WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

sorry if I butt in, but ...., if it all can't be done in one move, can u not first integrate and then miniwin? me, I first integrate, then customize the whole install to suit my needs and liking, and then, when I am over with I miniwin. I think it is safer this way, insomuch as we have good control and command of what we r doing.

I noticed if I pick Compact in the bottom right (I use 4k) it will do everything perfect, except it defaults my Region to USA instead of keeping it set to Australia as specified in the AutoUnattend.xml. Is this a bug, a limitation or by design?

16 hours ago, sakatgg said:

Is it possible to do driver integration in MinWin mode? Thank you.

Yes, it should work in most cases but scanner and printers support is removed in MinWin\Default\Remove\DrvStore_Inf.txt.
Edit or delete the file should help.

@LiveFreeDead No problem here.

from \Windows\Panther\UnattendGC\setupact.log:

2023-06-08 09:17:40, Info                         [Shell Unattend] TimeZone: Time zone set to 'AUS Eastern Standard Time' 

@kocoman There is no support for txtsetup.oem. MSSTMake.exe has problem with some SATA drivers, so better integrate them with nLite or Drivepacks.

JFX

Removed DrvStore_Inf.txt - drivers were not integrated
Here you can check it yourself Drivers.7z
CH341Programmer
PL2303-Prolific
usbasp-win-driver
Driver printer HP 1010 1020
Canon PIXMA MG3100

While integrating through Dism ++ and checking the integration in it.

Edited by sakatgg

It does not seems to be MinWin related. Printers\hplj1020.inf_amd64_5ffa82d4dfa98331 is failing in normal mode, too.

Neither dism nor Dism++ can install this driver.

Interesting, I can't integrate this driver from a German Windows, but no problem with English one.
However I still could not reproduce your problem with minwin :dubbio:

Found the reason, WinNTSetup is not to blame.
I took a less truncated Win11, the drivers were integrated on it in the MinWin mode. Thank you.

Edited by sakatgg

getting back to the driverstore repository, one can also make the nvidia driver subfolder all the smaller with a regfile that will also forceinstall every new version without using any further space than a few hundred megs. I have found out that for graphic acceleration and blender (and even nvidia encoding) to work one does not need all that plethora of files and folders that would amount to 1.70gb (required by the installation of the driverpack only). of course, it is a force-install procedure, so u cannot (yet, at least) expect the driver to appear as installed, but with a little manual replacement of the crucial files in the driverstore repository and windows\system32 subfolders the new version is active de facto. the regfile must be made from a system where the new version is conventionally installed, though, and all this should be carried out on a per-version basis. the most important gains of it all, at least for the time being, are low disk space usage and a much neater registry when nvidia successive installations that have accumulated through the months or years are gotten rid of in seconds. we hope that this empiricist approach that has been the only one possible so far will pave the way for a more orthodox automation of the procedure. pls feel free to ask how it is done.

Edited by Antonino

I am having an issue with the Windows Security component in W11 when setting nodefender=1. If this is set, I can no longer enable WDefender later, on-demand. On W10, this is not a problem. The only way I can get WDefender to work on W11, is to leave this setting set to 0. Disabling and enabling it later is not a problem. What exactly is changed in the .wim when disabling WDefender for W10/W11?

Edited by click-click

Yeah, that evil thing does not want to stay disabled.
To get back build-in Spyware, save this as .cmd file and run it as admin.

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiVirus /f
reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware /f
reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v EnableSmartScreen /f
reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\SmartScreen" /v ConfigureAppInstallControlEnabled /f
reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\SmartScreen" /v ConfigureAppInstallControl /f

reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v SecurityHealth /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d ^%%windir^%%\system32\SecurityHealthSystray.exe
reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MpCmdRun.exe" /v Debugger /f
reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MsMpEng.exe" /v Debugger /f
reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\smartscreen.exe" /v Debugger /f

start %windir%\system32\SecurityHealthSystray.exe

Thanks, I'll apply the wim with nodefender=1 the next time and test  to see if I can get the evil built-in Spyware:roll1: enabled again.  I normally keep it disabled most of the time, it's special use only. Same thing with msEdge. Only used when needed.