Multiboot CD?

JayMan

I use XVI32 to manually modify binary files.

I ended up downloading a program called Swiss File Knife, which has many command line tools - including split and join.

Again, thanks for all the replies!

That's fine, but XVI32 does work an Batch Mode as well. :yes: You DID read the "Help" File (CHM) didn't you? :unsure:

(the above hilite is so you'll know that I'm -not- trying to -force- you into anything. ;) )

How does one submit code to the creator of HFSLIP?

The code I written, praise God, is working awesomely!!!

The script requires you download a program called Swiss File Knife. Rename the .EXE to SFK.EXE and put it in the HFTOOLS directory.

Here is how it basically works:

1: You assign a directory name that you want all the OS setup files in (must be 4 characters) in the MBOOTPATH variable. Unlike the instructions given in the original script you don't include any backslashes - just the 4 characters.

2:The script, after the slip-streaming is done, then modifies the TXTSETUP.SIF and SETUPLDR.BIN files, creates your MBOOTPATH directory, copies the needed files into the root of your MBOOTPATH directory as well as of course the I386 directory itself.

3:You move your MBOOTPATH directory and the WIN51* files from the SOURCESS directory into the root directory of your multiboot/AIO.

4: You move the (4 character directory name).BIN file from the SOURCESS directory into what ever directory your multiboot/AIO method dictates you put your BOOT.BIN files at, and configure your multiboot/AIO method to use the file as the method dictates.

And that's it! No need to manually hex-edit any files.

I put all the code into a separate CMD file, which is called from the main HFSLIP***.CMD.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JayMan

How does one submit code to the creator of HFSLIP?

Normally you don't. :no:

You have before you a choice :w00t::

1. share your batch publicly (by posting it here on the board as an example) :)
  2. keep it private :(

If #1, maybe one of the contributors of HFSLIP may notice it and decide to integrate it in HFSLIP, or add it to the available options of HFSLIP and host it on the HFSLIP site or decide that it is not suitable for integration and hosting, or decide that the idea is good but re-write your script, etc.

Notwithstanding what the good guys maintaining HFSLIP will do, if the batch is published, it can be used "as is" or merely as a source for inspiration by the next peep that will want to tweak *something* in the way HFSLIP builds a source.

If #2 the game ends earlier, actually right now, and your nice batch won't have any use if not the one you will use it for.

jaclaz

OK, I will submit it here as directed.

To use this code you need to do the following:

1: Download the program called Swiss File Knife. Rename the .EXE to SFK.EXE and put it in the HFTOOLS directory.

2: Create a folder in your HFSLIP folder called "BrakSlip" (named after my favorite cartoon character, Brak).

3: Create a new file called "BrakBoot.cmd" and put the following code in it.

