Windows 10 - Deeper Impressions

xper

I truly believe that if Microsoft were to build a verifiable detour around their security software (e.g., the Windows Filtering Platform, which is the basis for the Windows Firewall and some 3rd party firewalls) then they could get in SUPER hot legal water with people who seriously care about security.

I used to think they'd avoid doing things like that because of how embarrassing it would be in the press, but they clearly have NO shame about that.

For now there is still no evidence that they have enabled any communications that are configured to be blocked by firewall software.

-Noel

Watch out for scams.  What kind of legal people would write a web page where the first sentence is jibberish?

Reports have confirmed that Microsoft if unknowingly pushing Windows 10 to all PC’s, laptops, and tables running the Windows 7 or 8.1 operating system.

Note the word "if", which if you read quickly you might read as "is".  And "tables"?

There are typos all throughout that web page.  Be afraid.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

All the OneCore Unified crap in Windows 10 
a more proper name for Windows 10 would have been Microsoft "SpyBox One" 
to fit with the Microsoft "XboxOne" , "OneDrive" "OneNote",  OneShot""  other "One" B.S.

Definitely an amateurish impression they've put forward.

Maybe Microsoft commissioned the creation of that site in order to attract dissatisfied users into a black hole that will never actually file a lawsuit. Or maybe it was made with deliberate carelessness to discredit the very idea of a suit.   :sneaky:

--JorgeA

Someone has put together a GUI for uninstalling Windows 10 (and 8.x) apps. This should make it easier for non-techie Win10 users to clean their systems of Microsoft crappware.

--JorgeA

You can uninstall crapps with the latest version of Classic Shell for free. If you're on those unfortunate OSes (Windows 8/10) that is :P Best if you're on Windows 7. Although that tool is nice for removing apps using a GUI from a Windows WIM image.

Edited by xpclient

You can uninstall crapps with the latest version of Classic Shell for free. If you're on those unfortunate OSes (Windows 8/10) that is :P Best if you're on Windows 7. Although that tool is nice for removing apps using a GUI from a Windows WIM image.

I like the concept of "unfortunate OSes" :yes::thumbup

jaclaz

Though tweaked, they're somewhat less "unfortunate" and can actually be very nice.  Except Windows 10.  Drop the "very nice" for that one.

Impossible to run the garbage Windows OSes after XP without third party fixes.

:thumbup

-Noel

Someone has put together a GUI for uninstalling Windows 10 (and 8.x) apps. This should make it easier for non-techie Win10 users to clean their systems of Microsoft crappware.

--JorgeA

Cool, I didn't know one could remove crapps via Classic Shell. :thumbup  Shows you how much attention I've been paying to Universal/Metro/Modern apps. For the first couple of Win10 builds, I methodically went through removing them, but after a while it just got to be too tedious to keep doing over and over again. If it were my work PC, I'd be more diligent about it.

--JorgeA