bigmuscle

bigmuscle, i found a way to get the blur back in the taskbar in windows 8.1 update 1. i use startisback, and what i have found is that when you disable taskbar transparency in startisback config, the taskbar blurs just like the windows. don't know if it's a reg setting or what, but i thought it might be helpful. i am using the debug version of dwmglass.dll

Same seen here, that works the same as setting the task bar to opaque using the winaero tool

bigmuscle, i found a way to get the blur back in the taskbar in windows 8.1 update 1. i use startisback, and what i have found is that when you disable taskbar transparency in startisback config, the taskbar blurs just like the windows. don't know if it's a reg setting or what, but i thought it might be helpful. i am using the debug version of dwmglass.dll

This is nothing new. I'm saying this from the beginning. You just need to alter one flag to enable blur on any window (including taskbar etc.). The another hack is to rename your theme file to aerolite.msstyles.

This is nothing new. I'm saying this from the beginning. You just need to alter one flag to enable blur on any window (including taskbar etc.). The another hack is to rename your theme file to aerolite.msstyles.

Can Blur flag WORK from batch OR vbs file ?

I want to thank the developer of Aero Glass for this nice effort. Fact is: without it I would NOT have used Windows 8. I may be peculiar, but I really sincerely dislike the Win8 look without glass and glow -- enough to refuse to use it actually.

But now - thanks to Aero Glass - I enjoy Windows 8!  :yes:

I made a contribution, and I encourage others to do the same: buy the guy a nice lunch to thank him for resolving Microsoft's strange stand in this matter - to force an ugly UI on paying customers! Glass and glow worked fine in Win7 and should OF COURSE be a choice for paying customers - NOT some boss inside Microsoft !!

Thanks for correcting this, BigMuscle! Take care, and may the source be with you.  :yes:

Totally agree, without Bigmuscle, i don't think i'll ever pass to Windows 8/8.1

What is missing me in 8.1 is the blur on the taskbar.

With this feature and the final version, i will also pay for the fabulous work of Big Muscle.

The fun part is that aero of WIndows 7 is much more heavier than Big muscle DWM on Win8.1

Can Blur flag WORK from batch OR vbs file ?

I'm not aware of any command, however I don't say it is not possible. You just need to call this function: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa969508%28v=vs.85%29.aspx where you enable the blur in DWM_BLURBEHIND structure. It will cause fully opaque window without Aero Glass and fully glass window with Aero Glass.

Or you can use Opaque Taskbar from Winaero.com.

Indeed a good idea.

Is there any way to a** some transparency to this blur ? I am really looking for a similar effect as Windows 7.

Thanks.

Indeed a good idea.

Is there any way to a** some transparency to this blur ? I am really looking for a similar effect as Windows 7.

Thanks.

Blurred Taskbar when using Aero Glass for Win8.1 without ANY 3rd PARTY TOOLS:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/page-19#entry1067659

OR

StartIsBack:

http://startisback.com/#download-tab

OR

Taskbar Blur Toggle 0.2.0:

http://dblake1.deviantart.com/art/Taskbar-Blur-Toggle-0-2-0-412358153

They will give you Blur and Transparency also when using Aero Glass for Win8.1.

NOTES:

Taskbar Blur Toggle 0.2.0 WORKS WELL WITH aerolite HACK.

Opaque Taskbar DOES NOT WORK WITH aerolite HACK, IT MAKES THE TASKBAR BLACK.

Edited by ace2

Aero Glass for Win8.1 Spring2014 Update DEBUG version was working GREAT with my Windows 8.1 update 1!

until this morning..

there was a Windows update automatically installed,

and now no joy..

anyone else  experiencing the above?

what can i do to re activate Aero Glass again?

Please help!

ff

Desperate plea for help:

My laptop automatically updated itself to windows 8.1, and now upon boot up an "incompatibility issue: dwm incompatible. Do you want to retry symbols downloading?"

However, no matter how many times I press the retry or cancel button, my screen continues to flash and when I attempt to login I am immediately kicked out to the login screen.

What should I do in this case? Thank you.

Edit note: I only have about four seconds better being kicked out of desktop, so not nearly enough time to implement whatever solutions have been presented already.

Edited by Mischte

Aero Glass for Win8.1 Spring2014 Update DEBUG version was working GREAT with my Windows 8.1 update 1!

until this morning..

there was a Windows update automatically installed,

and now no joy..

anyone else  experiencing the above?

what can i do to re activate Aero Glass again?

Please help!

ff

What system architecture do you use? I have tried x64, no new updates are present and Aero Glass still works even without the need to download the symbols.

Edit note: I only have about four seconds better being kicked out of desktop, so not nearly enough time to implement whatever solutions have been presented already.

WHICH *whatever solutions*?

Holding down CTRL key:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/page-46#entry1075637

should work fine, 4 second or not.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

WHICH *whatever solutions*?

Holding down CTRL key:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/page-46#entry1075637

should work fine, 4 second or not.

jaclaz

I've tried holding down the ctrl key but the same issue still presents itself. I've also tried pressing f8 for safe mode but that doesn't work either. Edited by Mischte

Hi I cant run aerohost.exe.

Debug log:[2014-05-05 18:23:39][0x1420:0xDDC] Installing DWM hook...

[2014-05-05 18:23:39][0x1420:0xDDC] User: Vladimir
[2014-05-05 18:23:39][0x1420:0xDDC] Account error: 122 - The data area passed to a system call is too small.