bigmuscle

check debug.log, it should provide error code when reflection is not properly loaded

P.S. I just found a bug that custom reflection won't load under some conditions and it will always use the default image

Edited by bigmuscle

CKyHC, you won't get the much in the way of rounded corners with just a theme atlas, but the theme atlas I dolled-up doesn't look too bad in daily use. My buttons look flatter and some don't like the dark minimize and restore buttons, but I think they step out of the way nicely and give the taskbar a nice clean look when used with a dark background.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/themeatlas.png

I also use some registry tweaks to make the chrome around Windows smaller overall. Note the SetWindowMetrics.reg file in this .zip file, which I normally supply with my Windows 8 book:

http://www.ProDigitalSoftware.com/files/W8ToWork/CompanionTools.zip

AGW81DLHWI.png

-Noel

I use square variant of theme, but i make my own style using xXiNightXx theme and add glowing caption battons from theme MrGRiM01

post-374187-0-33534700-1390759356_thumb.

I can't load custom atlas. I have symbols.

[2014-01-26 19:56:27][0x1B84:0xCBC] Atlas resource loading (custom: "C:\Users\srki7_000\Desktop\win8rp.png")
[2014-01-26 19:56:27][0x1B84:0xCBC] Failed to load custom atlas file (0x7B)
EDIT: I looked up for error code and found it here. It means that name syntax is incorrect. Probably because there's _ in my username. I copied file to different folder and it works now.
Edited by srka

Amen, Brother (was commenting on a post early in the thread about how we give thanks for a beautiful desktop - the Quote balloon on this site is still not right with IE11).

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

You only donate once then you go to the donate page on his site, put in the email used, the machine code for the one you're trying to setup and then the zip. Then download the donation key. You dont pay for each PC. I donated once and use it on 2 PCs.

check debug.log, it should provide error code when reflection is not properly loaded

P.S. I just found a bug that custom reflection won't load under some conditions and it will always use the default image

What conditions are you talking about? Its not loading for me either, and I don't get any errors in debug.log

Thanks, just to confirm I get no error in debug.log:

[2014-01-27 06:18:29][0x670:0x674] Installing DWM hook...

[2014-01-27 06:18:29][0x670:0x674] Module: C:\AeroGlass\dwmglass.dll

[2014-01-27 06:18:29][0x1E4:0xD94] Donation key loaded

[2014-01-27 06:18:29][0x1E4:0xD94] Machine ID: [snipped]

Ptd163, what is your Windows version? Ideally (BigMuscle has asked above) what is the specific version info for dwmcore.dll and udwm.dll in your System32 directory? You can get that info by right-clicking on them (individually) and choosing Properties, then clicking the Details tab.

Good things are coming, folks. Give BigMuscle a little time to organize everything and get another release out.

-Noel

It was a empty, fresh Windows 8.1 Pro VM so I'm guessing it's whatever the factory default version is. I'll check the properties though next I power it on.

Edit: It worked fine no problem on a physical drive that had 8.1 installed. I see it has a watermark in the lower right of the screen. Does that get removed with the paid version?

Edited by ptd163

I can't get disable logging working.

A (very) few things are always logged.

But if you're still seeing all the details, have you tried restarting your system after making the change to the registry?

-Noel

It was a empty, fresh Windows 8.1 Pro VM so I'm guessing it's whatever the factory default version is.

That might be problem, because I created DWM patterns for DLLs version that was current at the time of the release.

I see it has a watermark in the lower right of the screen. Does that get removed with the paid version?

Yes, it does.

Hello

I have just installed windows AeroGlass in 64bit 8.1

but it does not work and dwm.exe aerohost.exe are present in the task manager but no transparency, I added the registry key HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ DWM but not always the same transparency manually

I also enabled AppInit_DLLs C: \ AeroGlass \ DWMGlass.dll

LoadAppInit_DLL = 1

and created RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs = 0

I forgot some thing?

thank you for your help