Sorry for the trouble. Nobody reported a problem so major, so I suspect some specific software incompatibility (AV/HIPS software, shell enhancements, security lockdown) or hardware issues. If you're unable to restore your system to the working condition, please write to the support email.

Edited by Tihiy

What's this outbreak?

Support email is there: http://startisback.com/#support-tab

If your experience desktop boot problems, press Ctrl-Alt-Del, start Task Manager, choose File - Run new task, type regedit.exe; from there delete the key

(on Windows 8.1)

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{61625667-893E-4707-B925-A82B528C00B8}\TreatAs

(on Windows 8)

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c71c41f1-ddad-42dc-a8fc-f5bfc61df957}\TreatAs

Edited by Tihiy

Instead of starting regedit, you can run directly this:

reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{61625667-893E-4707-B925-A82B528C00B8}\TreatAs
or

reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{c71c41f1-ddad-42dc-a8fc-f5bfc61df957}\TreatAs

Hello

On trying to install StartIsBack+ on a server 2012 R2 Session host server I can the error "This Version of StartIsBack is not intended for this Windows Version"

Any reasons why it's not supported providing the correct licenses are purchased?

Regards

Jez

SIB prices are gonna change to $2.99 (1PC) / $4.99 (2PC) / $9.99 (5PC).

That's a hefty price increase of up to 100% !

Previously, SIB had a price tag of $3 for 2 licenses and $5 for 5 licenses.

I intentionally waited to buy SIB til I had the time to upgrade my Windows 8 PCs to Windows 8.1 - but of course I didn't expected a price increase for SIB that is that hefty and came all of a sudden.

Are there any reasons for this?

Will there be a "Christmas-Special" or "New-Year-Special" promotion with the old pricing tags or a more atractive price level?

I would definitely appreciate that.

That's an argument... Then, the SIB price should be raised to e.g. 7,99 USD - because then the price would still be "just a bit over" Start8.

If you compare SIB with Start8, there are fundamental differences:

- Start8 comes from a company, SIB from a user. That causes a different price level.

- Start8 comes with support from a company, SIB has a lot of user-support (look at the entries in this and the other SIB threat), that the author does not have to pay for itself.

Come on, SIB was also so attractive _because_ of its lower price that Start8, its main competitor.

With a 100% price increase (that a HUGE one!) of Tihiy, that pro-SIB-argument is gone totally :(

With a 100% price increase (that a HUGE one!) of Tihiy, that pro-SIB-argument is gone totally :(

If we're talking about prices, then actually, it is 1¢ down. It's license price that matters.

I can throw a lot of pro arguments but you won't listen - you need a lower price :ph34r: Write me a letter.

- Start8 comes from a company, SIB from a user. That causes a different price level.

- Start8 comes with support from a company, SIB has a lot of user-support (look at the entries in this and the other SIB threat), that the author does not have to pay for itself.

Prices for software are mostly marketing. People pay $100 for additional birds in Angry Birds.

If you're comparing SIB vs Start8 support, compare this:

1) Number of posts with activation problems

2) Number of languages supported

3) Email support response time

>>If we're talking about prices, then actually, it is 1¢ down. It's license price that matters.

Nope, it's a 100% price increase - from 4,99 USD for 5 licenses to 9,99 USD for 5 licenses.

>> I can throw a lot of pro arguments but you won't listen - you need a lower price [:ph34r:] Write me a letter.

I did post my anger about this hefty price increase in the forum here already.

I did not want a lower price. The only thing I am asking for is that I would like to have the very same price you had until mid-November.

For me, nothing happend at that time that could serve as understandable argument for a 100% price increase.

As I suggested, a "Holiday-Sale" or a "Special Christmas Offer" that brings back the original pricing of Startisback for a limited time could be a welcome idea - I think not only for me but also for several other prospect customers :)

Just a short question, since someone else here compared SIB with Start8 (that wasn't me): Does Startisback+ have Jump List support?

In the feature list I could not find it there.