Rebuilding Inno Setups

ZoSTeR

@JohnS
I don't want to put them in »Start»Programs»SpywareBlaster
open the iss file using ISTool, click on "options" in the toolbar, then select the Program Group tab and add the directory you want to use to the "Default Group Name" box, which should be blank which is why Default is created.

Thank you, Benners, now I get it. Finally, I built my firts perfect Inno Setup the way I want. :D

It is a wise installer.

Just use setup.exe /x path to extract

I thought I could try this info with the only software that I cannot choose where to install: Flashget (which is a Wise Installer).

So I unpacked the install pack and did this:

First try: I ran Inno Setup Script Wizard, choose only 1 file - Flashget.exe - choose install path and start menu icon and packed.

Tested and Flashget did work!! :blink::blink: With only 1 file. Of course it did not have other languages, skins, sounds or any ohter dlls. But it works.

Second try: Selected all the files from the original extracted Flashget installer, recreated all of the paths looking at an already installed Flashget folder, repacked and tested.

It the first try worked, this also works. :)

My question is this: is it so simple to recreate an install pack???

Am I missing something?

I am not installing any registry keys that the real installer writes.

But the program works!

is there any easy way to create a iss file for a wise installed program, i know you can use inctrl5 but im not sure how to use it..

the program im looking at is (IncrediMail Xe Premium 4.00 Build 1930), and (Outpost Personal Firewall Pro v2.6.452.5123.403) and they are like adware its a wise installed

i used the /x cmd to extract it, but now im stuck and not sure how to go about this , id seriously like to customize these installers

thanks

Edited by Lost Soul

I use Incredimail myself and finally got tired of messing, there are that many build releases to keep up to date is a drag, running the extraction switch does not extract all the files, most of them are gifs and bitmaps, the exes are not there.

What is it about the setup you want to customize? probably all the s***e they dump everywhere on the desktop and start menu :realmad:

@JohnS

Sometimes it is that simple, some installers just extract the files to the directory you specify and add shortcuts, there are default preferences for the program in the exe and sometimes the reg keys are not added until you open the options dialogs and close them. With flashget as you said sounds and other things are missing as is the ability to right click and download all in IE or the Flashget toolbar, which Avast AV flags as Adaware.

If you don't add a serial number to the registry, ads\banners are shown in the program and the ads directory is created whilst running the program, you could run the program for a while and see if you encounter any problems.

Edited by benners

Also, there is a lot more that goes into building an inno setup than what has been posted, and I may post some hints for people that want to do what benners and I have done. Maybe I can even find something benners doesnt include yet ;) but I doubt it LOL. So, I will load up my cd and look through my scripts and see what I can find...

Maybe I can even find something benners doesnt include yet ;) but I doubt it LOL.
You have created more setups than I, so I bow to your wisdom and higher post count sir. :D

@Lost Soul

As evilvoice says /S works, I use it for the main program setup and the additional British dictionary, I also install Premium skins, registry tweaks to add my own identities and copy all the saved and sent mail

The only thing I cant figure out is how to register it silently (Still trying), I have to run incredimail and click on my license to do so, this complicates things because I always forget to remove the licence before a fresh install and have been refused activation once due to too many activations :( so if you have any ideas or have your own method I would be interested to know.

@benners

@Lost Soul

As evilvoice says /S works, I use it for the main program setup and the additional British dictionary, I also install Premium skins, registry tweaks to add my own identities and copy all the saved and sent mail

ive tried installing incredimail with the /S switch and it works but when the pc makes it to desktop, im bombarded with the identity issue for creation.. im stuck like you on not knowing how to register it yet but working on it

can i see your setup for incredimail like how your adding that dictionary the premium skins and your of course edited version of your registry tweaks,, so that i can try to add a identity and so forth.

thanks

actually, that sounds a lot like what I went through for morpheus ultra...lol...it would write some stuff to commondocs folder and also some reg keys...a good way to find out what is needed to register silently is to unregister the program...run inctrl5 and have it run the program...then once you have regged it, close it and let inctrl5 do its thing...it should tell you if any files were added/changed and what reg keys have been changed/added since registering...I had to do this DVD X Utilities...thats how I found out that some dlls and sys files were actually text documents. Do not use inctrl5 to do everything at once...as you will get some unneeded info doing both, so only use inctrl5 when youre about to reg the program.

Edited by evilvoice

can i see your setup for incredimail like how your adding that dictionary the premium skins and your of course edited version of your registry tweaks,, so that i can try to add a identity and so forth.

I was using xplode's commands to run reg files and copy files, but I am changing to inno to do all these, I think I may have sorted the registration but I am going to need a fresh install, after tweaking the inno. I will post code and links to files if it works.

Here is a zip file that I have tried, all this does is add the two files\reg entries for the British dictionary, deletes the incredimail created identity but not the folder, creates the folders and the registry entries for a new install so you do not have to go through the identity bollocks when Incredimail starts up, like selecting sex, age etc and removes incredimail from Windows start up. Oh, and sets Incredimail as the default client, let me know if you try it and it works. I am looking into removing the 4 welcome emails that are created for each fresh install as well.

With the new identity the are obviously no accounts set up, but as the tweaks force to check for mail on startup this is on error you should see.

Edited by benners

sounds good ill start to test,, btw i dont like incredimail to check for mail when its launched,, do you have the reg setting that disables that,, maybe if its set to not check for mail it will prevent the error on start up,,

well off to script and test.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\IncrediMail\Identities\{7F59EF8E-32E4-41C9-B3CC-6A5E7C2E5A93}]
"CheckMailOnStartup"=dword:00000000

this stops incredimail checking for mail when you start the program