KernelEx for Win2000

Also, could you look at the Spider Solitare one as well? It's the XP port of the Vista version and it worked great up until a few kernel updates as well. It's slightly broken at the end when you try to start a new game, it crashes instead.

Double Post only because I don't have enough room to upload the file in the same reply.

Hi.

I use XP version Spider solitare.

It seems no problem.

Can you try XP version or give me vista version link ?

I don't play the games myself, it's my mom who likes to use my computer and since she can't see well, she likes the Vista version the best because it's easier to see the cards. Just stick vista.emulation.dll into your system32 folder and then double click the program for installation and it will launch themselves.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=19929826855029015287

• 3 weeks later...

Could you please to provide a guide how to use these drivers? I'm trying to install them for over two weeks, but the installer files are not doing at all nothing. Same thing with the HD graphics driver, The newest kernel installed from you. Also before I install this kernel, before installation gives several options, NT5, NT6 and whatever, would be also very helpful a guide on that which way to install. Please help, I really would like to make a good working 2000 on my laptop!

I migrated Intel WiMAX driver for Windows 2000.

It works fine !

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1881471.html

Edited by LeakHunter

Hi.

1. Extract this zip.

2. Check Your NIC's DEV_ID.

3. Search INF included your NIC DEV in extracted inf.

4. select the folder included the inf with Device Manager.

5. And automatically installed it.

Could you please to provide a guide how to use these drivers? I'm trying to install them for over two weeks, but the installer files are not doing at all nothing. Same thing with the HD graphics driver, The newest kernel installed from you. Also before I install this kernel, before installation gives several options, NT5, NT6 and whatever, would be also very helpful a guide on that which way to install. Please help, I really would like to make a good working 2000 on my laptop!

I migrated Intel WiMAX driver for Windows 2000.

It works fine !

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1881471.html

• 2 weeks later...

actually i got java 8 update 25 to work heres how:

1. have access to windows vista or newer or a java .msi file

2. on the vista or newer machine download the offline installer for java

3. execute the installer but when it says it next to install java leave it

4. go to \users\user\appdata\locallow\sun\java\jre1.8.0_whateverversion and drag the msi file to another location

5. use a usb device to transfer to your windows 2000 machine or email the file (or if dualbooting just drag it to the 2000 partition)

6. run the .msi file it will say gathering required information for awhile then it will close

7. check your add/remove programs for java 8 if its there it worked (theres no way to tell if it worked unless u look manually)

im not sure if im allowed to here but i can post the java msi file if needed

Blackwingcat, how can I use the disable server function on the KDW wrapper tool fcwin2k? I'm running Windows 2000 Advanced Server and I want to install AVG9 however, it will not install due to it being a server product. But the disable server function is always grayed out and I cannot check it, even on Advanced Server. How can I go about doing this?

What's the latest version of CCleaner meant for XP that will run on Windows 2000 with KernelEx installed...? We really need to create a Applications Compatibility List... I have also used KernelEx 4.5.2 for Windows 98SE on an install of Windows 98SE... My PC laptop is a Dell Latitude C800 with 256 MBs of RAM.

I noticed upon installing Blackwingcat's Extended Kernel & Extended Core that the Compatibility Tab is missing from the Properties Window of .exe files/programs like it is in KernelEx for Win98SE/WinME & WinXP. Which KB Article number is the patch for Windows 2000 containing this functionality...? I like to Google patches by KB Article Number and that's why I ask...

Edited by Craigwd2000

Sorry, It is KDW only that which has Suite Emulation function.

Please use NT Switcher.

Blackwingcat, how can I use the disable server function on the KDW wrapper tool fcwin2k? I'm running Windows 2000 Advanced Server and I want to install AVG9 however, it will not install due to it being a server product. But the disable server function is always grayed out and I cannot check it, even on Advanced Server. How can I go about doing this?

• 1 month later...

Just a few random questions:

1. Is there something similar to your, WildBill, or OldCigarette's project that works on Windows NT 4.0?

I do not believe there's a similar project for Windows NT 4.0 sadly. That's one reason why I've sort of given up using it, even though I like NT 4. The only thing I know of that exists for NT4 is a transformation pack that makes NT4 look a bit like Windows Vista and the link can be found in this forum, but that just changes the looks, it won't change the functions. BWC's FCW doesn't even run on NT4 and just crashes with an error message. So someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe I am.

Just a few random questions:

1. Is there something similar to your, WildBill, or OldCigarette's project that works on Windows NT 4.0?

I do not believe there's a similar project for Windows NT 4.0 sadly. That's one reason why I've sort of given up using it, even though I like NT 4. The only thing I know of that exists for NT4 is a transformation pack that makes NT4 look a bit like Windows Vista and the link can be found in this forum, but that just changes the looks, it won't change the functions. BWC's FCW doesn't even run on NT4 and just crashes with an error message. So someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe I am.

Thanks for the information. I also gave up using NT4 as my main workstation OS some time ago. Sad that such a stable, zippy OS didn't get more love from Microsoft. (Maybe they were worried no one would buy Windows 2000 ;) )