Trace why Windows 8 boots, shutsdown or hibernates slowly

MagicAndre1981

Thanks for replying, Andre. But now, I want to know if it is a bad idea when we don't let the hard disk sleep or rest at all! Will the disablement of the power reduce the durability of a hard disk? Power consumption is less important to me btw.

Aloha, I don't think so. It's more just to do with power savings, etc. I have had hard drives that have had powered up times of 3 or more years. These have never had any power saving enabled. They never failed I just replaced them as they filled up.

Cheers, Ben.

Hi Bentree,

Thank you for the answer. It's always good to know more about the hardware and take care of the hard drives. Mine came with the computer when I bought it 3 years ago. It's quite a long time so I am somewhat afraid that it will fail to work suddenly! I feel a little bit at ease now!

Ah, and I said the power consumption was not important in this case because it is a desktop I am using, not a laptop.

Andre,

Could you please take a look at the file

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9BACFEB6FD34B64E!6078&authkey=!AEH8qNydK2ejAzA&ithint=file%2c.zip

Installed the 8.1 WPT and cant read a thing with WPA.

<Edit> Specifically, Session init is delayed waiting on hardware that I can't identify.

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Edited by vicbyrd

It's a product called Trusteer Rapport. It's an authorization firewall that my bank requires for using their online services. I'll disable it and see what happens.

<Edit> I disabled it and UNinstalled it. Problem still persists - Shutdown and Boot - still slow.

Here's the link to the new trace: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9BACFEB6FD34B64E!6080&authkey=!AEUI5YjhR5qcpys&ithint=file%2c.zip

Thanks for your help!

Edited by vicbyrd

Disabling Intel Audio Driver (IntcDAud.sys) helped. Logitech HID driver (LHidEqd.sys) is my mouse driver so I didn't disable it. Event logs are no longer report degraded Shutdown but still getting degraded Boot event even though IsDegraded is false?

What graph in WPA are you looking at to see the delays (in case you would reveal the secrets to your magic).

Victor

• 2 weeks later...

you have a high CPU usage. You need to run this command to capture the CPU usage:

xbootmgr -trace boot -traceFlags BASE+LATENCY+DISPATCHER+FILE_IO+FILENAME+POWER -stackwalk profile+CSwitch+ReadyThread -resultPath C:\TEMP

And please, compress the file as 7z/RAR/zip to reduce the size!!!!!!!