how can I run win98 with 4gb on a Tualatin system without rloew's

subhuman

Same as title guys. I've struggling to make this system work with 4gigs of ram on win98se cause of that "pretty" not enough memory error when finishing to boot..

my pc specs are the following:

Asus CUV4X-D mainboard

2x Tualatin PIII 1400-s CPUs

4x1 gigs of Elpida server grade ECC registered memory

400Gb Seagate Barracuda hd partitioned into a 250gb FAT32 one(for win98) and a 120gb NTFS one (for Win Xp sp3)

I dunno if it's possible to run Win98 with the described amount of memory without having to use Rloew's patch.. I don't have any problem with paying 20 bucks for that patch but he says in his website that he doesn't accept paypal :( so that's not a possibility for me

By the way, excludding this, what patches and updates do you suggest me to install if I can get my os to work with the 4gigs of ram? I'm such a noob when it comes to win98 and this XD

If you could give a hand to this noob with this I'm asking I'm sure I'd greatly appreciate it guys!

Greetings from Uruguay.

I dunno if it's possible to run Win98 with the described amount of memory without having to use Rloew's patch.. I don't have any problem with paying 20 bucks for that patch but he says in his website that he doesn't accept paypal :( so that's not a possibility for me

Send cash in US$ by recorded delivery mail like I did. :thumbup

It's either this or you'll have to limit the amount of RAM windows can use to about 1GB by editing your system.ini file, your choice.

:hello:

... Rloew's patch.. I don't have any problem with paying 20 bucks for that patch but he says in his website that he doesn't accept paypal :( so that's not a possibility for me

:blink:

Huh?

RLoew's PATCHMEM

Payment can be made as follows:

1. Cash

2. Money Order drawn on a US Bank or Post Office

3. Personal Check drawn on a US Bank (Delivery made after Check clears)

4. International Postal Money Order accepted by the US Postal Service

5. Bank Account or Current Balance Payment via Paypal to rloew@hotmail.com

Credit or Debit Card funded Paypal Payments will be DENIED

6. Western Union

7. Other options may be available from the following authorized Distributors:

As long as you can make your payment from a bank account and not from a Credit or Debit Card there should be no problem.

I always accepted Paypal. I just did not accept Credit Card based payments.

Now that they charge fees on everything, and I added the $1 S&H to cover it, I think they have removed the 5 per year restriction on Credit Cards.

If you must use a Credit Card funded Paypal Payment, I will accept it this one time to find out.

If the restriction is gone, I will revise my terms for payment to allow them.

C. C. Anderson has a Merchant Account with Paypal, so she never had a limit on Paypal Credit Card Payments.

Anyone interested in being a Distributor is welcome.

Edited by rloew

The OP is in Uruguay. I guess that, like here in Brazil, the tax on money orders and on Western Union wire is constant up to a relatively high threshold, and then grows slowly for bigger amounts, so that sending small amounts of money by money orders or wire is not feasible as the tax might easily be 5 to 10 times the amount sent.

The OP is in Uruguay. I guess that, like here in Brazil, the tax on money orders and on Western Union wire is constant up to a relatively high threshold, and then grows slowly for bigger amounts, so that sending small amounts of money by money orders or wire is not feasible as the tax might easily be 5 to 10 times the amount sent.

Oh I see, I did not think about that but ya I understand what you mean. :(

Western Union is not quite that bad but it is not cheap. I had a few people in Europe buy my earlier High Capacity Disk Patch for $10 and Western Union cost them about $9.

Money Orders are problematical unless they are International Postal Money Orders recognized by the United States Postal Service.

Although they recognize a number of South American Countries, plus Japan, they do not recognize Uruguay.

Sorry dencorso, Brazil is also not on the list.