[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

Experimental build #491

The archive also includes new ModernFrame.dll and Win8RP-like atlas for 10586.

is the font size and colour of the modern frame title part of a theme or modernframe.dll - i had it larger and white in 10240 but i now cannot change colour or size - what am i missing or has it changed

Both, I draw it myself in ModernFrame but I load the settings from theme.

LOGFONT lgFont;if (SUCCEEDED(GetThemeSysFont(hTheme, TMT_CAPTIONFONT, &lgFont))){	m_hCaptionFont = CreateFontIndirect(&lgFont);}// load caption colorif (GetThemeColor(hTheme, 47, 1, TMT_TEXTCOLOR, &m_clrCaptionActiveColor) < 0){	m_clrCaptionActiveColor = GetSysColor(COLOR_CAPTIONTEXT);}

I would say #491 is pretty stable and flawless in build 10586... could not find anything that would not make it very well for release candidate. And that being said TH2 users would deserve any official release that could be used without forced debugging and watermark (though still wondering how dhjohns managed to get it run without watermark).

It just stopped appearing! Still no watermark on build 491, neither on desktop nor on full screen video! Life is good!

Experimental build #491

is the font size and colour of the modern frame title part of a theme or modernframe.dll - i had it larger and white in 10240 but i now cannot change colour or size - what am i missing or has it changed

LOGFONT lgFont;if (SUCCEEDED(GetThemeSysFont(hTheme, TMT_CAPTIONFONT, &lgFont))){	m_hCaptionFont = CreateFontIndirect(&lgFont);}// load caption colorif (GetThemeColor(hTheme, 47, 1, TMT_TEXTCOLOR, &m_clrCaptionActiveColor) < 0){	m_clrCaptionActiveColor = GetSysColor(COLOR_CAPTIONTEXT);}

thanks - so it should work - will try again - just copied the files over and did a reboot which is about all i can do - and black small text - odd it has always worked before

Experimental build #491

well after a bit of messing i now have a white font on modern frame - but i cannot increase its size  - all fonts on all other windows are increased - so again is it me or is something wrong

is this normal? i mean, the close button always remain in red? (build 491 in th2 10586).

original.jpg

That is normal, but you can change it with various theme atlases. Mine, for example is not colored at all until I hover over it. When I do the X glows red, the rectangle glows blue, and the - glows green!

Here's a quick timesaver: Don't try downloading these builds in Edge. For some reason it won't work and it gives you this weird text.

If you want to download in Edge here is the workaround. Right-click link, and choose save as. Click in the box where the file name is, and backspace. The file name with the 7z extension will appear. Click on that, and download. Show the file in folder when complete, and get rid of anything after the 7z. In my case it was htm.

is this normal? i mean, the close button always remain in red? (build 491 in th2 10586).

original.jpg

That is normal, but you can change it with various theme atlases. Mine, for example is not colored at all until I hover over it. When I do the X glows red, the rectangle glows blue, and the - glows green!

Thanks

original.jpg

Thanks, this theme works for me, i get it from another post, where i can find more themes compatibles with th2?, non other themes in that post work for me.

original.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

Go to bigmuscle's download page.  Click on "Command line tool to change window's composition attributes."  It will download a file called SetWindowCompositionAttribute.7z.  Extract.  Put the executable in \Windows\System32.  Then save below code in notepad as Taskbarblur.cmd.  Make sure "hide extensions for known file types" is NOT checked.

@echo off:1SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur trueSetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_SecondaryTrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_SecondaryTrayWnd blur truetimeout /T 2 /nobreakclsgoto 1
If you do NOT have two monitors the lines with SecondaryTrayWnd can be removed. Place this on you C-Drive. Then save below code as Taskbarblur.vbs. This will ensure that NO command window is present when program is running.

Dim WinScriptHostSet WinScriptHost = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")WinScriptHost.Run Chr(34) & "C:\TaskBarblur.cmd" & Chr(34), 0Set WinScriptHost = Nothing
This should be saved in your startup folder. You can save it on your desktop first then in the Run dialog (Windows Key + R) type in shell:startup and press OK. This will open your startup folder, and you can move the vbs file there. Now just log off, and back on, and low-and-behold you have TaskBarBlur! Edited by dhjohns

original.jpg

Thanks

original.jpg

Thanks, this theme works for me, i get it from another post, where i can find more themes compatibles with th2?, non other themes in that post work for me.

original.jpg

Could you please share where is this theme? What post?