Are you going to upgrade to Windows 10 before July, 29?

Stefan43

HarryTriwizard, I am curious what is removed in 8.1 that you miss? :) The one thing I definitely miss in 8.1 that 8.0 had is the scheduled and incremental backup. And compared to 7, I miss Previous Versions (Shadow Copies). For all other lost features, I found alternative replacements or third party fixes.

Edited by xpclient

No.

And I'm not even going to do any gyrations to get a "free" license on my workstation either.

If they ever give Win 10 enough value to make it worth having, it'll be worth having for a couple hundred dollars.  If not, no time has been wasted.

-Noel

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 10:45 AM, xpclient said:

No thanks, Bob 10 is a piece of garbage. I prefer XP, then Windows 7, then 8.1 and then 10. I can't use XP now on modern hardware but I can definitely use Windows 7 and Bob 8.1 (with MANY third party fixes to make it like Windows 7) for a long long long long time so I see no reason to downgrade the PC to Windows 10.

You can easily run xp in mordern hardware only some workaround is needed

But things like USB 3.0, SATA/NVMe TRIM won't work on XP. There need to be drivers present for your hardware or you are screwed. The DPI scaling, ClearType rendering and memory management of XP are suboptimal to what Windows 7/8.1 has.

3 hours ago, xpclient said:

But things like USB 3.0, SATA/NVMe TRIM won't work on XP. There need to be drivers present for your hardware or you are screwed. The DPI scaling, ClearType rendering and memory management of XP are suboptimal to what Windows 7/8.1 has.

I believe Above statement and those are true enouf

I use ssd tweaker & Intel SSD ToolBox .

I use many modified Systemfiles to improve cleartype font optimization and i replace xp memory manger with 2k3 datacentre R2 ones.

I use nlite for Slipstreamig my asmedia usb3.0 driver and sata driver(AHCI)

I already unlocked PAE upto 128GB so that i can use more than 3.25 gb ram in my 32 bit XP. (I would like to thanks Syvet pro )

About DPI , Newer DPI make my old gold software loooooooook toooooo much bad.

Really I am happy found a XP Lover like You!

You do rock my friend !! Keep up your dieherdness

I feel like grabbing an update and rollback to 7, just to have an option to jump to 10 whenever I need in the future. Before that I'll stay with 7 and maybe test 10 on VMWare.

2 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Windows 10 increases the security.

With Windows 7 and earlier not possible.

And yet there are those of us who have NEVER had any malware reach our systems.  Ever.

Trouble is, you can't define "security", except to say that more is better (which is ridiculous in itself).

More security cannot fix more stupidity.

-Noel

On 5/22/2016 at 0:55 PM, kosamja said:

Yes, already upgraded to windows 10 and made it look like windows 7 (if that wasnt possible, I wouldnt use it)

Snap_Crab_No_0000.png

Th-That's possible!? (To get Windows 10 to use less ram than Vista/7 on idle) Tell me your secret!