My Browser Builds (Part 1)

basilisk/moebius new build for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk-55.0.0a1.win32-git-20180106-2f2a5041b-xpmod.7z
Win64 http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk-55.0.0a1.win64-git-20180106-2f2a5041b-xpmod.7z

diff: http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/moebius_restoreXP_20171113.7z

source patch of ffvpx H264/HEVC/AAC/MP3 Addition: http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/moebius-ffvpx-h264-aac-hevc-mp3-addition.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Remove half-resolved "symlink-file" from media/libav (af80e7e33)
- Round subpixel border widths to nearest integer instead of nearest-below integer. (642d1d4f6)
- Remove margin which cuts off the menu bar on Windows (e970682d6)
- Remove kinto client, Firefox kinto storage adapter, blocklist update client and integration with sync, OneCRL and the custom time check for derives system time. (e36aae626)
- Change the registered Windows handler names from Firefox* to Basilisk* (cdef1d75e)
- Rename Options to Preferences and unify location. (e9211c099)
- mozJSSubScriptLoader::LoadSubScript should add a pseudo stack frame showing which script is loaded (0ec2b338d)
- Chase the fox out of the shell service. (a3dbd8e5b)
- Add an option to control automatic filling in of login credentials and switch this off by default. (e89eb707c)
- Merge pull request #269 from MoonchildProductions/remove-kinto (8b23bbee6)
- Merge pull request #268 from FranklinDM/rm-navbar-margin-patch (472d115a4)
- Revert "mozJSSubScriptLoader::LoadSubScript should add a pseudo stack frame showing which script is loaded" (60a5e3163)
- Change resolution of .now() to 50us. (9dbab8911)
- Limit the number of SharedArrayBuffers in normal JS code (not just asm.js). (51f6d75ab)
- Fix installer build bustage. (2f2a5041b)

New regular/weekly KM-Goanna release:
https://o.rthost.cf/kmeleon/KM-Goanna-20180106.7z

Changelog:
Out-of-tree changes:
* update Goanna3 to git rev 7d810df6d..d74da289f:
- Add an option to control automatic filling in of login credentials and switch this off by default. (ce1aca868)
- Rename Options/Settings to Preferences and unify location. (3ae86b6e0)
- Name option to restart in Safe Mode accordingly. (e60ca5e2b)
- Add a missed override string -> Preferences. (07a2d82d3)
- Fix appmenu for Linux after #1561 (b9f82d25a)
- Reinstate JS_FOR_EACH_WELL_KNOWN_SYMBOL (006a3dae6)
- ES6 Symbol.unscopables (34b4eb628)
- Fix missed string on about:support for "restart in Safe Mode" (ed557e027)
- Add Symbol.species (85bbd3555)
- Implement Map[@@species] and Set[@@species] getter (c34d2ef9c)
- Merge pull request #1566 from janekptacijarabaci/js_Symbol.species_1 (3fbc8b940)
- Change resolution of performance.now() to 50us. (9ac47db85)
- [MSE] Do not attempt to retrieve the buffered range if the mediasource is in closed state. (a293a8fc6)
- [MSE] Disable tail dispatching on the MediaSourceDemuxer's TaskQueue (5f844308f)
- [MSE] When abort() is called, wait until the current appendBuffer completes (6a51b3f47)
- [MSE] Remove now unused code (ec196f247)
- [MSE] Remove some undesired Mozilla diagnostic code (5af332210)
- Fix build bustage (14e7b0446)
- Merge pull request #1569 from trav90/media-work (98a6df244)
- Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon (d74da289f)
* updated es-ES,it,fr locale

2 hours ago, curiosil said:

Hi,

Thanks for the update, but how do I update my installation of the last build? by simply overwriting

the profile folder? and, would that be all and perfectly safe?

Regards.

dropping new files over old files should be fine for updating palemoon/basilisk.

10 hours ago, curiosil said:

OK, thanks.

By the way, what is basilisk? I just know Pale Moon and the 2 builds for it, New Moon and yours.

basilisk is a testbed of (in-development) next Goanna(4) engine, basically it is something like Firefox-55.0a1(Firefox 53 alike) browser.

