Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

spacequakes

13 hours ago, Nojus2001 said:

you could try AVG or Avast( even though they are "almost"the same) Personally i use ClamWin + ClamSentinel and the best thing is that they are good (in my opinion) and free!:)

Is there a good tutorial out there for ClamSentinel?  I recall trying it years ago and didn't get very far with it.

10 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I'm afraid I can't help you on that, as I use Malwarebytes Premium online, so it updates automatically.
I guess you'll have more luck asking about this on the Malwarebytes forum.
:)

It´s strange because it passes almost a month now since i ran the update files and it keeps saying that updates are current.

I ask also if that 2 files ".exe" i ran, in fact have updated it´s virus definitions ...

5 hours ago, Queroexperimentar said:

It´s strange because it passes almost a month now since i ran the update files and it keeps saying that updates are current.

Simply jot down today the number pointed by the red arrow in the image below. Repeat the procedure tomorrow and compare the numbers.
Draw your conclusions... Does this answer your question?

MBAM_ABOUT.GIF

This was what i have when installed, 13-06-2019.

Update using the 2 files on this link "http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_rules" restarted pc and all the same!

It says it´s updated but the version stays always the same in the screenshoot, guess is not working.

Have to find another solution for my offline XP service pack 3 PC.

MWB.JPG

Edited by Queroexperimentar

17 minutes ago, heinoganda said:

The download is only suitable for older versions of MBAM. As for an offline update of the definition in MBAM 3.5, this is not available!

:yes:

Do you know what the latest version of the MBAM that this offline update works?

I prefer to have an updated virus defintion than an updated app, as long as it works good!

18 minutes ago, Queroexperimentar said:

Do you know what the latest version of the MBAM that this offline update works?

Version 2 (mbam-setup_v2.2.1.1043.exe) works with the offline update of Malwarebytes. Unfortunately, I would not call this definition current. The current definition for MBAM v2 is v2019.07.05.03.

I work in combination with Avast Free Antivirus v17.5.3585.0 and MBAM v2.2.1.1043.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:45 PM, heinoganda said:

Version 2 (mbam-setup_v2.2.1.1043.exe) works with the offline update of Malwarebytes. Unfortunately, I would not call this definition current. The current definition for MBAM v2 is v2019.07.05.03.

I work in combination with Avast Free Antivirus v17.5.3585.0 and MBAM v2.2.1.1043.

This version of Malwarebytes is only for malware or is an anti-virus to, like recent versions?

1 hour ago, Queroexperimentar said:

This version of Malwarebytes is only for malware or is an anti-virus to, like recent versions?

The older version of Malwarebytes (v2) is for malware only. That's why I use Avast Free Antivirus and MBAM v2.2.1.1043.

3 hours ago, heinoganda said:

The older version of Malwarebytes (v2) is for malware only. That's why I use Avast Free Antivirus and MBAM v2.2.1.1043.

I´m back to the zero!

I need an simple antivirus with offline updates for an offline windows XP machine.

If you do not want to favor a particular anti-virus software at this point, Avast Free Antivirus will allow you to download and install the current definition. https://www.avast.com/en-us/download-update

I do not use every module in Avast, but only file system protection, mail protection and web protection (in the past the software updater). The only problem where I see that even with the free variant every year the license must be online updated (if this is still the case, I can not answer).

Edited by heinoganda

1 hour ago, heinoganda said:

If you do not want to favor a particular anti-virus software at this point, Avast Free Antivirus will allow you to download and install the current definition. https://www.avast.com/en-us/download-update

I do not use every module in Avast, but only file system protection, mail protection and web protection (in the past the software updater). The only problem where I see that even with the free variant every year the license must be online updated (if this is still the case, I can not answer).

Switched back to the MSE.

It´s a work PC that i have on my job for testing devices.

Since 2013 MSE catched in this machine about 5 viruses by inserting usb pen drives...

One usb pen that i lent, when i inserted back in that PC was to late, all folders and files in that pen were coverted in .exe files...

I´m the only one on my work that worries about security...

Edited by Queroexperimentar

On 9/29/2017 at 7:19 PM, MikeyV said:

Clamwin + Clam Sentinel gets you real time scanning, and its still lightweight.

SSE-PC only Clamwin working. Also Clam Sentinel(life-guard) but is blocking a lot of false-positives which is annoying above all since one has to rule them out by putting on whitelist. e.g. irfanview-plugins.  so i stopped using  Sentinel. And: TFC(temp file cleaner) also false positive. will tell them since is very important daily scanner.