Jump to content

[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel


win32
 Share

Recommended Posts


34 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

You need to do this:

Ok, it work for some apps. But...image.png

Here are some problems.
1. chromesetup opens, but it says "no update is available" even I already adding it.
2. edgesetup same opens, but it says "cannot connect to internet. if you're using firewall, please allow edgeupdate.exe". Strange
3. firefox setup (I use v90) is completely works but the app itself says RtlQueryPerformanceCounter isn't available in ntdll.dll. Strange :dubbio:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LonghornXP said:

Ok, it work for some apps. But...image.png

Here are some problems.
1. chromesetup opens, but it says "no update is available" even I already adding it.
2. edgesetup same opens, but it says "cannot connect to internet. if you're using firewall, please allow edgeupdate.exe". Strange
3. firefox setup (I use v90) is completely works but the app itself says RtlQueryPerformanceCounter isn't available in ntdll.dll. Strange :dubbio:

I have the same issue, some apps can't connect to https pages, specially it happens in Edge Setup, Brave setups and other online setups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Sergiaws said:

I have the same issue, some apps can't connect to https pages, specially it happens in Edge Setup, Brave setups and other online setups.

Yeh... but firefox setup completely works fine in me. Does it work in u?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

I have the same issue, some apps can't connect to https pages, specially it happens in Edge Setup, Brave setups and other online setups.

You posted July 30 that “Microsoft Edge is working fine,” but have you been able to install Microsoft Edge? If yes, please post details.

Online setups might require recent Chrome or Firefox as default browser?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@win32 

Please add these following functions into ntoskrnl.exe (for build 6002 and 6003):

wcscpy_s

IoUnregisterPlugPlayNotificationEx

strcpy_s

strcat_s

vsprintf_s

_vsnprintf_s

KeSetCoalescableTimer

strnlen

_snprintf_s

swprintf_s

sprintf_s

memcpy_s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2022 at 11:13 AM, LonghornXP said:

Yeh... but firefox setup completely works fine in me. Does it work in u?

Didn't tried Firefox, but Seamonkey is working fine, even the setup, but don't know if it is http or https, since the startup page of seamonkey is an http page still.

 

22 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

You posted July 30 that “Microsoft Edge is working fine,” but have you been able to install Microsoft Edge? If yes, please post details.

Online setups might require recent Chrome or Firefox as default browser?

When I ran Edge in Vista, I firstly installed it inside a Windows 7 vm, then I copied the folder when I installed Edge to my Vista system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It may have called RtlGetVersion directly, read the PEB, or worse, read SharedUserData which means a driver would have to modify it.

Anyway, I now have a driver that synchronizes the RTC with other system timers. I see that even my Xeon X5670's RTC runs slow on Vista. So I will try on here, then I will offer it to others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2022 at 4:58 PM, win32 said:

This driver did not succeed in calibrating the timers, but I used it to help me run 373.06

Hi , interesting , do you mind me asking, is there a benefit in using 373.06 over the 377.83 from my tutorial ? I mean , this one's much older . Perhaps better FPS ? 

Anyways , I don't mind to try ! What "timer driver" and where to downlaod it ? Instructions on how to install that driver ? Thanks.

P.S. I'm curious why do we need a timer driver for Nvidia drivers ? Yes , I read they may have timing troubles after 347.88 on certain systems . Is this the reason ?

And I'm assuming it works only with the ex-kernel installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also , what did you do to the DX diagnostins so it finally reports the right amount of VRAM ? Mine still says I have 2.5GB of VRAM on a 12GB card  , lol. I even have some games run into troubles . They simply won't utilize more than the amount which is reported by the DX tool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...