bigmuscle

Chances are it will once the symbols are published.  But certainly Microsoft isn't going to publish symbols for a leaked build.

And if 9888 has been leaked now, since the next pre-release build will be coming out in 2015, I'd be willing to bet it won't be 9888.

-Noel

Noel, check out my theme atlas in that thread for a glow that is both white and dark at the same time depending on what's behind it.

Edit: Link to PSD if it helps

Gray - good idea.

Seems to me with the right settings Big Muscle's software can be set to make a glow programmatically as well, though I don't choose to do it that way.

-Noel

When I install Aero 1.3.1 on Windows 10 Build 9888. I get that error message as seen on the screenshot but when I click Cancel the aero glass works. But it takes a while from startup for that message to appear

Sorry to say it, but I don't want any ace's guides here, because they are one big s*it. Every while, there is some user with unsolvable problem which was created just because he applied some of those stupid scripts. Also his guide does not restore Aero Glass effect, maybe it is blurry but it totally bugs your system, because it uses very old preview for Win8.1 which was designed only to make screenshots and it does not implement the effect properly - no occlusion hints, no glass safety zones, everything is rendered twice etc.

Sorry to say it, but I don't want any ace's guides here, because they are one big s*it. Every while, there is some user with unsolvable problem which was created just because he applied some of those stupid scripts. Also his guide does not restore Aero Glass effect, maybe it is blurry but it totally bugs your system, because it uses very old preview for Win8.1 which was designed only to make screenshots and it does not implement the effect properly - no occlusion hints, no glass safety zones, everything is rendered twice etc.

Thanks for that info. Now I know why it never looks good as your aero glass. I removed all the links I had to ace's guides. :)

Edited by daveo76

And RTM build will be 10000:

* Windows 10 - NT version 10.0.10000

* 9200 (Win8) + 400 = 9600 (Win8.1) + 400 = 10000

:whistle:

That gave me a certain warm fuzzy feeling, believe it or not...  They only have 121 more builds to try to screw things up.  I've already proven it can be configured/augmented into something useful.

It's depressing in another way, because it implies they won't be doing much more to it, and it's really not even worthy of an 8.2 version label, no matter what their Marketing people say.

what build was 7?

Win 7 x64 Ultimate SP1, fully updated, right now is 6.1.7601.  Programs like ntoskrnl.exe show 6.1.7601.18409.

By the way, the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion] key contains as much as you'll ever want to know about system identification...

CurrentVersion.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I see with version 1.3.1 the license.key file that has to be dropped in the Aeroglass folder has changed to donation.key - never noticed and couldn't figure why I couldn't get rid of the watermark...now I know.

If this was mentioned previously, forgive me, but thought this might help others using donations.

Edited by Ex_Brit