Hi. thanks a lot for your XP-Mod of Pale Moon. The overall performance is great. I use your New Moon 27.7.0a2 Build 20180106013833. My platform is Windows XP Professional 32Bit. The german localization file 27.7.0_RC5 doesn't work properly. In preferences of New Moon the security tab is empty. Can you confirm this behavior? Using en-US default no problems. Is this an effect due to your modifications? Thanks in advance and best regards

On 8.1.2018 at 4:09 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Hi. thanks a lot for your XP-Mod of Pale Moon. The overall performance is great. I use your New Moon 27.7.0a2 Build 20180106013833. My platform is Windows XP Professional 32Bit. The german localization file 27.7.0_RC5 doesn't work properly. In preferences of New Moon the security tab is empty. Can you confirm this behavior? Using en-US default no problems. Is this an effect due to your modifications? Thanks in advance and best regards

Hi, due to my problem here a hardcopy of the preference - security window in my New Moon browser. Hope I'll get any help or information. Regards

Preference - Security (FILEminimizer).jpg

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi, due to my problem here a hardcopy of the preference - security window in my New Moon browser. Hope I'll get any help or information. Regards

Preference - Security (FILEminimizer).jpg

Go to the folder Palemoon -> Browser and unzip the omni.ja file. Go to the folder chrome -> en-US -> locale -> browser -> preferences. Copy the security.dtd file to the Desktop. Open in Notepad. Replace english language with german language. Paste and replace this file in your language location. (C: \ Documents and Settings \% UserName% \ AppData \ Moonchild Productions \ Pale Moon \ Profiles \ xxxxx.default \ extensions \ langpack-de@palemoon.org.xpi)

just wanted to ask if it were possible that u could:

1. make NewMoon update automatically

2. make NewMoon a program that actually gets installed on a computer, not a 7z file that has to be extracted.

3. ditch the weirdly sized window buttons in ur latest build

anyway keep up the great work! I, along with tons of other people, really appreciate the work that u have put into this browser.

36 minutes ago, apreese16 said:

just wanted to ask if it were possible that u could:

1. make NewMoon update automatically

2. make NewMoon a program that actually gets installed on a computer, not a 7z file that has to be extracted.

3. ditch the weirdly sized window buttons in ur latest build

I think roytam1 doesn't like automatic updates but I may be incorrect on that. The subject came up either here or over at the K-Meleon forum.

I hope he keeps it as is ... I like updating each item myself, I get to see what changes were made. It takes me less than five minutes to update everything. I have no problem with downloading a 7z file ... WinRAR opens it quickly.

Not sure what weird windows you are talking about ... I see nothing wierd in my setup.

I hope things stay as they now are ... it's a good simple working browser for Windows XP. Maybe try the newer K-Meleon browser that he is working on ... you could probably customize that to your liking. I also use that roytam1 KM version.

Who needs anything more for WinXP ?

I vote to keep this browser as it is ... simple, lean and clean.

hey, by "weirdly sized buttons" I mean the buttons in the top right, as in (exit, minimize etc.) the buttons are bigger than the default windows xp size. Also, what I mean by automatic updates is that you would get a notification but u could choose whether to install it or not. And if u choose "no" then u can always go into the settings and there will be a list of all the updates u have missed and can then install if u want. just an idea.

weird buttons.JPG

Thanks for your picture of the buttons ... I don't have that setup at all. Those top right buttons are small or normal in my setup. They match exactly what I have setup in the K-Meleon browser.

I use the Klassic skin in the KM browser ... it gives the feel or look of WinXP. I'm not sure why you have those buttons, I never saw them before in New Moon. Maybe there is a size setting in 'about:config'. I admit, I don't care for those buttons either.

Maybe someone else can be of help. I just don't want a whole bunch of changes made to New Moon ... except for the 'better' of course, but it's a good browser now, better than Pale Moon, just my opinion.

People want a name change also but I happen to like New Moon.