bigmuscle

So if anyone doesn't want to pay for StartIsBack, they can use Classic Shell which is 100% free and frequently updated. It has the ability to enable the taskbar blur as well.

Here's a video of me demonstrating it. http://tinypic.com/r/ilxh7o/8

Classic Shell: www.classicshell.net

Thanks for the info.

I really prefere to keep the default Win8.1 start menu, is there any way to perform the change of taskbar color without an independant  tool ?

I end up getting PayPal to work and I had donated for 6 keys which keep me going for few computer upgrades. It works excellent on Windows 8.1 update 1. Thanks for this. I seen on other msfn forums about people complaining having to pay to get rid of nags. Which you got all rights to charge for your work. I keep donating when I used all my keys up. Keep up the good work :)

Definitivaly agree, Bigmuscle should count how many hours he has worked on that. This must has a price.

Will there be one day hope to have one license for multiple computers ?

I end up getting PayPal to work and I had donated for 6 keys which keep me going for few computer upgrades. It works excellent on Windows 8.1 update 1. Thanks for this. I seen on other msfn forums about people complaining having to pay to get rid of nags. Which you got all rights to charge for your work. I keep donating when I used all my keys up. Keep up the good work :)

Definitivaly agree, Bigmuscle should count how many hours he has worked on that. This must has a price.

Will there be one day hope to have one license for multiple computers ?

1 key license does 1 computer only. You have to donate enough to get keys for each computers you have

Big Muscle,

Is there something you could do about the Taskbar Blur which is a disaster compare to yours ?

Screenshot attached.

L6MJCzv.png

Thanks.

Edited by gontie

Bigmuscle i am puzzled as to why you haven't made a stand alone tool for taskbar blur ???. :unsure:

You have made UxThemeSignatureBypass after all, for Theme check Bypass, which works well. :thumbup

I think you are more than qualified to make a stand alone taskbar blur tool, i am puzzled, is there some reason why you have not ???. :angel

Thank You for DWMGlass.dll and UxThemeSignatureBypass.dlls, they are excellent products, i am sure if you made a stand alone taskbar blur tool it would be excellent as well. :thumbup

Friends tell me how key to insert which were sent after donations

Take the key file that you generated, save it to the directory with all the aero glass files, make sure its named donation.key, restart aero glass, it will detect it, and do what it does, enjoy.

Big Muscle,

Is there something you could do about the Taskbar Blur which is a disaster compare to yours ?

Screenshot attached.

L6MJCzv.png

Thanks.

I think your blur looks just fine.  Compare to mine in Windows 8.1 !

https://mega.co.nz/#!FYxkHTCR

Nothing wrong as I see with with those 2 taskbars.

On the above part your have the real Aero Blur of Big muscle, below your have the tool Opaque taskbar doing the job.

Take the same wallpaper and compare how the taskbar will react on Win7, you will see that Opaque Taskbar is very far to  be close. 

If we really want something similar as WIn7, the taskbar transparency muss be the same as used in the Windows.
Edited by gontie

Gontie, I think you are too fussy.

There are some other greater losses of functionality than a bit of blur.

Keep expectations real man. The path we seem to being herded along by 'them' , has in cured far more damages than we ever expected.

Why does every android update break VLC player on my Nexus 7 for example. Why has it had 4 different clock fonts in even fewer years? I don't remember asking for it to be changed.

There are probably no less than 72 different new ways to 'share' a photo online, yet I've been emailing them directly to friends for at least 14 years no problem. I'd expect there at are least a similar number of ways to screw me with new DRM rubbish, sorry 'features'  too...

I guess it really is easier to remove legacy code in the name of efficiency, when the truth is most of us now finally have more computing power than any time in history....  yup, even 'those' places have computers now. Wow eh?! , but let's remove the legacy of control... nobody actually wants to change the default settings anyway really, and tech support will have a far easier time if you didn't find the chance to f**k about too much with the color or useless theme settings that confuse everything.

There is a precedent here, and it will get worse. Those praying for a better life should pull out the power cord.

Keep expectations real man. The path we seem to being herded along by 'them' , has in cured far more damages than we ever expected.

Why does every android update break VLC player on my Nexus 7 for example. Why has it had 4 different clock fonts in even fewer years? I don't remember asking for it to be changed.

There are probably no less than 72 different new ways to 'share' a photo online, yet I've been emailing them directly to friends for at least 14 years no problem. I'd expect there at are least a similar number of ways to screw me with new DRM rubbish, sorry 'features'  too...

I guess it really is easier to remove legacy code in the name of efficiency, when the truth is most of us now finally have more computing power than any time in history....  yup, even 'those' places have computers now. Wow eh?! , but let's remove the legacy of control... nobody actually wants to change the default settings anyway really, and tech support will have a far easier time if you didn't find the chance to f**k about too much with the color or useless theme settings that confuse everything.

There is a precedent here, and it will get worse. Those praying for a better life should pull out the power cord.

I agree. If you want to see totally boring, try running Server 2012 RC2. DWM is just about non-existent. Just a flat boring grey theme (if you want to call it a theme). It does not have themes, not even wallpaper. But then again, running a server is all about business, no distractions.

Even though changes are made from time to time, I will go out on a limb here and say that Bigmuscle, Tihiy, and others enjoy the challenges to keep their programs running. Challenges are what keep you going and the mind sharp.

I do not play with Linux much these days, and I do not have an Apple (just a couple friends who do), but try to get some nice effects there. Linux has some, but I think Apple is pretty much a no-go.

Even at 65, I can't wait for Windows 9 to come out and see what changes and challenges it brings (FYI, the odd numbered versions are usually the best...ever notice that?).

Sorry, but my english is not so good to understand "so fussy" and some other part of your post.

Doesn't it seems to be normal to report something which not beeing totally similar to Windows 7 transparency ?

I think we are all missing it and do contribute one or other way to improve that software.

Sorry, but my english is not so good to understand "so fussy" and some other part of your post.

Doesn't it seems to be normal to report something which not beeing totally similar to Windows 7 transparency ?

I think we are all missing it and do contribute one or other way to improve that software.

Your English is good enough. Your point is understood. Fussy means picky.

As far as the taskbar, the forum  makes mention of how to achieve degrees of blur to full transparency, especially with the use of StartIsBack, which I use. See my attached pic of taskbar.

The added benefit is getting the start menu back and then some, just like Windows 7.

Hope this helps

Edited by Wolfshadow