On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

2 minutes ago, WULover said:

working but I don't have the activex of mu

Download this file and copy it to system32 and register it with regsvr32 muweb.dll

Download: https://download.zip.dll-files.com/a1350d646ef6e57e8f4f33ebe7320d08/muweb.zip?token=Y8cJf2LvbrBsh5rtZnQZDw&expires=1646894805

Edited by maile3241

This is my first post on here but I've been following along on this long bulky thread and I'm getting an 0x80072F78 error on Windows Update, I've followed all the steps and I currently have XP SP3, what do I do? Thanks.

1 hour ago, WinGlass said:

This is my first post on here but I've been following along on this long bulky thread and I'm getting an 0x80072F78 error on Windows Update, I've followed all the steps and I currently have XP SP3, what do I do? Thanks.

Hi, at first read carefully my "Complete guide for restoring Microsoft Update in IE" in this post:

If you have trouble with ProxHTTPSProxy, then you can find everything about it in this post:

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 minute ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi, at first read carefully my "Complete guide for restoring Microsoft Update in IE" in this post:

If you have trouble with ProxHTTPSProxy, then you can find everything about it in this post:

Thanks, but I've already done that but I'll read them again to see if I missed anything, and also, I'm using HTTPSProxy instead of ProxHTTPSProxy now to see if I get something and now I'm getting 0x80072F8F, which says:

"Your computer's date and time appear to be out of sync with an update certificate. To fix this:
1. In Control Panel, open Date and Time Properties.
2. Ensure that the date and time are correct."

But my certificates are up to date and my time and date are correct, so I'm guessing this is coming from HTTPSProxy.