Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

jumper

KernelEx 4.5 Core Updates (4.5.2016.17)

>(There is no point to calling it on 9x/ME as they always return FALSE, and 95 doesn't even have it.)

I raises the question then, why did the stub not work? If I am wrong about this and if it just blocks the function, unless KEX is designed for Win95, why block the IsProcessorFeaturePresent for this mode as the block could cause problems with individual files. Some games I found liked Win95 mode and is a slightly less resource hungry mode. The text displaying can be first to go wrong when resources are very low. One test where GDI resources can be checked easily is DAZ vs 2. It just loads with their example if an minimum of programming is run. I had to use WIN98FE & use plugins KEX disabled to have enough GDI resources. Ctrl + Alt +Del with RP9 installed shows 3 resource types. Java based programming uses up LDT resources.

>Please debug what is going wrong with Vuze and JRE in W2k mode.

Update >> I have looked into it and has been always the case I tested wit KEX 4.5.2 same result. Between the two loads of WinME & NT40 there are no extra modules loaded, no discernible differences there. There is a difference though, the registry thinks that it has not been run after switching from ME to NT modes. I think it changes user settings or something or registry changes do not work. It tries to install a ja file found in temp and _Restore\temp as though it goes through a new install with different mode changes. The font not displaying could be a Unicode employment of fonts and not Ansi but I do not know or it simply does not read the registry so the fonts are not deployed.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Some apps probe for functions and then make assumptions based on the results. When emulating Win95, the correct behavior for KernelEx is to disable IsProcessorFeaturePresent.

If you would like to create an experimental mode for Core.ini named Win95++ that enables it and possibly other APIs as well, please do so. There are many examples already in the current Core.ini. Feel free to post it and discuss it here in this thread. Others are also encouraged to share their experimental modes as well as discuss the structure of Core.ini in general.

A little feedback: Today I updated to 24 on a second machine. New problems have not yet occurred, however so far I haven't done extensive program tests.