StartIsBack translations

Tihiy

During the update to the latest version I briefly spotted an Ï or an ë character that was displayed wrongly.
This may be caused by incorrect ANSI coding of the translation file I provided.
Here is the updated nl-NL.txt in UTF-8 coding, which should prevent the issue.

nl-NL.txt

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a bug in Resource Hacker – it shows the same mess for PTBR and SLSI.

BTW, @Tihiy, I noticed that there are apparently two Slovenian translations shipped (SLSI and SLSL, the later one being older from StartIsBack).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 3:01 PM, ender` said:

Looks like a bug in Resource Hacker – it shows the same mess for PTBR and SLSI.

Just earlier I downloaded a few recent translations in the idea of updating SiB Translator if necessary. While looking through those files I noticed the sl-si file uploaded by you, and the fr-FR file are both encoded as UTF-16BE, not UTF-16LE as the original one posted by Tihiy (and as requested by the comments inside the file). Not sure if that may be the reason for the mangled display in the resource editor/viewer but they may create problems for SiB itself and definitely do create problems in SiB Translator - the files won't load.

Also nl-NL is encoded UTF-8 instead of UTF-16 but that one loads fine in Translator.

Otherwise it appears the Translator does need to be updated, and a few things fixed or added.
First of all the name: StartIsBack ==> StartAllBack.
Then other minor issues I discovered just now when testing.

Since my CloudMe account is long gone I guess nobody had a chance to try the Translator recently. Will update it and post a link for download. If anyone cares, that is.

Edited by Drugwash
typo, wrong info after recheck

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, ender` said:

not sure how I managed to save it as UTF-16BE previously

May happen for some reason.
I managed to get the Translator script to correctly open the UTF-16BE files in both 32bit and 64bit mode and now it converts them to UTF-16LE automatically when saving. However nobody expressed their interest in the script so I postponed any further work on it. Guess it's much easier to translate by hand or through other tools.

• 2 weeks later...