're in the camp of the superstitious?:unsure:

4 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Not so much as others, but I still loathe to walk under a ladder.

The Lord guards you. The Lord is the shade that protects you from the sun. The sun cannot hurt you during the day, and the moon cannot hurt you at night.  The Lord will protect you from all dangers ...

Lunar eclipse "blood moon" of November 2022: date, time, where and how to see it

11/7/2022, 5:55:33 PM

This Tuesday morning, for the second time this year, some lucky people will be able to see the total lunar eclipse of the "blood moon". ...

Here: https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-11-07-lunar-eclipse-"blood-moon"-of-november-2022--date--time--where-and-how-to-see-it.S1bTKdnLBo.html

- but it seems to me, that it's a bit late to see it in the United States... then you have to look at this nice picture...

r/interestingasf*** - reddit

•Posted by u/QforQ

3 hours ago

Blood Moon during the lunar eclipse, photo from @AJamesMcCarthy using two telescopes

ttpr2323yqy91.jpg

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasf***/comments/ypppq3/blood_moon_during_the_lunar_eclipse_photo_from/

- NICE photo from Today!
Edited by msfntor
reddit link added

r/interestingasf*** - reddit

•Posted by u/Adam_Deveney

17 hours ago

LX3BOWR.jpeg?fl=cro,0,0,800,1139%7Cres,1

Salvator Mundi, the most expensive painting ever sold. Depicting Jesus Christ in an blue Renaissance dress, making the sign of the cross with his right hand, while holding a transparent crystal orb in his left. It was painted by Leonardo da Vinci, circa 1490-1510, and sold for $450.3M in 2017.

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasf***/comments/yp65em/salvator_mundi_the_most_expensive_painting_ever/

..and from another link:

"The Salvator mundi is said to have been known since the 17th century, when it was said to have belonged to King Charles I of England. After that, all trace of it was lost, and it only resurfaced around 1900. It was then identified as the work of Giovanni Antonio Boltraffio, Leonardo's apprentice. In 1958, The Salvator Mundi was sold at auction for the ridiculous sum of £45..."

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

The Lord guards you. The Lord is the shade that protects you from the sun. The sun cannot hurt you during the day, and the moon cannot hurt you at night.  The Lord will protect you from all dangers ...

Dear msfntor, please stop promoting any religion in any form or shape, we already asked you several times.

This is a techno forum (!).

Here we have people who celebrate Halloween and/or 100% atheists, I know it's painful for you, but it is what it is, sorry. 

I already wrote, I don't celebrate it and never did, hope this cheers you up a bit. 

San Casciano as Riace, 24 bronze statues from the water

(ANSA) - SAN CASCIANO DEI BAGNI, 08 NOV - Divinities, matrons, children, emperors.

Protected for 2300 years from the mud and boiling water of the sacred tanks, a votive deposit has re-emerged from the excavations of San Casciano dei Bagni, in Tuscany: together with thousands of coins and votive offerings 24 bronze statues, 5 of which almost a meter high, perfectly intact.

"A discovery that will rewrite history" the archaeologist Jacopo Tabolli (University of Siena) announces a preview to ANSA.

For Massimo Osanna, dg Musei del Mic it is "the most important discovery from the Riace Bronzes".

Minister Sangiuliano applauds: "An exceptional find".

Probably made by local artisans, the 24 statues just found - explains Tabolli flanked by the director of the excavation Emanuele Mariotti and Ada Salvi of the Superintendency - can be dated between the 2nd century BC and the 1st after.

The sanctuary, with its bubbling pools, sloping terraces, fountains, altars, existed at least from the third century BC and remained active until the fifth century AD, he says, when in Christian times it was closed but not destroyed, the tanks sealed with heavy stone columns, the deities entrusted with respect to water.

It is also for this reason that, having removed that cover, the archaeologists found themselves in front of a still intact treasure, in fact "the largest deposit of statues of ancient Italy and in any case the only one of which we have the possibility of completely reconstructing the context", reiterates Tabolli.

Arranged in part on the branches of a huge tree trunk fixed to the bottom of the basin, in many cases covered with inscriptions, the statues as well as the innumerable ex votos, come from the great families of the territory and beyond, exponents of the élites of the Etruscan and then Roman world, landowners, local lords, Roman nobles and even emperors.

A large sanctuary that seems to be described as a unique place even for the ancients, a sort of bubble of peace, if one thinks, as Tabolli explains, "that even in historical epochs when the most terrible conflicts rage outside, inside these pools and on these altars the two worlds, the Etruscan and the Latin, seem to live together without problems ".

Here: https://newsrnd.com/life/2022-11-08-san-casciano-as-riace--24-bronze-statues-from-the-water.B1Euet2DBs.html

- hmm... when  another "bubble of peace" - here?...

On 11/7/2022 at 10:53 PM, XPerceniol said:

I don't' know, hate to say it, I think if I ever walked into a church, lightning would strike.

Well, I heard it before, was a popular answer in the eighties, lol. Looks like we have lots in common, did you also play kill "Robin Hood" and "Gestapo", back in the 80s, as a child ?

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Well, I heard it before, was a popular answer in the eighties, lol. Looks like we have lots in common, did you also play kill "Robin Hood" and "Gestapo", back in the 80s, as a child ?

Lol ..... :buehehe:

23 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Although I am not a believer, I have entered a few churches in my life. Unfortunately, not a single bolt of lightning has struck. Not-working.gif  jexplique.gif 

14 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Although I am not a believer, I have entered a few churches in my life. Unfortunately, not a single bolt of lightning has struck. Not-working.gif  jexplique.gif 

This is called the proof...Listen Damien.