On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019

Mcinwwl

42 minutes ago, WULover said:

Il tried with the same disc on a vm and it worked.

Try this: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aec3aa36-7fa3-42d8-ba0b-819e0edae31a/windows-update-error-0x800706d3?forum=smallbusinessgeneral

According to the Internet, you have a virus on your PC. It's weird that it works on your vm but not on the laptop.:dubbio:

Edited by maile3241

15 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

Thanks for the tip,

You're welcome. ;)

15 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

but I think he already installed it.:)

Yes, that's right.

I was also just saying that IE6 SP1 also exists in Microsoft Update Catalog. Nothing else. :)

8 hours ago, WULover said:

How can I find viruses in Windows 2000? 

It's too old...

I think there will be no way out. If no important documents are installed, then simply reinstall Windows.

1 hour ago, WULover said:

You don't have another solution for my error ?

Of course, I have. Forget about Windows 2000! As you already wrote in a post above:

It's too old...

And you are absolutely right. But for all not reasonable people there is an antivirus tool which works with Windows 2000 too, called ClamWin. Here is a link: https://clamwin.com/  :)

PS: By the way I don't think you have an infection in your system. :whistle:

Edited by AstroSkipper

12 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Of course, I have. Forget about Windows 2000! As you already wrote in a post above:

And you are absolutely right. But for all not reasonable people there is an antivirus tool which works with Windows 2000 too, called ClamWin. Here is a link: https://clamwin.com/  :)

PS: By the way I don't think you have an infection in your system. :whistle:

I also believe he doesn't have a virus, but I could only tell what was said on other forums.

btw. We need to back up this topic. The administrator has announced that MSFN will be closed soon due to lack of donations.

Edited by maile3241

Due to the fact that some of you had problems when running ProxHTTPSProxy or HTTPSProxy in older systems I have examined the correlation of crashes with the SSE2 capability of a CPU. The current results can be found in sections Prerequisites and Versions of this post:

@maile3241 I have mentioned your findings relating to getting access to MU in Windows XP Professional x64 and linked your post.

6 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

I also believe he doesn't have a virus, but I could only tell what was said on other forums.

In your linked post the solution was to check if Microsoft Client Network is properly installed.

3 minutes ago, WULover said:

Now I have error 0x80244019. How can I solve it?

Download the Windows Update Patch for Xp and replace wuaueng.dll with the patched file under c:\winnt\system32\dllcache and c:\winnt\system32. And add the registry entries. Stop the automatic update service first.

Edited by maile3241