bigmuscle

gontie

The point IS Windows 8/8.1 does not provide aero glass/blur for Title bars/Frames OR Taskbar by default. :lol:

Bigmuscle provide aero glass/blur for Windows 8/8.1 Title bars/Frames, and it has nothing to do with windows 7. ;)

Bigmuscle does not provide aero glass/blur for Windows 8.1 Taskbar, I AM puzzled BY THIS AS WELL, AS HE IS more than qualified to provide Taskbar blur / MAKE Standalone Configuration Tool. :unsure:

Although a one app does it all approach is nice, you have to consider a few things.

All of theses small programs use a minimalist impact on performance. It could all be very well to use one program, but then it starts to become bloatware like so many other programs, and starts effecting performance.

Next, Bigmuscle and Tihiy already have their respective areas of development. Why re-invent the wheel. They could join and combine their products, but then would have to find the time to do that, etc. It could be a matter of not stepping on toes as well.

Then there's the problem of Microsoft discretely (or not) changing things from time to time. It is easier to keep up with those if you are working with only certain areas.

Lastly, I believe Bigmuscle has not joined the fray here on this issue is simply that, as stated earlier, he did have a way of doing it, but took it out because it had issues with the program as a whole. He wants to concentrate on the desktop and make it as efficient as possible without dealing with another section of windows. I am sure that the Fall 2014 release is going to give Tihiy headaches with his program, so why would Bigmuscle want to deal with it as well. 

Sad, because Opaque Taskbar or Taskbar Blur has not a lot left to have something closer to the real Aero effect.

Of all the software i have tested, currently, Startisback is giving the best closer taskbar transparency effect.

Wolfshadow

At the end of the day there is no one more  qualified than Bigmuscle to make blur work with DWMGlass.dll, as he is the only one who really know how DWMGlass.dll works, and i am sure he can make a much better TaskbarBlurToggle OR Opaque Taskbar to work with DWMGlass.dll, as he seems more skilled than the creators of these tools.

NOTES:

TaskbarBlurToggle is NOT for windows 8/8.1, IT was meant for Windows 7 to turn OFF blur.

Opaque Taskbar was NOT meant for blur, it was meant for solid color on Taskbar.

StartIsBack was NOT meant for blur, it was meant for Start Menu with a Built in Configuration to disable Transparency.

Wolfshadow

At the end of the day there is no one more  qualified than Bigmuscle to make blur work with DWMGlass.dll, as he is the only one who really know how DWMGlass.dll works, and i am sure he can make a much better TaskbarBlurToggle OR Opaque Taskbar to work with DWMGlass.dll, as he seems more skilled than the creators of these tools.

NOTES:

TaskbarBlurToggle is NOT for windows 8/8.1, IT was meant for Windows 7 to turn OFF blur.

StartIsBack was NOT meant for blur, it was meant for Start Menu with a Built in Configuration to disable Transparency.

Classic shell + Winaero Skin 2.0 for Classic Shell has been made for Windows 8/8.1.

I just found out that it also give some good results, better than Opaque Taskbar and TaskbarBlurToggle.

and MS decided that the blur of the taskbar is handled slightly differently than the blur of the app windows.

It's not correct. Actually, the taskbar is handled in the same way as any other window.

Bigmuscle provide aero glass/blur for Windows 8/8.1 Title bars/Frames, and it has nothing to do with windows 7. ;)

I don't provide the blur effect for title bars/frames explicitly. It is implemented to blur anything which is marked to be the glass region. The only difference from Win7 is that Win7 switches the glass region's transparency according to the user settings. In Win8, the transparency of glass regions is always off. My implementation changes itg to be always on.

DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow API function changes the region into the glass. Because the underlined fact above, such region becomes fully opaque on Win8 (w/o my Aero Glass) and it is also the reason why most of the utilities has it called "Disable transparency" although it calls the function to enable blur.

I added the basic info about blurring the taskbar into the website guide.

Wolfshadow

NOTES:

Classic shell + Winaero Skin 2.0 for Classic Shell has been made for Windows 8/8.1.

I just found out that it also give some good results, better than Opaque Taskbar and TaskbarBlurToggle.

gontie

I am using Aerolite HACK, which i discovered. :w00t:

Edited by ace2

Wolfshadow

NOTES:

gontie

I am using Aerolite HACK, which i discovered. :w00t:

Do you have a link ?

TaskBar with Blur Using Aerolite HACK:

http://s30.postimg.org/7vmt5m4q9/Taskbar.jpg

Edited by ace2

Just did the aerolite trick on the Ribbon 8.1 VS from dA and it worked perfect. So easy too LOL. Got blur back and its got some color to it because of my background.

Aerolite HACK, will keep and use any color used by/for the theme, on Taskbar as well. ;)

Ribbon VS for Windows 8.1.1 Pic:

http://s15.postimg.org/b5hbia7zv/Ribbon_VS_for_Windows_8_1_1.jpg

Settings:

[VisualStyles]Path=C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Ribbon\aerolite.msstylesColorStyle=NormalColorSize=NormalSizeAutoColorization=0ColorizationColor=0XAFF6C34AVisualStyleVersion=10

Ribbon VS for Windows 8.1.1 Pic2:

http://s17.postimg.org/6u71sk5wv/Color_1.jpg

Settings:

ColorizationColor=0XC48F8F8F
Edited by ace2

dhjohns

Opaque Taskbar works well with DWMGlass.dll.

But Opaque Taskbar Give Black Taskbar when not using DWMGlass.dll with Aerolite HACK. :crazy:

TaskbarBlurToggle works well with DWMGlass.dll.

And TaskbarBlurToggle Give Clear Glass Taskbar when not using DWMGlass.dll with Aerolite HACK. :thumbup

WinSet Transparent (Discovered By Me) works well with Aerolite HACK (Discovered By Me), Give Full Clear Glass On Theme and Taskbar But No Blur, without DWMGlass.dll. :thumbup

WinSet Transparent Pic and NO DMWGlass.dll Used:

http://s9.postimg.org/k2fptz8vz/Win_Set_Transparent.jpg

Edited by ace2