MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender for Windows Xp/2003

On 1/2/2021 at 10:41 PM, Hunterw said:

And no GetNumaModeProcessorMaskEx :(

No need to implement every function, only functs really used in working drivers.
This mean "vista video" and some rare drivers (like intel raid drivers for server chipsets) still have missed imports because they not working anyway or no one use it

Oh hey, I haven't given compiling this for XP64 a shot yet, but there was something I was curious about before I do attempt it:

Is this compatible with the other compatibility projects like OneCore API and XomPie?

On 1/31/2021 at 6:27 PM, TrevMUN said:

Oh hey, I haven't given compiling this for XP64 a shot yet, but there was something I was curious about before I do attempt it:

Is this compatible with the other compatibility projects like OneCore API and XomPie?

Hi

ntoskrnl_extender compilable and usable on xp64 too, usb3/storage drivers works (but not tested widely)

"OneCore API and XomPie" - read carefully what these and this projects do, they live in different words "ring3 vs ring0" and no way to say hello to companion :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I have an Acer Aspire A315-21 with AMD Radeon R4 98E4 Stoney graphics card. Windows Vista can be installed, but graphics do not install. The graphics card has support for 7, 8.1, and 10. Would this method work in getting the graphics driver (and subsequently Aero) working under Vista? I will attach the 7355312.inf (NOTE: There is a 6.0 section at the very bottom that is blank. Filling this in with the graphics card info from the Windows 7 section and manually installing the file with Have Disk does not work)

C7355312.inf

2 hours ago, k24a1 said:

Have you tried to get more modern video drivers to work with XP (e.g. Pascal NVIDIA cards)?

That is probably trivial right now. I'm waiting for the AMD Radeon R4 98E4 Stoney to work with Vista, which again is probably trivial. Also, I have a question. How do I apply these steps to Windows Vista x64 with @win32's Extended Kernel? Also, could someone make either a video or a picture tutorial on what to do? Some of the steps are a tad confusing and I feel having one of those to accompany this would help greatly.

7 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

How do I apply these steps to Windows Vista x64 with win32's Extended Kernel?

Win32 has not worked on adding hardware support from Windows 7 just yet. That will probably come later on.

For now, your hardware appears to be too new for Windows Vista.

3 hours ago, k24a1 said:

Win32 has not worked on adding hardware support from Windows 7 just yet. That will probably come later on.

For now, your hardware appears to be too new for Windows Vista.

Ah. Hopefully that comes soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a video detailing this, or is someone willing to make one? Most of the directions are hard to follow.