Windows 10 10240 to 10586 upgrade change reports

Tripredacus

Is saving a few $$ so important?  in 2 years, IF they manage to pull it together to where it is worth having, just buy an upgrade license then.

How much is your time worth?  How much the risk of something unexpected causing you not to have all your data and applications back again under Win 7?

For what it's worth, back when Win 8 came out.  I stayed comfortably and productively in Win 7 and when I finally was ready to accept 8.1 I just bought a license.  Sure, it cost a few hundred dollars more.  So what?  I have no regrets.  Avoid being penny wise and pound foolish.

-Noel

1 - I'm retired on a fixed income (Social Security).

2 - My Brother is a sometimes house painter and bar musician ("big bucks").

Care to donate $400 to each of us poor folk? :w00t:

May I suggest Linux. If you have the time to invest in learning it, the monetary price can't be beat.

BTW, there's no sarcasm meant here: I'm headed in that same direction ultimately, unless Microsoft mends its ways.

--JorgeA

^^ That's a good way to look at it. The forecast is for torrential sh!t (forced updates, privacy intrusions, ads) raining down incessantly on Windows users.

Another cloudburst just today.  Note the version:

10586.29.png

-Noel

Sorry, I thought the context was the wish to save $$$ due to limited resources.

In any case, Windows 7 will become obsolete and/or insecure eventually, in some fashion that will operate analogously to the increasing trouble I'm having surfing the Web in IE8 and even 9. Those of us who aren't interested in moving to Windows 8 or 10 will need to make this choice sooner or later.

--JorgeA

I have been trying thru WU download kb3116900 without succes. Late today I found this Microsoft update cataloge and in there kb3116900 and I download the file, succsesfully. but looking clouser to the filename, I got suspicious; is it for AMD only?

bGwxQvi.png

I have been trying thru WU download kb3116900 without succes.

What's the error code the Settings App is putting up?

I actually used one of those recently to look up a failure to install a prior update and it turned up an article on how to fix it.

[rant]

Big font, dumbed-down madness and we STILL have hex error codes, instead of a nice text message.  Re-fricking-diculous.

[/rant]

-Noel