The MSFN café - A Penny for Your Thoughts

XPerceniol

8 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I wonder if messing with the pagefile size might help us? I don't how to do that and allow windows to take care of it.

Here too, Windows take care of it natively.

Good night to you all! See you tomorrow.

Edited by msfntor
Good night to you all! See you tomorrow.

19 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Nothing against "Faith" either and I've combed through the rules, rather, preaching or converting to ones beliefs, but touchy sometimes and we have staff here to correct us and this forum is well maintained.

Faith and religion are two different things. Faith is more like what you beleive yourself.

Religion is political, hence forbidden here.

And governments do benefit from religious people, can't argue with that. As an example, look at the russian church and how deeply it's involved and encourages

more and more russkie peasants to kill in the name of God and ruzzia. It's a fact.

I'm myself against any religion talks here, 'cause it may not end well, not only rules matter, but our strong opinion also.

So no more religion talks, please folks.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

As an example, look at the russian church and how deeply it's involved and encourages

more and more russkie peasants to kill in the name of God and ruzzia. It's a fact.

This example is very valid. The russian orthodox church is is completely overrun by the KGB/FSB agents.

This makes me happy that you are of the same opinion as me...

Cutting Your Own Hair Can Save You From Looking Like You Spent Money On A Haircut

LIFE·Nov 9, 2022 · BabylonBee.com

636c385656441636c385656442.jpg

U.S. — With people across the country pinching pennies to deal with runaway inflation, several reports suggest that cutting your own hair can save you from looking like you spent money on a haircut.

"With millions spent per year by individuals trying to look like they paid for a real haircut, the potential savings are staggering," said Harvard Economist Buggs Tampy. "We anticipate this year that thousands of Americans will save themselves from looking like they paid for a haircut by not paying for a haircut."

Popular techniques being employed include the bowl cut, the buzz cut, and classic hippie dreadlocks. Experts say all three styles are guaranteed to save people the trouble of looking like they paid money for someone to cut their hair for them.

Hairdressers and cosmetics companies are not happy with this development, however. "We've trained hard all our lives so that you can look like you paid a professional to take scissors and shorten the length of your hair," said a spokesperson for Supercuts. "We will not be ignored!"

At publishing time, further reports had indicated Americans were also saving themselves from looking like they spent money on clothing.

Here: https://babylonbee.com/news/report-cutting-your-own-hair-can-save-you-from-looking-like-you-spent-money-on-a-haircut

-sure, I've been cutting my own hairs for ages, always...with an electric haircutter.:cheerleader:

From ‘real life’: Papal artist unveils painting of Benedict XVI as pope emeritus

screen-shot-2022-11-04-at-12.25.49-am.pn

Natalia Tsarkova works on a portrait of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI in her studio in central Rome.

(MORE photos on the original link, please)

By Hannah Brockhaus - Rome Newsroom, Nov 3, 2022 / 07:03 am

Natalia Tsarkova, official portrait artist to the popes for more than 20 years, likes to work from real life.

“I am so meticulous about details. I have to see and touch and feel everything,” she said.

But for her latest painting, a portrait of Benedict XVI in his life as pope emeritus, some objects could not be brought back to her studio in the historic center of Rome.

To make a study of his rosary, Tsarkova had to visit the retired pope at his home, the Mater Ecclesiae Monastery in Vatican City, “because Pope Benedict won’t part with his rosary,” she said.

The Russian-born artist, who has lived in Rome full time since 1995, told EWTN News in an interview last week that Benedict’s rosary is “part of him; it’s his favorite rosary.” ...

MORE here: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/252714/from-real-life-papal-artist-unveils-painting-of-benedict-xvi-as-pope-emeritus

The True and Tragic Story of Pocahontas That Disney Wouldn’t Tell You

Few figures from American colonial history are as ubiquitous and perhaps as misunderstood as Pocahontas, the daughter of a Native American chieftain who married an Englishman and ended up in England before passing at an unfortunately young age. 

Her life has been immortalized in several works, including two Disney films during the 1990s, which presented largely erroneous and inaccurate portrayals.

Here we relate her true story, the context in which she entered into English society, and her role in the history of early colonial America.

1614, Native American Princess Pocahontas wearing traditional attire, around her marriage to John Rolfe. Painting by Jean Leon Gerome Ferris (Photo by Three Lions/Getty Images) ...

MORE here: https://www.historydefined.net/the-true-and-tragic-story-of-pocahontas-that-disney-wouldnt-tell-you/

How Flightless Birds Beat the Australian Army in the Great Emu War

emu-flock-eating.jpeg

In 1932, Australia found itself in a war with a formidable opponent- the Emu. These flightless birds could easily outmaneuver the Australian army and caused considerable damage to crops and property. The ordeal sounds ridiculous, but these events are entirely accurate.

The emus won a decisive victory over the Australian forces, proving that they are no pushovers. However, what led to this unlikely victory for the flightless bird, and how could an entire army suffer an embarrassing defeat? Keep reading to learn more about the Great Emu War. ...

MORE here: https://www.historydefined.net/great-emu-war/