humanangle, if is it possible, find this crash in windows error reporting and upload files which contain crash dump.

Grope For Luna, you must be running some cleaner which aggressively deletes temporary directory or temporary directory is improperly configured. Make sure C:\Temp exists, has proper access rights and isn't corrupted somehow.

I did a system restore and it works now. I think it had something to do with Acronis True Image that I installed and uninstalled.

Tihiy do you think option to have StartScreen docked to a side can be made as an option in StartIsBack+ future version.

So that Desktop remain Prime work environment, and Start Screen can be docked to the left or the right side (resizable) and all apps from it open in that Docked side without interfering (opening full screen) ? that way user can run booth Environments same time.

E.g. Work in Word Document and have tiles on a side with News flipping, or have Twitter feed open etc.

(Probably have tiles more centred then the mock pic)

post-363698-0-10849200-1381734218_thumb.

so I just bought startisback+ and i have a small request how about the ability to rename Menu Entries such as renaming "This Pc" to My Computer

You can rename it directly in your win 8.1 explorer to whatever you want. Startisback+ reads the string from the OS.

Edited by paul70

Question and comment: Is Start is Back for Windows 8.1 a trial version or is it a full version until testing is completed? (the purchase option doesn't specify which version I am purchasing).

Also noticed a little bug with the All Programs menu set to 'Windows XP' mode, I can't drag and drop program shortcuts and pin them to the Taskbar. The only way to pin them to taskbar is to right click on the program and select pin to taskbar.

Great program btw. Appreciate all the work that's gone into it.

Sid

so I just bought startisback+ and i have a small request how about the ability to rename Menu Entries such as renaming "This Pc" to My Computer

You can rename it directly in your win 8.1 explorer to whatever you want. Startisback+ reads the string from the OS.

this doesn't work for "This Pc" as that is a shellname not a filepath

pretty sure its hardcoded in the shell32.dll I tried changing the name in the registry and all the shortcuts I could find in C:\ no go

Edited by Guardian452

Question and comment: Is Start is Back for Windows 8.1 a trial version or is it a full version until testing is completed? (the purchase option doesn't specify which version I am purchasing).

Also noticed a little bug with the All Programs menu set to 'Windows XP' mode, I can't drag and drop program shortcuts and pin them to the Taskbar. The only way to pin them to taskbar is to right click on the program and select pin to taskbar.

Sid

Hi! They're all trial versions, 30 day trial IIRC. Testing has completed and v1.0 of StartIsBack+ has been released! :)

Sid

Hi! They're all trial versions, 30 day trial IIRC. Testing has completed and v1.0 of StartIsBack+ has been released! :)

Great. Copy purchased. Thanks.

You can rename it from shell or in-place, however it stays 'This PC' in configurator. If that annoys you perhaps I could display new name in configurator too.

Tihiy do you think option to have StartScreen docked to a side can be made as an option in StartIsBack+ future version.

So that Desktop remain Prime work environment, and Start Screen can be docked to the left or the right side (resizable) and all apps from it open in that Docked side without interfering (opening full screen) ? that way user can run booth Environments same time.

E.g. Work in Word Document and have tiles on a side with News flipping, or have Twitter feed open etc.

That's a rich idea which is floating in the air, however Start screen on side is will have big usability issues due to its huge margins and inability to scroll horizontally.

this doesn't work for "This Pc" as that is a shellname not a filepath

pretty sure its hardcoded in the shell32.dll I tried changing the name in the registry and all the shortcuts I could find in C:\ no go

I dont know about you but i can just open my Start Menu and right click This PC and choose Rename, and that works great

Edited by maslow

That's a rich idea which is floating in the air, however Start screen on side is will have big usability issues due to its huge margins and inability to scroll horizontally.

What bout making Start Screen think its on a very Low Resolution display like 600px wide or even less 400px (This can be an option for HD screens only). So it only takes 400px from 1920px wide screen ?

Edited by Vlad2989

+1.0.1

Support for Win7 userpic animation tweaking (StartPanel_FadeDelay,StartPanel_FadeIn,StartPanel_FadeOut)
Some helper stuff: "startscreen.exe /search" and "startscreen.exe /searchapps"
Fixed configurator error on some rare PCs species

As a "best practice," is it advisable to uninstall SIB+ before (and reinstall after) big updates, such as the massive (230MB) "General Availability Update Rollup" update for 8.1? Or is there no way that SIB+ could cause problems for such things?

I guess using the "disable" feature is an option, though I haven't tested yet to see if that stays disabled after reboot.