WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

How do you unlink the source?  It won't let me remove or place a dummy location where my win 2k install files are.  Now everytime I turn the pc on it tries to install the files.  How do you remove that?  What is used to point it to the installation files.  I need it to just try to load the operating system that has already been installed.

Hmm, I'm not so sure I know what you mean.

I guess you now have 2 option in boot menu - your old installation and the new one that is ready to setup?
What the system you wanted to installed a NT6.x one (Win Vista - Win11) or NT5 one?

So, I renamed WinNTSetup_v425_WinXP_Supported.rar to WinNTSetup_v425_Legacy_Supports_32-64Bit_Win_XP_Vista_7_8.x_10.rar. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all your efforts and giving users such wonderful & rich feature software

my question is:

do you think there is a way to use Winntsetup on Macbooks (via wine-crossover or anything else) to install "backed up ESD/Wim" file so that we can install "preinstalled windows" without the configuations&options of ISO installation and use of bootcamp there?

Thanks in advance. any insight in bringing the ease & quickness of installation via Winntsetup to iOS/Mac worlds is appreciated.

Sorry, last time I used a MAC, was over 2 decades ago, so I don't think there will be any development in this direction.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi JFX, how are you doing!?

Have you heard about the new (?) Microsoft Validation OS?

Overview
Microsoft Validation OS is a lightweight, fast, and customizable Windows 11-based operating system that you can use on the factory floor to diagnose, mitigate and repair hardware defects during Windows device manufacturing. Validation OS boots into a Command Line environment to increase reliability on the factory floor and supports running Win32 apps, smoothing the transition from early hardware bring-up to retail OS and apps development.

https://software-static.download.prss.microsoft.com/dbazure/888969d5-f34g-4e03-ac9d-1f9786c66749/22621.1.220506-1250.ni_release_amd64fre_en-us_VALIDATIONOS.iso

What is your opinion on this? For example, what the heck is it anyway? :-)

A bit more info can be found on a different forum:

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/discussion-microsoft-validation-os.85484/

Hi Atari800XL,

I don't know why Microsoft releases this Validation OS. Seems to be a very bare bone version of windows.

It's not a WinPE, but seems to have far less features.
So I failing to see the point of it. Why would anyone use this instead of a normal boot.wim or ADK WinPE :dubbio:

From what I have seen, besides the MS fanfare, the best definition so far is by Vinifera here:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183672-windows-11-validation-os-first-impressions/

if even diskpart doesn't run in it, I wonder what the highly specialized technicians on the factory floor would use it for.

Maybe it is just an early/preliminary release and the good MS guys will fix it in the future, but personally I am not holding my breath waiting for that.

jaclaz

Hi JFX, do you intend to create any in-app workarounds for it to remove MIcrosft's new option to install only with online account?
Microsoft made internet connectivity and Microsoft Account (MSA) mandatory for installing Windows 11 22H2

No, just use the unattend option. Win7-11-Select.xml will let you skip all question during setup, including online account creation.

Edited by JFX

#                 Kingston sata DC GPT                   |970 Pro GPT 1To                        |Hitachi HGST 4To GPT                   |970 Evo Plus 2To en MBR |QNAP boitier 4 HDD                                                           |USB_ExtremePro128 |USB_ExtremePro64
DriveComboExclude={54B4B614-0E5A-43A1-80F7-C18469290354} |{1CC633DE-DD91-4FD3-AF52-CF6FD8BBA4C7} |{9C9C7C96-951E-49F7-9373-2D33057ECA5C} |DBE68027                |QNAP TR-004 DISK00|QNAP TR-004 DISK01|QNAP TR-004 DISK02|QNAP TR-004 DISK03  |0AB90B28          |B650E7B5

if set in winntsetup.ini , DriveComboList will be blank in Win10XPE (reproduced on real hw & vmware) , I need remove two entries to keep 8.
I can't reproduce in live system.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:25 PM, JFX said:

Hmm can't reproduce that. Attaching 16 VHDs here, it still works.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:20 AM, Sonic said:

thanks. forget to post DriveComboList is blank if more than 8 drives are specified in DriveComboExclude. (yes it's possible 😁 4 internals, 4 externals via enclosure, 2 usb key) 

Edited by Sonic
missing copy/paste