bigmuscle

@Rosen88

Let me understand this.

You followed TO THE LETTER the set of instructions that ace2 kindly posted here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/page-37#entry1073548

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-16#entry1058721

which worked for several users, including kupapiachu,raiden89, dhjohns:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/?p=1073684

(same exact info, updated), Soukyuu:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/?p=1074635

sberdes, and most probably a large number of other peeps that didn't post here, and it fails for you?

WHAT is (EXACTLY) the error you get?

jaclaz

ahh f***ing forum cant upload image to see...

but I followed your instructions, debug symbols and etc s***s.

result is Your DWM is incompatible with aero glass

YOU NEED

Win8.1 v1.2.1

installer 32-bit + 64-bit Windows

http://glass8.berlios.de/download.html

READ Post #383:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-16#entry1058721

IMPORTANT Regedit Setup: IS NOT NEEDED WHEN USING aerohost.exe OR installer 32-bit + 64-bit Windows

HOW:

1.Install sdk, then use symbols.cmd to DOWNLOAD symbols.

2.Use installer 32-bit + 64-bit Windows (Win8.1 v1.2.1)

DON'T Install glass shiny atlas resource

Restart PC

NOTES:

When using installer 32-bit + 64-bit Windows, DON'T Install glass shiny atlas resource, IT'S for Default Themes.

USE THIS CMD IF USING Windows 8.1 32bit / x86 IN symbols.cmd

CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Debuggers\x86
Edited by ace2

@ace2--

I installed glass shiny atlas resource with no problems. I actually have three different .png files I can choose. I also use the AeroGlassGUI.exe, and am able to add color to windows labels, and do other stuff like adjust blur, etc.

@ace2--

I installed glass shiny atlas resource with no problems. I actually have three different .png files I can choose. I also use the AeroGlassGUI.exe, and am able to add color to windows labels, and do other stuff like adjust blur, etc.

glass shiny atlas resource works great with Default theme, But does not work well at all with custom themes. ;)

Just for clarification - I read every message which I received but I am very busy and not have much time to answer them immediately. Sometimes it takes one day, sometimes more days, there are even messages older more then a week which I didn't managed to respond to them yet. I'm trying to solve any problem but if and only if I have time. Simple... if someone thinks that I will sit here for 24 hours per day and will respond to any message immediately and if I don't respond to him, he starts making a scene, then yes, I will not hurry with answering him.

Can you clarify (when you get a chance) does your hardware binding algorithm look at the serial number of the HD(s) or a piece of information that can potentially change simply by re-formatting or re-partitioning said physical drive?

Chris123NT: it takes serial number of HDD/SSD. It's information which is fixed and does not change with reinstall nor low level format. I guess, there can be a problem that driver rejects serial number retrieving but I believe that it would return empty string (or some special pattern) then. If empty string is returned, I can simply read it from machine code. But this situation have appeared just for one or two users up to now. The other users, who reported machine code change after reinstall, provided totally different machine code. Thus there are two possible cases - they changed their hardware and trying to play out the reinstall only or there is some other problem which is not known to me. But I don't believe that it would return completely different HDD/SSD serial number between reinstall. But if it does, I would like to see exact serial number returned before and after reinstallation. This would help fixing the potential problem.

Aero Glass is fully working on Windows 8.1 Update 1 -> fully s***s..

I have updated to 8.1 Update 1, and still crashing my system with "glass8 is not compatible with your DWM version" or something like that....

Why you still lie peoples ?!

Your problem is simple: It has "nice, smart person" detector and will only work for them.

ForSkeptics.png

-Noel

Hi all,

There is always going to be people who are having problems.
I have a Dell XPS15, i7 cpu, 2 gig NVidia, 8 gig memory, 750 hybrid Seagate drive.

I generated my key when I had windows 8. Since then I have upgraded with a full, clean install of 8.1. Still did not have problems.

Then updated with the official Spring update. I received the console window ONCE. Closed it and have had no problems since. And the symbols downloaded fine

Through all this, I have had OldNewExplorer 1.07, AeroGlass 1.2.1 64bit, StartIsBack 1.60 and use UXStyle for * and above. As you can see by my previous posting, I have a nice Office2010 RC theme running. AND I do not have any other tweaks going on except for disablebattery is '0' so I can have glass when on battery power.

My experience with computers goes back to my 286 days, and since, I have fixed and repaired hundreds of computers and problems along the way. I also have college for web management, programing and design.

If a few bucks is a killer for you because 'it doesn't work', then get off the forum, head over to Stardock and plunk down some serious money for Windowblinds and Start8. They work outside of the DWM so if you have problems, call Stardock and see what they say.

There are way too many people having success to say it is something wrong with AeroGlass.

There, I said my piece. :o

Edited by Wolfshadow

Working fine here on 8.1. Every now and then I do get a warning about the DMW at start-up, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong so I don't really know what's up with that.

The way I installed it was simply removing it first, installing the 8.1 update 1 update and then reinstalling it again.

Hi7UZ5I.jpg

@bigmuscle: Thank you! Your Aero Glass solution works beautifully on my Windows 8.1.1 64-bit.

Highly recommended to anybody who can't live with Windows 8 back-to-1995 style.

P.S. Could you look for my private message, please.

Help! or I'll nuts.

I'm still getting a random delay in aerohost initialization (5-30 sec) after every boot.

EnableLogging debug shows nothing except:

[2014-04-15 13:49:08][0x84C:0x850] Installing DWM hook...
[2014-04-15 13:49:09][0x84C:0x850] User: SYSTEM
[2014-04-15 13:49:10][0x84C:0x850] Module: D:\APPS\TOOLS\AERO\dwmglass.dll

I've checked permissions, scheduled task and symbols, and everything seems to be normal.

I've tried netplwiz (logon with and without password) but still that delay in loading is getting on my nerves.

What am I missing? Anyone?