Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

When settings is in the foreground for me the text at the top  left is BLACK, when in the background it is WHITE.  I do not get that doubling effect.

Edited by dhjohns

Installed and working well here, only thing I see is even with a donation key installed I still see the watermark but I'm assuming that's because this is a dev version.

Regardless of that it's been very smooth on my 3 screen desktop so far, good job! :)

Can someone provide me a download link for ModernFrame.dll and instructions to use it. For some reason BigMuscle had removed ModernFrame.dll and it instructions from his site.

Update:

Never mind I found the download link and instructions

Edited by daveo76

Well, I see translucency at the top of the one Modern App I can run with UAC disabled (the Settings App), but...

1.  The title text is doubled, with black or dark gray text to the left, and white (my chosen color) text to the right.

2.  The title text "glow" (for me it's gray, darker than the text) is offset to be above the text.

3.  The caption buttons do not always activate when I hover over them.  I seem to have to slide over to the minimize or restore buttons before the close button will work.

4.  The title bar height is larger than other windows, yet the caption buttons are short yet wider than on other windows.

5.  The caption indicators within the buttons (e.g., the X) don't gray out on inactive windows like they do on normal windows.

ModernFrameExample.png

I don't know which of these issues Big Muscle can improve or rework, but Modern Apps are not fully integrated looking by the previously released ModernFrame.dll.

-Noel

I got "right":

ORsXJK1.png

Hello, i receive the following message when run the file "This service is not support to be executed by the user." This means you need to become administraorom? But I have all administrative rights!

No, it must be run from task manager.  What I do now (it is easier) is create a folder and name it Aeroglass.  I then copy the debug files to it.  Then I install the 1.3.1 version for Windows 8.1.  It will ask if you want to install to AeroGlass folder, say yes.  Do not check Shiny Aeroglass theme.  Then you are good to go.

Thank you, it works. But this debug version and "dwm.exe" will constantly work?

And what to do with the log?

post-407195-0-08762600-1438163808_thumb.

Not bad, I don't like the new way it handles the active and inactive frame colors, it doesn't seem to respect the theme properties at all, I can use the GUI to change it to the colors I want but even then it seems the GUI doesn't work all that well and when saving it seems to revert allot of the time instead.

Works fine if you have the Atlas Layout file with the Theme Atlas image.

attachicon.gif2015-07-30_010944.png

Sorry, I'm all new and I just got it working without atlas on Win10.

What do I need to do to use the png/layout stuff? I tried with pointing the registry entry to the png, which worked but resulted in the same wrong effect RaphaelGreen mentioned. 

And how can I change the opacity value? The registry key ColorizationBlurBalance is not working on Win 8.1 as mentioned in the guide and seems also not working on Win 10.

Edited by Tekener

The background of the tab on Firefox are not transparent.

They are on Windows 8.1 with Aero Glass.

Edited by wmn