[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

for adblocking yall could try using a dns (go to chrome's settings and search "dns" under the security tab -> advanced) 

fill in the blank space with dns.adguard.com

it works on my phone but on my pc i use firefox

Other bug: Media Player is totally broken. It crashes when I want to add folder to library.

And next bug: I can't install Office 2007, setup crashes instantly after clicking "Install Now"

Edited by Ark_mage2180

I did a research and the problem with the locales that I found , you won't like it , I'm afraid .

I traced what the browser does right when I try to install the damn "localised" extension (why do they do them anyways!?)

In this example I tried uBlock version 1.42 , during the installation the browser sends a request for "ResolveLocaleName" , 

win32 added this function , but is still leads to an empty response . So the install blocked ! In earlier versions they used 

GetLocaleInfoW , GetLocaleInfoEx , GetUserDefaultLocaleName, GetUserDefaultUILanguage , GetUserDefaultLangID

which was more than enough !!! Yet those plonkers decided to add the buggy ResolveLocaleName. I wonder if win32

could do smth to redirect it to some real value. 

9 hours ago, Ark_mage2180 said:

I can't install Office 2007, setup crashes instantly after clicking "Install Now"

it happened to me with a lot more programs

i found that it is best to install everything that supports vista first then the kernel and only then try to experiment with the not officially supported stuff

So one could say I finally defeated the bloody drivers .

SUCCESS

376.11 - Works VERY good and Fast . Everything works , Aero , DX10/11 games , Cuda , etc.

total FAILURES 

378.49 - Instant BSOD

382.05 - Black Screen (but sounds playing)

390.67 - Hangs up and nothing (had to do a hard reset)

456.xx - Tested several - all have like 10-15 frames (no acceleration in games at all) . Aero working.

I ran as administrator In the command prompt type 

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on

bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

Doesn't help at all. 

I have a question to @win32 , how do I bloody turn the DSE so it could  stay on forever ?

As long as I don't select it in the F8 boot menu - I instantly get "code 39 error".

376.png

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

SUCCESS

could you share the driver? or perhaps a way to modify it in order to make it work? 

also i saw you saying something about some fujitsu drivers working on vista.. i guess you know what i want to ask you:lol:

3 hours ago, winvispixp said:

could you share the driver? or perhaps a way to modify it in order to make it work? 

also i saw you saying something about some fujitsu drivers working on vista.. i guess you know what i want to ask you:lol:

It's not allowed to share modded copyright protected material here , but I can share in a new topic with instructions so you could do it yourself , it's easy to do when you know what to do in advance .

It took me several days , at least , I also had to do lots of tests . But I want to know how to force DSE always OFF , otherwise you would have to do it every boot and it's annoying.

And you need to know I test on a 900 series Titan.

15 hours ago, D.Draker said:

But I want to know how to force DSE always OFF , otherwise you would have to do it every boot and it's annoying.

I think Efiguard from github could do this

Edited by burd

8 hours ago, burd said:

I think Efiguard from github could do this

Thank you , I'll try . I don't test on Efi/uefi motherboard. I test this on a very old board from 2010 or so and Titan from 2014 - 2015 . The mobo has an old school BIOS. I wonder if it has something to do with my Vista edition being Business ? While most of you have the Ultimate version . Anyways , I read several posts from various sources saying disabling DSE forever just doesn't work.

This , for example. And it looks like this Microsfot Moderator "Rohit Raina" having troubles understanding the question .

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disable-driver-signature-enforcement/176caf31-df98-41bc-8a5f-b9b91589da45

Even if I run all commands as admin and reboot , I still have this crap , look below.

378.49.png

17 hours ago, SigmaTel71 said:

Seems to be requiring at least Windows 10 to run and... let me guess, the game executable had Windows Vista header in PE (PE64) section?

I'm sorry man , I'm not into discussing the games in the ex-kernel topic. Yes , it was for Win 10 only. All I can say , I used instructions provided by another member @Dixel,who seems to abandon this website . And his instructions did the trick and the game runs fine . But you need drivers at least 373.19 , otherwise won't start or may have low fps on low-specs systems.

I don't know if it's 11.1 or just 11.0 because my card natively supports 11.1 and 12 so it could you use it directly , I just don't know you can ask him.

11 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Thank you , I'll try . I don't test on Efi/uefi motherboard. I test this on a very old board from 2010 or so and Titan from 2014 - 2015 . The mobo has an old school BIOS. I wonder if it has something to do with my Vista edition being Business ? While most of you have the Ultimate version .

It has nothing to do with editions and even i was using vista business till the very end. I was recently trying to bypass DSE for windows 7 on my new laptop aswell which is the same as vista, due to a patched file. Anyhow i do remember a software that could trick windows into believing a file was signed and boot with it, although i cant remember the name, perhaps you could find it when you get free time. Thanks for your find.