Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Sorry if this is considered Hi-Jacking..

@This field is required, I noticed if I used OldNewExplorer (installed) I cannot rename folders/files and it will tell me that it doesnt exist even though it does, I reverted back at the moment.

To BM:

I don't want to bypass anything of your software. I even got a legit key which I don't use in my VM's.

It's just that window which annoys me a bit because I don't need the debug info since it's not neccessary

for me (everything works like a charm, no errors,...).

Sorry, but this is not about legit key, it is not either whether debug info is necessary for you. Remove it, modify it as you want, it is your computer. But you downloaded debug version, you agreed to help with development by downloading this version so spamming this forum with guides "How to remove debug means and make full version from beta" is a bit rude, does not help with development at all and only make this forum full of useless stuff.

Unless the debug window somehow automatically sends info to you I don't see why do you care. 90% of people have no idea what any of it means anyway. Most of them are consumers not testers.

W8 version's RC was also barely different from the late betas. Most of the bugs were caused by silly setups.

Edited by Blackbird256

But it's also intended for em because all you can see on its download page is:

"Experimental debug version for build 10240 can be downloaded here"

I think for public it means "look over here - it also works on Win10. Try it!"

No info like "for beta testers only - if you don't know what to do, dont use it"

...you agreed to help with development by downloading this version...

Sorry but I didn't. There wasn't any checkbox or agreement I had to confirm, just a plain download.

If I would have to do, I would do it and if that also would mean to send error logs to you I would too

but since there's nothing like that, I can use and customize it (no illegal stuff) for my personal use

like I want.

Thats my opinion.

Anyways I really appreciate what you've done for us even if your personal opinions doesn't fit mine

and you maybe hate me and any other user who trys more than your debug version was meant for.

Edited by This field is required

I do not know how I found bigmuscle's page, it was a long time ago.  The first thing I did was read the whole page, and when I found out there was a forum which discussed this I joined.  Then I read EVERY page from page 1.  I asked questions; I sent private messages; I experimented with different themeatlases, and windows themes, often to know avail, except knowing that didn't work.  If I figure out everything that doesn't work, then I am left only with the things that do.  I give advice, often in PMs, and accept advice.  I am often opinionated, but I always learn from everyone, and enjoy helping people even if I know they haven't read ALL the pages.  The whole point is to try and get this AeroGlass beautiful, and stable.  That's all folks.

Edited by dhjohns

it does say it's an experimental debug version. isnt that obvious enough.

Not for users that don't know anything deeper than how to go to the internet.

If I tell you stuff in German language you have to know at least that I'm talking German

so you can use a translator to understand me.

Alter, war das nicht klar, dass ich Deutsch spreche?

(means "Dude, wasn't it obvious that I'm talking German?")

If you just know "Deutsch" is "German", it can't be obvious in any way.

If I tell you stuff in German language you have to know at least that I'm talking German

Ich spreche auch Deutsch.  Deutsch und Englisch sind sehr änlich!  -- Put that in your translator!  LOL

He clearly states it's a debug version, it's not his problem if people don't know how to read before they click download.

Now, can we get back to doing some constructive testing and help bigmuscle make the production version be the best it can be?

also even if ppl dont know the word debug, it says experimental, and I think that is a word common in many languages and if you do an experiment you dont know the results, so well

anyway I have no problems on my Laptop (i5 2320/intel HD 4000) even though my GPU driver seems to say that there's a problem.

But it's also intended for em because all you can see on its download page is:

"Experimental debug version for build 10240 can be downloaded here"

I think for public it means "look over here - it also works on Win10. Try it!"

No info like "for beta testers only - if you don't know what to do, dont use it"

...you agreed to help with development by downloading this version...

Sorry but I didn't. There wasn't any checkbox or agreement I had to confirm, just a plain download.

If I would have to do, I would do it and if that also would mean to send error logs to you I would too

but since there's nothing like that, I can use and customize it (no illegal stuff) for my personal use

like I want.

Thats my opinion.

Your opinion is correct here. Debug versions for Win8 contained message box "You are using experimental build etc. etc." that user had to confirm. Users were convincing me that they know it is debug build so they don't need to be bothered with this information. Thus I didn't add it in debug build for Win10. But yes, you are right, I will return it back and users will have to confirm it explicitely.

asking a question that may have been answered but trawling thought the off topic stuff does not help

has the key changed for battery mode - on 2 laptops with this version Aeroglass works on battery - have used AeroglassGUI to set the modes but it does nothing

sure on earlier versions it worked 

apologies if i have missed something - maybe a cleanup of the thread would be helpful - debate is good but [maybe] in a separate thread

no, it should be still same... what's the problem: glass does not disable on battery or glass doesn't enable when not on battery?

glass does not disable on battery - tried it on 2 different systems - both Dell but vastly different laptops - am no expert on the install so as i always say it may be me - i installed an earlier version and then updated the files 

have just double checked as i type this - disable transparency box is ticked in your AeroglassGUI - unplugged the battery and glass still works