Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Crap sliding down hill:  Clean installed windows 7 and it seems to have a Windows 10 like Windows Update inserted.  Now, service wuauserv has started to use over 90% of memory.  That's some new crap that looks like shades of Win 10.  Or did MS do this on purpose to force users off Win 7?  Won't work.  I'll save up and buy another Mac.  Just when I started feeling good about the time invested in the Win 10 Insider program.......

On 4/11/2016 at 11:10 AM, Shining Escuridao said:

Do you have any idea what might be causing Office 2016 to malfunction like that? I'm interested to know why being that I'm still on 2007 but thinking about getting a newer version of Office.

During my insider Office 2016 testing months ago, Office 2016 failed to play well with Win 10 Preview.  At the time, I didn't know which was the problem.

However, for PCs, Office 2007 and Office 2010 seem to be very stable.

For Macs, MS Office for Mac:2011 is also very stable.

On 2016-04-17 at 2:25 AM, NoelC said:

Amen to that, BudwS.

In 2015 I canceled my Office 365 subscription and bought a new old stock Office 2010 disc.  I couldn't be happier with that decision.

-Noel

Yep, I agree! I have installed 2013 and 2016 and their is always something that doesn't gel...Still have office 2010 and will keep it....;) I only recommend 365 for larger companies....but even that has caused me grief...

• 2 weeks later...

Talking Crap:  On a MS Win 10 "Start Menu" forum, made an entry discussing the Notification icon that brings up several parameter switches, one of which is Tablet Mode.  By turning that on for a non-tablet PC the Taskbar including Start Menu stop responding to a mouse click.  This is the same symptom as the Start Mode stops responding error.  One of the "Super" MS Insiders wanted to help me fix the PC problems that I had.  Responded that I tried all the suggestions on the test PC until the Windows Update trashed the software on the PC.  That same PC runs great with Win 7.  Responded that I didn't need any help because the Win 10 Insider test computer is now an old MacBook.  Win 10 Insider fast track has never failed on the MacBook, now at 14332.  That's the first time I didn't receive a nasty response to one of my posts.  Maybe the truth leaves a MS Super Insider with nothing to say.  No, probably just more melted ice cubes in the ocean.

Edited by BudwS
Spelling correction.

Windows XP Forever.

Reason why? I prefer XP.

It is superfast, lighweight and bug free.

My nlited iso of XP sp3 is 170mb and it uses 80Mb ram and 0% CPU Usage at first boot.

On 16. travanj 2016. at 6:21 AM, BudwS said:

Crap sliding down hill:  Clean installed windows 7 and it seems to have a Windows 10 like Windows Update inserted.  Now, service wuauserv has started to use over 90% of memory.  That's some new crap that looks like shades of Win 10.  Or did MS do this on purpose to force users off Win 7?  Won't work.  I'll save up and buy another Mac.  Just when I started feeling good about the time invested in the Win 10 Insider program.......

win7 is still fine if you just make the list of bad updates and filter them out

i did that and am enjoying my win7 updated till february 2016

• 2 weeks later...

The Crap just gets better.  What? Did I really say that?  Win 10 10586.318 downloaded and installed cleanly, on several PCs!  Some standard softwares, IE11, Waterfox, Java, taskbar icons, ETC worked.  Restart and Shutdown functioned properly.  The Power-on button started the PCs and Windows 10 booted.  Amazement!  Nothing to crap about today.

The insider MacBook just downloaded Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342.  This Crap is working good today.

Edited by BudwS
Wrong number.

Imagine that.

Windows 10 updates cleanly and quickly, while on Windows 7 the Windows Update process still remains irritatingly broken for months now, so that the Windows Update Service just chews up CPU time for at least half an hour or more before showing what updates are available.

Must be just a crazy coincidence, right?  :rolleyes:

-Noel

5 hours ago, NoelC said:

Imagine that.

Windows 10 updates cleanly and quickly, while on Windows 7 the Windows Update process still remains irritatingly broken for months now, so that the Windows Update Service just chews up CPU time for at least half an hour or more before showing what updates are available.

Must be just a crazy coincidence, right?  :rolleyes:

-Noel

It is purely and simply a coincidence. Take off your tinfoil hat.  ;)

--JorgeA

19 hours ago, JorgeA said:

--JorgeA

Yep, as long as you have your (metal) colander on, it's safe ;):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster#Headgear_in_identity_photos

and yes, Wikipedia is WRONG :w00t:, the official headgear is a colander and not a "pasta strainer":
http://www.thekitchn.com/strainer-colander-chinois-what-61828

http://www.venganza.org/about/

jaclaz

30 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

Yep, as long as you have your (metal) colander on, it's safe ;):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster#Headgear_in_identity_photos

and yes, Wikipedia is WRONG :w00t:, the official headgear is a colander and not a "pasta strainer":
http://www.thekitchn.com/strainer-colander-chinois-what-61828

http://www.venganza.org/about/

jaclaz

:lol: This one sentence sums up all you need to know about the subject:

In July 2011, Austrian pastafarian Niko Alm won the legal right to be shown in his driving license photo wearing a pasta strainer on his head, after three years spent pursuing permission and obtaining an examination certifying that he was psychologically fit to drive.

--JorgeA

21 hours ago, JorgeA said:

I prefer aluminum. 

Consider this server name carefully:

ScreenGrab_NoelC4_2016_05_13_094334.png

-Noel

1 hour ago, JorgeA said:

:lol: This one sentence sums up all you need to know about the subject:

--JorgeA

Not really, that was just the beginning, many people were since able to obtain the same in many different countries, the actual average yearly grow rate of such occurrences being of 140% (total grow rate of 700% in 5 years) ;).

By these metrics the initiative has been a worldwide success. :whistle:

jaclaz