Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


spacequakes

Which Antiviruses are Known for a Fact to be Working on XP SP3 as of 2019?

Recommended Posts


13 hours ago, Nojus2001 said:

you could try AVG or Avast( even though they are "almost"the same) Personally i use ClamWin + ClamSentinel and the best thing is that they are good (in my opinion) and free!:)

Is there a good tutorial out there for ClamSentinel?  I recall trying it years ago and didn't get very far with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I'm afraid I can't help you on that, as I use Malwarebytes Premium online, so it updates automatically.
I guess you'll have more luck asking about this on the Malwarebytes forum.
:)

It´s strange because it passes almost a month now since i ran the update files and it keeps saying that updates are current.

I ask also if that 2 files ".exe" i ran, in fact have updated it´s virus definitions ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Queroexperimentar said:

It´s strange because it passes almost a month now since i ran the update files and it keeps saying that updates are current.

Simply jot down today the number pointed by the red arrow in the image below. Repeat the procedure tomorrow and compare the numbers.
Draw your conclusions... Does this answer your question?

 

MBAM_ABOUT.GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This was what i have when installed, 13-06-2019.

Update using the 2 files on this link "http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_rules" restarted pc and all the same!

It says it´s updated but the version stays always the same in the screenshoot, guess is not working.

Have to find another solution for my offline XP service pack 3 PC.

MWB.JPG

Edited by Queroexperimentar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Queroexperimentar said:

Update using the 2 files on this link "http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_rules" restarted pc and all the same!

The download is only suitable for older versions of MBAM. As for an offline update of the definition in MBAM 3.5, this is not available!

:yes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, heinoganda said:

The download is only suitable for older versions of MBAM. As for an offline update of the definition in MBAM 3.5, this is not available!

:yes:

Do you know what the latest version of the MBAM that this offline update works?

I prefer to have an updated virus defintion than an updated app, as long as it works good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Queroexperimentar said:

Do you know what the latest version of the MBAM that this offline update works?

Version 2 (mbam-setup_v2.2.1.1043.exe) works with the offline update of Malwarebytes. Unfortunately, I would not call this definition current. The current definition for MBAM v2 is v2019.07.05.03.

I work in combination with Avast Free Antivirus v17.5.3585.0 and MBAM v2.2.1.1043.

:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also use same version of MBAM as @heinoganda and Avast free 18.8.2356

 

 

imagem.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 4:45 PM, heinoganda said:

Version 2 (mbam-setup_v2.2.1.1043.exe) works with the offline update of Malwarebytes. Unfortunately, I would not call this definition current. The current definition for MBAM v2 is v2019.07.05.03.

I work in combination with Avast Free Antivirus v17.5.3585.0 and MBAM v2.2.1.1043.

:)

This version of Malwarebytes is only for malware or is an anti-virus to, like recent versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queroexperimentar said:

This version of Malwarebytes is only for malware or is an anti-virus to, like recent versions?

The older version of Malwarebytes (v2) is for malware only. That's why I use Avast Free Antivirus and MBAM v2.2.1.1043.

:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, heinoganda said:

The older version of Malwarebytes (v2) is for malware only. That's why I use Avast Free Antivirus and MBAM v2.2.1.1043.

:)

I´m back to the zero!

I need an simple antivirus with offline updates for an offline windows XP machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you do not want to favor a particular anti-virus software at this point, Avast Free Antivirus will allow you to download and install the current definition. https://www.avast.com/en-us/download-update

I do not use every module in Avast, but only file system protection, mail protection and web protection (in the past the software updater). The only problem where I see that even with the free variant every year the license must be online updated (if this is still the case, I can not answer).

:)

Edited by heinoganda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, heinoganda said:

If you do not want to favor a particular anti-virus software at this point, Avast Free Antivirus will allow you to download and install the current definition. https://www.avast.com/en-us/download-update

I do not use every module in Avast, but only file system protection, mail protection and web protection (in the past the software updater). The only problem where I see that even with the free variant every year the license must be online updated (if this is still the case, I can not answer).

:)

Switched back to the MSE.

It´s a work PC that i have on my job for testing devices.

Since 2013 MSE catched in this machine about 5 viruses by inserting usb pen drives...

One usb pen that i lent, when i inserted back in that PC was to late, all folders and files in that pen were coverted in .exe files...

I´m the only one on my work that worries about security...

Edited by Queroexperimentar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...