Creating a Full-Blown Compatibility Layer.

Dibya

8 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Isn't an already compiled build good enough? :dubbio:

You know *like*:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wined3d4win/

Or you could ask there if you have issues with:

or, you know, here: https://github.com/adolfintel/wined3d4win

jaclaz

they cannot run newer Dx10/11 . Many thing does not work.

Previously wine gets compiled easily with MIngw but it no more occurs

Are you saying that (please choose one or more of the following) :dubbio::

1) WineD3D (the official source code for Linux) does support DX10/11?

2) That it does not compile for windows using the instructions and scripts by Federico Dossena? https://github.com/adolfintel/wined3d4win

3) That the pre-built version on his site (stated to be DX1-11) does not actually support DX10/11? http://fdossena.com/?p=wined3d/index.frag

4) Something else (please detail)

jaclaz

9 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

Are you saying that (please choose one or more of the following) :dubbio::

1) WineD3D (the official source code for Linux) does support DX10/11?

2) That it does not compile for windows using the instructions and scripts by Federico Dossena? https://github.com/adolfintel/wined3d4win

3) That the pre-built version on his site (stated to be DX1-11) does not actually support DX10/11? http://fdossena.com/?p=wined3d/index.frag

4) Something else (please detail)

jaclaz

It cannot run single DX10/11 SDK example .

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

It cannot run single DX10/11 SDK example .

WHAT is "it"?

I gave you a list of options EXACTLY because there is a serious miscommunication going on, with you insisting on posting mostly vague one-liners instead of proper, articulated, exact exhaustive questions and statements. :realmad:

Again, does the original WineD3D under Linux work for the "single DX10/11 SDK example"? :dubbio:

If it does, then the windows port should work as well, if it doesn't it is NOT a matter of compiling anything, but rather to rewrite part(s) of the WineD3D, and if it was a matter of recompiling it (possibly with some small changes in the compiling options) at least you were given a good starting point.

jaclaz

Hey guys, I haven't read the entire 26 pages of this thread, but I was looking at the context of the discussion here with respect to that WineD3D compatibility layer.

Dibya, what errors do you get when attempting to run the DX10/11 SDK examples? I don't know what all WineD3D does to provide XP32 and XP64 with DX10/11 compatibility, but just floating an idea out there: it may be an API issue.

I never thought about this being a problem before until I encountered such a problem with X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Though that game uses DX9, Firaxis also used API calls that Windows XP doesn't have by default (though they are available). Rather than address the problem, Firaxis just decided to not support XP and ship the game anyway. An XSEED Games employee posted a guide on how to get X-COM to run on XP systems by having the game use a modified DLL with the required APIs.

So, maybe WineD3D does work, but the examples are using API calls not present in XP. Unless the program is supposed to provide workarounds for that as well?

Edited by TrevMUN

1 hour ago, jaclaz said:

WHAT is "it"?

I gave you a list of options EXACTLY because there is a serious miscommunication going on, with you insisting on posting mostly vague one-liners instead of proper, articulated, exact exhaustive questions and statements. :realmad:

Again, does the original WineD3D under Linux work for the "single DX10/11 SDK example"? :dubbio:

If it does, then the windows port should work as well, if it doesn't it is NOT a matter of compiling anything, but rather to rewrite part(s) of the WineD3D, and if it was a matter of recompiling it (possibly with some small changes in the compiling options) at least you were given a good starting point.

jaclaz

Even i have played Ashes singularity under Linux so wined3d works on linux . Syvet tried a lot and improved many thing , d3d10/11 works by wined3dbuild by Syvet but very slow but certain run faster than original

1 hour ago, TrevMUN said:

Hey guys, I haven't read the entire 26 pages of this thread, but I was looking at the context of the discussion here with respect to that WineD3D compatibility layer.

Dibya, what errors do you get when attempting to run the DX10/11 SDK examples? I don't know what all WineD3D does to provide XP32 and XP64 with DX10/11 compatibility, but just floating an idea out there: it may be an API issue.

I never thought about this being a problem before until I encountered such a problem with X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Though that game uses DX9, Firaxis also used API calls that Windows XP doesn't have by default (though they are available). Rather than address the problem, Firaxis just decided to not support XP and ship the game anyway. An XSEED Games employee posted a guide on how to get X-COM to run on XP systems by having the game use a modified DLL with the required APIs.

So, maybe WineD3D does work, but the examples are using API calls not present in XP. Unless the program is supposed to provide workarounds for that as well?

SDK example are compatible

For those wondering:
"Syvet" is not an existing member, but Dibya is trying to refer to @Svyatpro, who's a member all right.
In my book, to consistently misspell people's names, usernames or handles amounts to deliberate disrespect, but IMO Dibya means no disrespect at all, he's just being as ultra-careless with his writing as he normally is.

11 hours ago, dencorso said:

For those wondering:
"Syvet" is not an existing member, but Dibya is trying to refer to @Svyatpro, who's a member all right.
In my book, to consistently misspell people's names, usernames or handles amounts to deliberate disrespect, but IMO Dibya means no disrespect at all, he's just being as ultra-careless with his writing as he normally is.

Yes Svyatpro

:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 11:29 AM, Damnation said:

any updates on this?

Little busy with real life

Any one know which function are responsible for disk management and memory management ? what make server2003 do so much less read write on disk ? 

I want to know what more can be modded to make XP more lightning fast ! (System core changes ) . Itself XP is lightning fast but nothing wrong in having more .

One more thing , Slightly patched explorer.exe from server2003 can make xp blazing fast . Tested

Edited by Dibya

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

Little busy with real life

Any one know which function are responsible for disk management and memory management ? what make server2003 do so much less read write on disk ? 

I want to know what more can be modded to make XP more lightning fast ! (System core changes ) . Itself XP is lightning fast but nothing wrong in having more .

One more thing , Slightly patched explorer.exe from server2003 can make xp blazing fast . Tested

Can you give more details about patching srv2k3 explorer.exe for XP?

On Wednesday, 5 April, 2017 at 10:36 PM, Dibya said:

Sub System ver to 5.1

Os ver to 5.1

Test in VM no guarantee

Not working here, tested with Win2003 SP2 explorer.exe, crashed.

>	kernel32.dll!_GetPrivateProfileSectionW@16()  + 0x43	
 	shlwapi.dll!CIniStrCache::SHGetPrivateProfileSection()  + 0xc0	
 	shlwapi.dll!_SHGetPrivateProfileSection@16()  + 0x19	
 	explorer.exe!WaitForSCMToInitialize()  + 0x16	
 	ntdll.dll!_NtQueryInformationProcess@20()  + 0xc	
 	kernel32.dll!_GetErrorMode@0()  + 0x18	
 	explorer.exe!_ModuleEntry@0()  + 0x68	
 	kernel32.dll!_BaseProcessStart@4()  + 0x23	

14 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Not working here, tested with Win2003 SP2 explorer.exe, crashed.

>	kernel32.dll!_GetPrivateProfileSectionW@16()  + 0x43	
 	shlwapi.dll!CIniStrCache::SHGetPrivateProfileSection()  + 0xc0	
 	shlwapi.dll!_SHGetPrivateProfileSection@16()  + 0x19	
 	explorer.exe!WaitForSCMToInitialize()  + 0x16	
 	ntdll.dll!_NtQueryInformationProcess@20()  + 0xc	
 	kernel32.dll!_GetErrorMode@0()  + 0x18	
 	explorer.exe!_ModuleEntry@0()  + 0x68	
 	kernel32.dll!_BaseProcessStart@4()  + 0x23	

It seems that my case it worked because my XP is heavily customized .