Hi,

same unsuccessful result.

I removed the first key location [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StartIsBack], created the second in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\StartIsBack], rebooted in safe mode, same result, StartIsBack is not loaded...

I'm running with the Administrator account, maybe this is why it is not working in safe mode.. It work well in normal mode too..

Edited by wmaniac

StartIsBack+ 1.5 Final

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupRC.exe

Not updated on website yet!

- Fixed: Windows 8.1 system bug.

When 'Let me set a different input method for each app window' is enabled, searching via start menu or file explorer window makes input language vanish from the system until reboot.

- Fixed: program didn't work in safe mode even when enabled :o

Congratulations Tyhiy, you have done a tremendous job, I was wondering if it wasn't too late for you to update the start menu style I did for you, I have an updated version of it I released a while ago but it's part of a full msstyles, if you like I can update the lite msstyles you did and email it too you.

thanks Tihiy , finally it reach final version. :thumbup

the next is update the group policy :D

Group policy has been updated.

Well I went ahead and made an updated Aero 8 style anyway, here is how the new style looks.

s7urmc67hj8qtqifg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hbmra78b7bazaax/Aero%208.zip

Seems a bit too white-ish for me. What others think?

Has anyone seen a pause/delay when clicking the SIB+ 1.05 button for the first time in a session, or the first time in a while (sorry I can't be more precise)? I am, and I don't recall seeing it before a few weeks ago (I've been on 8.1 for a few months). It's almost as if it's thinking about something for 7 or 8 seconds. It's then instantaneous on subsequent presses, but some hours later it'll go back to first-press slowness again.

Any chance for hot tracking for All programs link? It does not seem to read the color set for it.

HSA7KJx.png

It works fine, just add a text color to the following

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Programs List > Controls > More Programs Tab

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Programs List > Controls > More Programs Tab > Hot

thanks Tihiy , finally it reach final version. :thumbup

the next is update the group policy :D

Group policy has been updated.

Well I went ahead and made an updated Aero 8 style anyway, here is how the new style looks.

s7urmc67hj8qtqifg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hbmra78b7bazaax/Aero%208.zip

Seems a bit too white-ish for me. What others think?

Not sure why you think it's too whitish, I didn't change the overall style, it's got just as much white as the old one aside from the places list button and shutdown/logoff buttons, I made those a little lighter.

Has anyone seen a pause/delay when clicking the SIB+ 1.05 button for the first time in a session, or the first time in a while (sorry I can't be more precise)? I am, and I don't recall seeing it before a few weeks ago (I've been on 8.1 for a few months). It's almost as if it's thinking about something for 7 or 8 seconds. It's then instantaneous on subsequent presses, but some hours later it'll go back to first-press slowness again.

Responsiveness is improved in 1.5, although first time opening may be noticeable on some systems. What amount of RAM do you have?

Not sure why you think it's too whitish, I didn't change the overall style, it's got just as much white as the old one aside from the places list button and shutdown/logoff buttons, I made those a little lighter.

It's just unusal. I see you've tailored color to the gray like default SearchBox does. That makes bottom part of menu 'light' but some other elements seem to remain heavy. I'm just nitpicking ofc.

It's just unusal. I see you've tailored color to the gray like default SearchBox does. That makes bottom part of menu 'light' but some other elements seem to remain heavy. I'm just nitpicking ofc.
Yes you are correct, I decided that it was a better approach as the grey text is used in the default msstyles that this was a more unified look for the default style, the whole look of the default msstyles has very little bold lines, everything is lighter and the old style looked a bit out of place to me.