[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

9 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

We already have @blackwingcat for that, and he does an amazing job! If it weren't for him, W2K would not be working on Intel Sandy or Ivy Bridge.

Ximonite aspires to make a better update than blackwingcat updates, based in wildbill rewrited kernel , it has a different way to load dll as vista and newer and if it succeed to his project he will capable to run almost of programs run on vista and newer

https://forum.eclectic4un.me/viewtopic.php?t=29

have there been any newer browsers tested on vista x86? I'm looking for a new browser thats a little more usable and there does not seem to be any (or at least for non ex kernal vista)

Edited by legacyfan

14 minutes ago, Ark_mage2180 said:

Anyone have a problem with 3rd party sidebar gadgets that are not re-loading after reboot since new kernel update? Everytime I reboot the computer I need to re-attach them to sidebar

Redirect the original ole32.dll file locally, perhaps it will help.

I tried installing Segoe UI Emoji font that was obtained from the October 2021 release of Windows 11 21H2 ISO (still look the same like Windows 10 emojis) into Windows Vista Extended Kernel, and I also don't forget to restart the machine after installing the emoji file.

And then, the emoji works, but the emoji is only displayed with colors on Firefox. The rest of the apps display black and white emojis, and some others (including the title bars and tooltips that are hovered from anything outside Firefox) don't work at all (just displaying two unicode blocks).

Edited by Brickedandroid

1 hour ago, Brickedandroid said:

And then, the emoji works, but the emoji is only displayed with colors on Firefox.

According to Chromium issue back from 2015,

Segoe UI Emoji uses COLR/CPAL tables. Chrome does not seem to support it.

does anyone know if the drift bug is still present on systems running intel 12th gen+ cpus without E cores? winclient5270 reported no problems on an i7 12700kf, but what if the E cores play a role? wouldn't you need a new scheduler to fully support the cpu, unlike on an i3 13100f for example which has only p cores? it's just a theory 

On 3/9/2023 at 10:09 AM, Sahalynsk said:

After Effects / Photoshop 2019 do not launch because of missing entry points in the Kernel32 dll, Audition 2020 works up to a certain update, which just so happened to be the one that changed their icon to their modern variants, an issue with MFTranscode will pop up but you'll just have to ignore it and wait until it launches, as soon as you interact with the error window the program will crash, Direct2D is also disabled for stability.

Photoshop / After Effects 2018 ( Unchecked )

Windows Vista x64 Edition-2023-03-09-10-04-17-min.png

Windows Vista x64 Edition-2023-03-09-10-04-45-min.png

What if redirect mf.dll, mfplat.dll, and etc from mfplatsetup.7z from extended kernel folder?