WinNTSetup v5.3.5

JFX

pls bear with me, I had to exit a miniwinned vhd because it would not run there and enter an unminiwinned vhd, where it of course does run, now I want to check with process explorer for the dlls it need to run on any miniwinned vhd, and  then I will tell u what I have found.

Edited by Antonino

well now it does run on any vhd, even miniwinned, it was some syswow64 dll or other. in a bit for the findings. i do not know how to connect it with winntsetup though, but I will tell u what it does in and of itself that can be useful, at least from my point of view.

Edited by Antonino

for the time being, I am testing its diagnostics, which seems accurate - right clicking on the drive and getting the data concerning it in a command box. the problem to which I alluded was not due to any fault whatsoever of nthelper.exe, but to the reduction (miniwinning) of any vhd which does not take into account the dlls that any executable requires in order to run properly. what one normally does in such cases is get the specific executable running on an unminiwinned vhd and run process explorer to check which dlls it needs in order to run properly and get a txt listing all of them. then each string on the list (c:\windows\syswow64\blablabla.dll in the case of nthelper.exe) will be turned into something like

copy c:\windows\syswow64\blablabla.dll d:\nthelperdlls

and so on till the end of the list, which will be saved as *cmd or *.bat

Once the dlls have been gathered, one runs the miniwinned vhd and copies all dlls in nthelperdlls to syswow64 and ur software that did not work before will work ok now.

now do u want a specific problem that I might have at the moment which nthelper could contribute to solving? well, of all the vhds I have only one runs ok as ramdisk, and I do not know why this one does and the other ones do not. they crash with BSOD and the error signaled does not enable me to tell what has gone wrong. as filedisks all of them vhds run ok. as ramdisks, all of them load into ram, but only one of them completes the booting process to the desktop interface.

any idea why?