Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

And about glitches... don't use native blur rendering.

Thanks for all the feedback.

About the artifacts, I am not using Native Blur. If there are some logs or system information I can provide, let me know. I'll help out as much as possible!

I would like to report that Dx10.1 (and therefore autodetect as well) works again with my HD 3000 chipset. It worked in 0.7 and now in 0.9, but not 0.8. Great progress!

I have not tried Swatches because I initially did not know what they were...heh

Edited by Gabe

Can somebody tell me if the demo popup is still in the latest v0.9? Thanks.

Worried about the popup uh? Instead of waiting the final version, if you are so interested, download it and report the bugs to help, you wh*re.

Edited by Tusticles

Well the taskbars have much more color than the windows (keep in mind I gave it minimum intensity) and I'd like to be able to have strong transparency with the automatic coloring, but I'd say it's looking pretty darn great. Great job BM!! :thumbup

Edited by hello2u

i have no idea whats happening in the background but 0.9 seems much quicker to me - the effects seem the same but sharper somehow

i keep tring to find a setting that will give me maximum aero and minimum colour on the taskbar with darker colours on the other aero areas but cannot - are the taskbar settings not independant in any way - would it be possible to have that

Well the taskbars have much more color than the windows (keep in mind I gave it minimum intensity) and I'd like to be able to have strong transparency with the automatic coloring, but I'd say it's looking pretty darn great. Great job BM!! :thumbup

Don't you have StartIsBack or something which alters taskbar transparency settings? If it is more colorized than it seems that accent has not been disabled for taskbar but my utility should disable it (or better, it forbids enabling it)

What is it? added to the registry but shows this error and there are no aero ....

My system is win 8 x64 pl

j538wl7him2v_t.jpgyn67ohf0jenv_t.jpg

Should read properly before asking:

--> you will be unable to change frame color if you don't use AeroGlass utility after importing this registry key

Should read properly before asking:

--> you will be unable to change frame color if you don't use AeroGlass utility after importing this registry key

ok now the question is why not have aero?

These files have all the same version, 6.2.9200.16384

dwm.exe

dwmapi.dll

dwmcore.dll

dwmredir.dll

Crash and debug files

Please, send me your dwmcore.dll in PM.

Check your PM, I've sent the file.

Fine, I find a small problem which can cause that glass can fail under certain versions of dwmcore.dll. The weird thing is that even you have same version 6.2.9200.16384, the file is different than mine. I'm working on a fix.

And about glitches... don't use native blur rendering.

I am not intending to make more discussion about this but since you advice was not to use Native Blur, and I was not using Native Blur, I just want to confirm that I do not have something crazy in my settings. I only ever used Native Blur to test it for at most 5 minutes when you introduced it.

So here is a screenshot showing the version of Aero Glass, the Registry keys and the Glitching in the title bar. I have some degree of control over where the glitch occurs so I put a little pattern into the test area. :)

Again, the glitch occurs a little distance outside the active window but is affected by the active window. Some people said it happens anywhere on the screen, but I have only ever seen the effect on inactive windows that are behind the active window I am currently moving.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn4cupfxatcz795/2013-05-05%2013.37.30.jpg

So if we can confirm that my settings themselves are/are not the cause of the glitching, I can continue providing feedback later on with the knowledge that my observations are not biased by an incorrect setup.

Edit: I just had Either(maybe both) DWM or Explorer crash and restart.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5shajmhdcsfu4t/crash%2005-May-2013.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4neq2p9htfkv9or/debug%2005-May-2013.log

Edited by drakenabarion

Version 0.9 works perfectly for me (save for very minor very occasional light artifacts on the blurred regions of other windows, somewhat away from the edge of an overlapping window, and which go away if you hover over a caption button.)

Looks beautiful (as 0.8 did). There is no difference that I can see (artifacts are the same).

Explorer and Wordpad still do not put a light blur behind window titles, though most other windows do.

Everything's nice and snappy, and changing content behind blurred title bars properly updates.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

drakenabarion: your settings seem to be correct, but could you provide your theme resource? Do the glitches appear always, i.e. anytime you drag one window over another or only when new window is opened over existing frame?

drakenabarion: your settings seem to be correct, but could you provide your theme resource? Do the glitches appear always, i.e. anytime you drag one window over another or only when new window is opened over existing frame?

Sure! Here is the resource:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2pgimb7sv5uaio/AlternateTransp.png

It does not seem to matter if the window is newly opened or if it has been opened awhile. However, newly opened windows do not always show the behaviour right away. It can take up to a minute for it to start causing glitches. But I am pretty certain every window does it eventually.

What I will do is try running for a bit without any loaded resource file and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Ok right after forcing DWM to reset after renaming "CustomThemeResource", the artifacts still happen, but are lighter in colour.

Certainly, AeroGlass performs well. I don't suggest resolving the artifacts to be made a high priority as I can deal with a few artifacts, while other work might be of greater priority. :)

Edited by drakenabarion