Latest Version of Software Running on XP

pointertovoid

The latest version of smplayer works well with xp, not needing anymore modification of its mplayer component. MPV is stil out of the question (have to use a 2016 or so version).

5 hours ago, dmiranda said:

The latest version of smplayer works well with xp, not needing anymore modification of its mplayer component

Generally, SMPlayer is working under Windows XP. But the provided MPlayer version which comes with the installation package does not work correctly when you fast-forward or rewind YouTube videos or jump to a specific point. You have to replace the MPlayer version and to adjust some settings to watch videos so that picture and sound are always synchronised. I have been using SMPlayer for some time but I tested this player only with YouTube streams. The good is the files youtube-dl.exe and yt-dlp.exe inside the installation folder can be updated by the great releases from @nicolaasjan.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

How sad. I just played a a few videos and was happy to see that the problems of the internal mplayer were solved. I had to replace it with a previous version, which I will do, if you may kindly share the one version you are using. Smplayer was/is indeed the one player I was aiming to use to stream from the net. Thank! 

9 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

How sad. I just played a a few videos and was happy to see that the problems of the internal mplayer were solved. I had to replace it with a previous version, which I will do, if you may kindly share the one version you are using. Smplayer was/is indeed the one player I was aiming to use to stream from the net. Thank! 

When I am later at my desktop computer, I will provide the version, which is stiil working, including suitable settings.

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
3 hours ago, dmiranda said:

When I am later at my desktop computer, I will provide the version, which is stiil working, including suitable settings.

@dmiranda At the moment, I have replaced the version MPlayer Redxii-SVN-r37871-4.9.3 (i686), which comes with the installation package of SMPlayer 23.12.0, by the version MPlayer Redxii-SVN-r37940-6.2.0 (i686), you see a bit more recent one. This version works great with relative seeking selected and precise unselected. Another version is MPlayer Redxii-SVN-r37802-4.9.3 (i686) which even works with absolute and/or precise seeking selected. Versions higher than 37802 do not work with absolute seeking. :no: And I have unselected the options "Remember time position" with "Remember for streams". I should still mention that version 37940 is the last XP-compatible one.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Hi

Qtranslate is back in function with improvements following its abandonment by its designer.

works very well under XP :rolleyes:

QtranlateNew.jpg

qTranslate Community edition dated December 9, 2023

Differences from the official version:
 * The official portable version of qTranslate 6.9.0 is taken as a basis (according to reviews it works more stable than 6.10.0);
* The Google Translator script is taken from the newer version 6.10.0;
* The Google Dictionary script (technically, it was always just a search engine) is taken from the newer version 6.10.0;
 * Fixed Yandex, Bing (Microsoft Translator), DeepL, Urban Dictionary;
 * Added ChatGPT (configured to work as a translator). Powered by GPT-3.5-turbo-0613;
 * Reverso has been added as a translator (previously it worked only as a dictionary). The author of the patch seems to be Zloy_Gelud;
 * Added translators: Translatero (thanks DimitarSerg), Amazon, ModernMT and LibreTranslate;
 * Added dictionaries: wiktionary, dic.academic.ru (explanatory), translate.academic.ru (transferable);
 * DeepL icon change;
 * Deleted (didn't work anyway): Promt, youdao, Baidu, Papago;
 * It uses its own exeshnik (thanks to DimitarSerg).

Comments and suggestions can be left here:
https://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=50987

Qtranslate download

Edited by IXOYE

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, upadi said:

Thanks for pointing to the last XP-compatible version 7.52.2806:) Unfortunately, Windows XP support has been dropped in version 7.54.2808:(
Here is a quotation from its changelog on Softpedia:

New in TheSage English Dictionary and Thesaurus 7.54.2808 (November 20, 2023)

Changed:

Dropped support for Windows XP

Fixed:

Online tool failed to restore enable website state in some cases

Database:

Added:

~50,000 words (as a corpus) in etymologies, transcriptions, definitions, examples, and thesaurus entries

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks for pointing to the last XP-compatible version 7.52.2806:) Unfortunately, Windows XP support has been dropped in version 7.54.2808:(
Here is a quotation from its changelog on Softpedia:

The database can be updated manually copyng the dat  files from current version (2812)

well here is a experimental version of sumatra pdf for windows xp

i had to change lots of things this time, so it might have errors

but we should test it out

version 3.5.2 is lastest version up to current date 21.02.2024

https://www.file-upload.net/download-15277606/SumatraPDF_WINXP_3.5.2_3.zip.html

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a4mtyf33ozs6q63/SumatraPDF_WINXP_3.5.2_3.zip/file

edit to fix some problems

Edited by user57

It may be winscp 6.1.2.13797 is last XP compatible version. The latest (6.3.0.14793) at least in its portable version, is not compatible anymore.

Edited by dmiranda

13 hours ago, dmiranda said:

It may be winscp 6.1.2.13797 is last XP compatible version. The latest (6.3.0.14793) at least in its portable version, is not compatible anymore.

Confirmed! The latest version WinSCP 6.3.1 is no longer compatible with Windows XP.  WinSCP 6.1.2 is indeed the last XP-compatible version. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

On 2/21/2024 at 11:05 PM, user57 said:

well here is a experimental version of sumatra pdf for windows xp

i had to change lots of things this time, so it might have errors

but we should test it out

version 3.52 is lastest version up to current date 21.02.2024

https://www.file-upload.net/download-15272522/SumatraPDF_WINXP_3.5.2.zip.html
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vq33cti0l8i2eem/SumatraPDF_WINXP_3.5.2.zip/file

I found 2 errors.

1- "Delete Annotation" isn't grayed out when there isn't any annotation, which means it's always shown as available, but clicking on it does nothing.

2- After creating an annotation, you can't close SumatraPDF unless you forcibly end the process with Windows Task Manager.