ECHO. BRAKBOOT - Processing Boot FolderREM This function will modify the TXTSETUP.SIF,SETUPLDR.BIN and BOOT.BIN files, and copy the needed files into the main directory.REM This is done in order to fascilitate the creation of a Multi-Boot CD.IF NOT "%MBOOTPATH%"=="Default" (  set counter=1  FOR /F "tokens=1* delims=]" %%a in ('type "SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF" ^| find /V /N ""') do (    if "%%b"=="SetupSourcePath = "\"" (ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.WRK SetupSourcePath = "\%MBOOTPATH%\") else (    if "%%b"=="" (echo.>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.WRK) else (ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.WRK %%b)    )    set /a counter+=1  )  DEL SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF  REN SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.WRK TXTSETUP.SIFREM ###################################################################################################  HFTOOLS\sfk split 246608b SOURCESS\I386\SETUPLDR.BIN setupldr.bin -yes&REN setupldr.bin.part1 split.wrk&REN setupldr.bin.part2 split.tmp.part9  HFTOOLS\sfk split 246604b split.wrk -yes&DEL split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part1 split.wrk&DEL split.wrk.part2  HFTOOLS\sfk split 226813b split.wrk -yes&DEL split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part1 split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part2 split.tmp.part7  HFTOOLS\sfk split 226809b split.wrk -yes&DEL split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part1 split.wrk&DEL split.wrk.part2  HFTOOLS\sfk split 156971b split.wrk -yes&DEL split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part1 split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part2 split.tmp.part5  HFTOOLS\sfk split 156967b split.wrk -yes&DEL split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part1 split.wrk&DEL split.wrk.part2  HFTOOLS\sfk split 140926b split.wrk -yes&DEL split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part1 split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part2 split.tmp.part3  HFTOOLS\sfk split 140922b split.wrk -yes&DEL split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part1 split.tmp.part1&DEL split.wrk.part2  ECHO>>split.wrk %MBOOTPATH%&HFTOOLS\sfk split 4 split.wrk -yes&REN split.wrk.part1 split.tmp.part2&DEL split.wrk.part2&DEL split.wrk  COPY split.tmp.part2 split.tmp.part4&COPY split.tmp.part2 split.tmp.part6&COPY split.tmp.part2 split.tmp.part8&HFTOOLS\sfk join split.tmp.part1  DEL SOURCESS\I386\SETUPLDR.BIN  MOVE split.tmp SOURCESS\I386\SETUPLDR.BIN  DEL split.tmp.part1&DEL split.tmp.part2&DEL split.tmp.part3&DEL split.tmp.part4&DEL split.tmp.part5  DEL split.tmp.part6&DEL split.tmp.part7&DEL split.tmp.part8&DEL split.tmp.part9REM ###################################################################################################  IF EXIST HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN (    HFTOOLS\sfk split 1177b HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN boot.bin -yes&REN boot.bin.part1 split.wrk&REN boot.bin.part2 split.tmp.part3    HFTOOLS\sfk split 1173b split.wrk -yes&DEL split.wrk&REN split.wrk.part1 split.tmp.part1&DEL split.wrk.part2    ECHO>>split.wrk %MBOOTPATH%&HFTOOLS\sfk split 4 split.wrk -yes&REN split.wrk.part1 split.tmp.part2&DEL split.wrk.part2&DEL split.wrk    HFTOOLS\sfk join split.tmp.part1    MOVE split.tmp SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%.BIN     DEL split.tmp.part1&DEL split.tmp.part2&DEL split.tmp.part3  )REM ###################################################################################################  MD SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  MD SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\SYSTEM32  MOVE SOURCESS\I386 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  MOVE SOURCESS\$OEM$ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\WIN51 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\WIN51IP SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\WIN51IP.SP3 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\system32 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\1394bus.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\A320MGT.CAT SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\A320MGT.INF SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\A320RAID.CAT SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\A320RAID.INF SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\A320RAID.SYS SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\A320RAID.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aac.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aac.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aac.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aac.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aaccin.dll SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aacevt.exe SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aacmgt.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aarich.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aarich.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aarich.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aarich.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\abp480n5.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\acpi.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\acpiec.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\adpu160m.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\afamgt.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\afamgt.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aha154x.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ahcix86.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ahcix86.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ahcix86.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aic78u2.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aic78xx.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aichmgt.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aichmgt.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\aliide.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\amsint.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\asc.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\asc3350p.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\asc3550.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\atapi.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\biosinfo.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\bootvid.dl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\c_1252.nl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\c_437.nl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cbidf2k.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cd20xrnt.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cdfs.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cdrom.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cerccin.dll SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cercmgt.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cercsr6.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cercsr6.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cercsr6.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cercsr6.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\classpnp.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cmdide.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\cpqarray.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\dac2w2k.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\dac960nt.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\delpseud.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\disk.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\disk101 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\disk102 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\disk103 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\disk104 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\dmboot.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\dmio.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\dmload.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\dpti2o.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\drvmain.sdb SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\fastfat.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\fdc.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\flpydisk.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ftdisk.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\hal.dl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\halaacpi.dl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\halacpi.dl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\halapic.dl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\hidclass.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\hidparse.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\hidusb.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\hpn.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\i2omgmt.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\i2omp.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\i8042prt.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\iaahci.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\iaahci.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\iastor.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\iastor.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\IaStor.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\IaStor.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\idecoi.dll SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ini910u.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\intelide.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\isapnp.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\kbdclass.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\kbdhid.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\kbdus.dll SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\kd1394.dl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\kdcom.dl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ksecdd.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\l_intl.nl_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\lbrtfdc.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\megasas.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\megasas.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\megasas.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\mof.mof SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\mountmgr.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\mpixp32.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\mraid35x.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nodev.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ntdetect.com SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ntfs.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ntkrnlmp.ex_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvata.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvgts.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvgts.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvgts.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvgts.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvide.nvu SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvraid.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvraidco.dll SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvrd32.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvrd32.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvrd32.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\nvrd32.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\oemsetup.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ohci1394.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\oprghdlr.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\partmgr.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\pci.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\pciide.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\pciidex.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\pcmcia.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\perc2.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\perc2hib.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\property.dll SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ql1080.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ql10wnt.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ql12160.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ql1240.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ql1280.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ramdisk.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sbp2port.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\scsiport.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\serenum.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\serial.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\setupdd.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\setupldr.bin SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\setupreg.hiv SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sfloppy.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sisraid.cat SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sisraid4.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sisraid4.pdb SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sisraid4.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sisraid4.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sparrow.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\spcmdcon.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\spddlang.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sym_hi.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\sym_u3.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\symc810.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\symc8xx.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\symmpi.inf SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\symmpi.sys SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\symmpi.x86 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\tffsport.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\toside.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\txtsetup.sif SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ultra.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\usbccgp.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\usbd.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\usbehci.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\usbhub.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\usbohci.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\usbport.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\usbstor.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\usbuhci.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\vga.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\vgaoem.fo_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\viaide.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\videoprt.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\winnt.sif SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\wmilib.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\SYSTEM32  COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\SYSTEM32\smss.exe SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\SYSTEM32)

