On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

4 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

Yay... It works! I installed the agent and added the registry entries and copied the patched wuaueng.dll to c:/winnt/system32 and dllcache.:cheerleader:

Screenshot 2022-01-29 234633.png

Yes, worked for me, but after installing the prerequisite, it is stuck again at this screen.spacer.png

4 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

The problem is that you search forever but never get a result.

In the past I had similar problems but thinking the search is forever never getting a result is in most cases wrong. Such searches can last more than an hour. But no one wants to wait for such a long time so they will be abandoned by user. My tip often helps to avoid such long searches.

3 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

In the past I had similar problems but thinking the search is forever never getting a result is in most cases wrong. Such searches can last more than an hour. But no one wants to wait for such a long time so they will be abandoned by user. My tip often helps to avoid such long searches.

I've tried everything. Up to about 2 days but no result.

12 hours ago, maile3241 said:

I've tried everything. Up to about 2 days but no result.

Just to clarify Microsoft Update Search doesn't work in your Windows XP system due to never ending process. Is that right?

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

@Dave-H Here are my advanced IE settings. Please check!

1193532905_IESettings-Advanced.jpg.19caa001470a2037e30a4f7903dc7cc3.jpg

And check if HTTPSProxy and IE are not blocked by Malwarebytes Premium and your firewall. Make exclusions or better disable them temporarily when accessing MU.

By the way which firewall do you use? Built-in or a firewall software? My security combination is Avast Premier and Windows 10 Firewall Control XP. The firewall feature in Avast is not installed. Web protection temporarily disabled. Malwarebytes Premium for Windows 3.5.1.2522 (official last version for XP) didn't work properly in my system (very buggy!) so I went back to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1.1043 for on demand scan which works fine.

OK, I've now got HTTPSProxy running insted of ProxHTTPSProxyMII, and my settings are the same as yours.
Should I disable SSL 2.0?
:dubbio:
Anyway the Microsoft Update site is now failing to load with error 0x801901F6, which apparently means "The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request, received an invalid response from the upstream server it accessed."
HTTPSProxy is working fine everywhere else.
:)

WindowsUpdate.log

56 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Should I disable SSL 2.0?

Try it! And clear SSL cache and personal information once again! And I can't read your WindowsUpdate.log. Check it and upload it again! There is something misconfigured either in config.ini (do you use my provided config.ini for HTTPSProxy?) or in IE. Why is your WindowsUpdate.log unreadable?

p.s.: Use a taskmanager to check if nothing interferes your connection to MU. I use Process Hacker, in my opinion the best. :thumbup

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

9 hours ago, xpandvistafan said:

I was talking about Windows 2000, I guess I quoted the wrong post. It works now, requires TLS 1.2 which means it also requires Extended Kernel.

It's correct. Unfortunately, all updates are required for the Extended Kernel. So it doesn't make much sense.

Edited by maile3241