Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

jumper

Kext: DIY KernelEx extensions

On 9/23/2019 at 12:36 AM, deomsh said:

Please read this:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/157173-kext-diy-kernelex-extensions/page/25/#comments

MSVCR70.DLL or MSVCR71.DLL should be used instead of MSVCRT.DLL too. Rename/ copy when still in MS-DOS (real mode) or use KnownDLLs in Registry (reboot needed). 

I should've asked years ago, but how do I manually add stubs? I know KernelEx serves as a compatibility layer and stubs out missing functions to allow Windows NT programs run on 9x, but I was never informed how I could try doing this myself.

While stubbing functions, am I required to place those missing files with something? I am aware certain programs linked by jumper will give us a live info of missing files and dependencies.

Where can I download those Kernel Extensions? Have it support for all languages?

Posted (edited)

A bit late but I am following now. First page https://msfn.org/board/topic/173302-kernelex-auxiliary-dll-updates/?do=findComment&comment=1092328 and 4.5.2 ones have not changed to what was used in KernelEx 4.5.2. language is written into the Kernel I think. I do not think language in these files would be a problem unless file names and functions are named in different languages and you want to interrogate but I did not think they were?

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Are these functions catered for in KEX

GetLocaleInfoEx  > Kernel32
GetSystemDefaultLocaleName > Kernel32
IsValidLocaleName > Kernel32
LCIDToLocaleName > Kernel32
GetFontFileInfo > Gdi32                      This one is asking for the font name
GetFontRealizationInfo > Gdi32           This one is asking for the font ID and is a ROS function call

Is there any chance of these functions set to work or stubbed.

Does this make sense

@@ -8180,7 +8245,7 @@ static BOOL freetype_GetFontRealizationInfo( PHYSDEV dev, void *ptr )
         info->flags |= 2;

info->cache_num = physdev->font->cache_num;
-    info->instance_id = -1;
+    info->instance_id = physdev->font->instance_id;
     if (info->size == sizeof(*info))
     {
         info->unk = 0;

DirectX.png

Vista APIs. Use Kexstubs, 823 for now until I post 824.

To use Kexstubs already catered for function redirects or stubs need to be known in case of duplicates. Is there any easy way of finding out this. Like I was not sure of the 4 Kernel functions listed above. The gdi32 ones I would like to try to redirect to GdiPlus functions. Like GetFontFamily for example.