4: Edit the main HFSLIP***.cmd find the line in the file that has "TITLE %T1% - Slipstreaming Complete" and put BEFORE the "CLS" above it the line "IF EXIST BRAKSLIP\BRAKBOOT.CMD CALL BRAKSLIP\BRAKBOOT.CMD". That section of the HFSLIP***.cmd should end up looking like this:

CALL :ERRORREPORTIF NOT "%NOLOGCOPY%"=="1" COPY HFSLIP.LOG SOURCESS >NULCALL :MAKEISOIF EXIST BRAKSLIP\BRAKSLIP.CMD CALL BRAKSLIP\BRAKSLIP.CMDCLSTITLE %T1% - Slipstreaming CompleteECHO.&ECHO All hotfixes integrated into a folder called SOURCESS.ECHO.&ECHO Remember to reboot your machine after installingECHO from the SOURCESS folder.echo.&echo *******HFSLIP is for PERSONAL use******  echo.&echo If you like HFSLIP, do not forget to donate.  CALL :TIMECALC&PAUSE&EXIT

And that's it. Now to use it either put the value for MBOOTPATH in the HFANSWER.INI file, or type it when prompted by the main script.

And again, only give the 4-character folder name - no slashes despite the fact that the main script directs you to do so.

Edited by JayMan

You should probably add code to strip any slashes from MBOOTPATH prior to the [ IF NOT "%MBOOTPATH%"=="Default" ] statement and use that in a local variable in your code instead of MBOOTPATH.  That way it should work regardless if the user includes slashes or not.  Just a thought.

And isn't there some way to do all of your

COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\system32 SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%
COPY SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\wmilib.sy_ SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%

without having to list each individual file hard coded in your code? If it can't be done via a DIR with maybe some IF statements in a FOR loop, then at least it could be done by listing all the files you want copied in a .txt file and read it and do the copy in a FOR loop. I'm just trying to think of ways to simplify/generalize the code and make it easier to modify and maintain.  And for that matter, I guess I'm not clear why all those files need to be in both SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\I386\ and SOURCESS\%MBOOTPATH%\.

And, just for my own understanding, would you please explain, in plain words, what the two steps of patching SETUPLDR.BIN and BOOT.BIN are doing? TIA

NOTE:  If it's not obvious, it's been awhile since I've used HFSLIP.  Sorry for the noob questions. :)

Cheers and Regards

I am failing to see the actual need to do the splitting and rejoining of the files. :unsure:

IF (as I understand it) you do all that work to just replace a few bytes in the files, as posted in number #14 gsar or hexalter are much easier, faster and need not temporary files. 

jaclaz

without having to list each individual file hard coded in your code?

Yes, this is possile.

Actually there are predefined names ntdetect.com, setupldr.bin, txtsetup.sif and folder I386. win51* is referenced in txtsetup.sif.

Another approach: configure BootPath and do not copy further boot files.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/142221-multiboot-dvd-boot-folders-error/#entry911471

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/126480-windows-xp-professional-x64-sp2-in-multiboot-dvd/#entry814566

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/126480-windows-xp-professional-x64-sp2-in-multiboot-dvd/#entry893775

Either copy files

.\XP32\I386\*

.\XP32\NTDETECT.COM

.\XP32\SETUPLDR.BIN

.\XP32\TXTSETUP.SIF

Or rename files at I386 folder. Hexedit setupldr.bin according.

.\XP32\I386\*

.\XP32\I386\XP_.COM

.\XP32\I386\XP_.BIN

.\XP32\I386\XP_.SIF

to just replace a few bytes in the files, as posted in number #14 gsar or hexalter are much easier

Yes, that's true.

The links refers a gsar example and a grub4dos example.