bigmuscle

I'm referring to a folder located in C drive.

Tried that and same outcome remained. ( i know i did something wrong when downloading the new symbols)

Any idea what might be causing this to happen?

Read Post #383

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-16#entry1058721

NOTES:

Regedit Setup: IS NOT NEEDED IF you use aerohost.exe to run DWMGlass.dll_Aero Glass 1.2.1

What does the sdk do for me? I feel like the process can be complete without installation of the windows sdk.

So, no regedit is needed if I use aerohost.

Okay, I think I got that. lol

What does the sdk do for me? I feel like the process can be complete without installation of the windows sdk.

1.Install sdk, it will install file NEEDED to download symbols.

2.Then use symbols.cmd to DOWNLOAD symbols.

3.If using aerohost to load DWMGlass.dll, BEST to use installer 32-bit + 64-bit Windows.

4.Goto C:\AeroGlass folder and delete the CustomThemeAtlas.

Restart PC

NOTES:

When using installer 32-bit + 64-bit Windows, " " DON'T Install glass shiny atlas resource when using Custom Themes " " THEN STEP 4 IS NOT NEEDED.

Glass shiny atlas resource IS FOR Default Themes.

Edited by ace2

1.Install sdk, it will install file NEEDED to download symbols.

2.Then use symbols.cmd to DOWNLOAD symbols.

3.If using aerohost to load DWMGlass.dll, BEST to use installer 32-bit + 64-bit Windows.

4.Goto C:\AeroGlass folder and delete the CustomThemeAtlas.

Restart PC

THANK YOU.... :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Quick question: is there a way to extract the regular Windows 8.1 theme into a PNG that can be used for an Aero Glass-compatible theme?

This can be done with any resource editor by extracting STREAM resource from your .msstyles theme file. When importing it into AeroGlass, your system theme's STREAM must have exactly same layout else all graphics will be misaligned.

Thanks. Unzipped the .msstyle theme with 7zip, navigated to the directory, then extracted and renamed the first file to .PNG. Haven't tried it yet but it's definitely a different layout to the ones found on your site so I think it should work when I edit it.

OT, but the edit label on MSFN posts is a bit too strict I think. Even editing within the first few seconds after being posted it appends the 'Edited by' label, should be up to 1 minute to leave room for quick typo edits, etc.

Edited by Specular

i dont get it how to install the symbols for Win8.1U1 -.-

can pls someone explain me in an easy way?

ive installed AeroGlass1.2.1 and now i got allways the error: "Your DWM is incompatible with Aero Glass! Do you want to retry symbols downloading?"
it dont matter if i click "retry" or "cancel", i allways get the same error and cant use pc :/

k.r.
Rene

Until this weekend I had no problem with aero glass and I have donated months ago, before these convoluted donation pages.
This weekend I have reinstalled Windows on my computer and after that I noticed that my donation key would not work at all.

[2014-04-11 23:37:00][0x2FC:0xE14] Donation key error: 0x80090006

So I contacted bigmuscle via pm and guess what happened? He simply read the messages and would not answer at all, so just ignoring the problem.
I'm not the first with this thing, because there were others in this forum who had problems after upgrading or reinstalling Windows etc. so I wrote a pm to one of them and he said that he got ignored too.

So I would like to say thanks for nothing and for the others: draw the conclusion.

@bigmuscle
I'm still waiting for your answer with the solution, even if your site now says that we are eligible for nothing and have no rights at all, except sending money to you.

Edited by ferob