Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

ModernFrame.dll has been updated. Link is on my website.

Now, it hooks all processes which may open app frame, so don't worry about one console for any needed process.

Known issues:

- inactive frame has wrong colour for caption title

Secured boot must be turned off right?

Edited by Tusticles

1 it is secure boot without d, (not that anyone would make something called "secured boot" and ppl would mistake it) and modern frame works for me without secure boot, but if you have BM's theme bypass then it must be off.

1 it is secure boot without d, (not that anyone would make something called "secured boot" and ppl would mistake it) and modern frame works for me without secure boot, but if you have BM's theme bypass then it must be off.

Blabla, thank you for correcting me but SECURE BOOT must be disabled for this to work, just tried it and it works with SECURE BOOT OFF only.

At least for me...

Blabla, thank you for correcting me but SECURE BOOT must be disabled for this to work, just tried it and it works with SECURE BOOT OFF only.

At least for me...

I was not meaning it badly but some beginners reading in here (there are more than enough as history has shown) and it MIGHT confuse them.

but a bit weird, I am pretty sure I had it with s-boot on...

is it possible to change text colour of title in modern frame - not sure if its a theme thing or set in registry - maybe neither

It is global, and you can set with AeroglassGUI.

caption colour is set to white which works on all window - my pc - networks etc but in modern frame caption colour and arrow are black - i use dark colours as headers so black is no good

if its global what am i missing

Starts up okay here.

Since I keep UAC off, I can only do limited testing with the Settings App.  Here are my observations:

• It colorizes captions okay as far as I can see on both Modern and ribbon-enabled windows, though I have set white for everything, active and inactive.

• The doubling of the caption text I saw before is gone.

• The "back" glyph now shows properly, though isn't colored the same as the text.

The only bug I see is:

• In an environment where the normal window title bars have been reduced through settings in the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics] key, I find the caption text backing glow to be offset upward, instead of vertically centered like the text.  See the following screen grab...

ModernFrameUpdate2.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

is it possible to change text colour of title in modern frame - not sure if its a theme thing or set in registry - maybe neither

caption colour is set to white which works on all window - my pc - networks etc but in modern frame caption colour and arrow are black - i use dark colours as headers so black is no good

Maybe you haven't downloaded the DLL tool to bypass UXTheme signature verification.

Starts up okay here.

Since I keep UAC off, I can only do limited testing with the Settings App.  Here are my observations:

• It colorizes captions okay as far as I can see on both Modern and ribbon-enabled windows, though I have set white for everything, active and inactive.

• The doubling of the caption text I saw before is gone.

• The "back" glyph now shows properly, though isn't colored the same as the text.

The only bug I see is:

• In an environment where the normal window title bars have been reduced through settings in the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics] key, I find the caption text backing glow to be offset upward, instead of vertically centered like the text.  See the following screen grab...

-Noel

What about the position of the text? Is always right positioned even if the arrow is not visible.

--Edit--

Right positioned, sorry

Edited by Tusticles

Maybe you haven't downloaded the DLL tool to bypass UXTheme signature verification.

not sure - have been away from playing with Aeroglass for a while so am happy to say the problem is me 

i have C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll, C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll  in the registry - modern frame works in that i get glass effect at the top - but looking at NoelC pic above i have something wrong - the glass on mine is the same colour as the windows glass - cannot see how he has got his blue - and as said title text is black whilst all other window title text is blue 

sure the problem is me but cannot see it at the moment

EDIT

solved part of it i was using an old version of UxThemeSignatureBypass64 - updated and the text is white - arrow is black but i think thats as it is but how do i get a different colour to the 'normal' windows headers

Edited by adacom

not sure - have been away from playing with Aeroglass for a while so am happy to say the problem is me 

i have C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll, C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll  in the registry - modern frame works in that i get glass effect at the top - but looking at NoelC pic above i have something wrong - the glass on mine is the same colour as the windows glass - cannot see how he has got his blue - and as said title text is black whilst all other window title text is blue 

sure the problem is me but cannot see it at the moment

EDIT

solved part of it i was using an old version of UxThemeSignatureBypass64 - updated and the text is white - arrow is black but i think thats as it is but how do i get a different colour to the 'normal' windows headers

I Found it works better like this:  

C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame.dll
 that is reversed from what you have. Edited by dhjohns

I Found it works better like this:  

C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame.dll
 that is reversed from what you have.

have done that - yours seems more logical - has still not given me a different coloured header as NoelC's screen grab above 

EDIT

so simple when you know how and i have just worked it out - my colur choice for borders etc is/was the same as my header colours - so looked the same

change the border colour and its sorted - i always ask what have i done wrong as the problem is mostly me 

Edited by adacom