KernelEx for Win2000

Hi blackwingcat,

which files did you change in kernel v24eG - comparison to v24d6G?. I have localized v24eG into german and only want to replace different files. I have some problems with ATI Radeon and directX9, perhaps the new version will do the trick.

Greetings, Joe

Hi.

I released extended kernel v2.4f / v .24fG

I fixed Advapi32.dll's LsaLookupNames2 compatiblity problem.

and perhaps we can use XP's NETAPI32.DLL and SAMPLIB.DLL .

Hi blackwingcat,

which files did you change in kernel v24eG - comparison to v24d6G?. I have localized v24eG into german and only want to replace different files. I have some problems with ATI Radeon and directX9, perhaps the new version will do the trick.

Greetings, Joe

DirectX  fix is only replace d3d9.dll .

you can use English version D3d9.dll on German version.

kernel32.dll

add CheckNameLegalDOS8Dot3W / CheckNameLegalDOS8Dot3A. / GetUserDefaultLocaleName / GetSystemDefaultLocaleName

ws2_32.dll

GetAddrInfoW/GetNameInfoW were fixed

gdiplus.dll

security update

i try to play it.

On my environment, I can heard opening BGM and Phone call and takling.

Umm.

I'm not sure where to post this but I don't think it warrents it's own thread since it's only a mild irritant. .

There's a fangame called Five Nights At Treasure Island based off of Five Nights at Freddy's. Anyway, I haven't tested it with a vanilla version of Windows 2000 SP4 but with the extended kernel, the music in the background will not play and if you try out the remastered demo, the music will not play and you will not hear the phone calls either. The only thing you'll hear is the camera sound effects and when Photonegative Mickey jumpscares you. Testing on Windows 7, the game audio works just fine, but the part that gets me is the audio works just fine on Windows 98 as well. So I wondered what Windows 2000's problem is.

DEMO: http://anart1996.deviantart.com/art/Five-Nights-At-Treasure-Island-DEMO-497691415

Remastered: http://anart1996.deviantart.com/journal/Five-Nights-At-Treasure-Island-REMASTERED-BETA-509697138

Did you play the remastered version? That's the one that's really problematic, at least in my environment. I only hear a few sound effects and that's all in that game. Since I'm a minority, it's hard to have others test it for you since they don't have Windows 2000.

Edited by Tommy

Hi blackwingcat, this is not a must-have request but I was wondering if you have considered updating the ATI legacy versions? I'm using the 9.12 beta and although it's still decent enough it's beginning to get old for these newer versions of flash and other video formats. There's some occasional skipping and instability issues. The last legacy XP release version I believe was 13.1 and for Windows 7 it's 13.9. In my XP system 12.6 is installed and even that would be a significant improvement for 2000.

Edit: ok I seem to recall testing the 12.6 version a while back, which does have legacy support with no success as flash videos kept crashing but now after reinstalling I found out why. Previously flash hardware acceleration was on and that was causing it. With that turned off these drivers appear to work fine. I'm going to keep testing for a few days but there does seem to be an improvement. The youtube videos are clearer and smoother.

Edited by DanR20

Sorry. I had misunderstanding it.

The demo version works correct and Remastered version has problem, doesn't it ?

I try it to work on vanilla version Win2000 on VMware, but it shows it does not work on Virtual Machine.

I will make another environment.

Did you play the remastered version? That's the one that's really problematic, at least in my environment. I only hear a few sound effects and that's all in that game. Since I'm a minority, it's hard to have others test it for you since they don't have Windows 2000.

Hi, Umm... I can't understand your request detail.

Last Legacy version ATi driver for Windows 2000 is 10.2

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/967121.html

Last Common ATi driver for Windows 2000 is 13.4

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/571484.html

I think that AMD released lastest Legacy version is 10.2.

Hi blackwingcat, this is not a must-have request but I was wondering if you have considered updating the ATI legacy versions? I'm using the 9.12 beta and although it's still decent enough it's beginning to get old for these newer versions of flash and other video formats. There's some occasional skipping and instability issues. The last legacy XP release version I believe was 13.1 and for Windows 7 it's 13.9. In my XP system 12.6 is installed and even that would be a significant improvement for 2000.

Edit: ok I seem to recall testing the 12.6 version a while back, which does have legacy support with no success as flash videos kept crashing but now after reinstalling I found out why. Previously flash hardware acceleration was on and that was causing it. With that turned off these drivers appear to work fine. I'm going to keep testing for a few days but there does seem to be an improvement. The youtube videos are clearer and smoother.

Sorry. I had misunderstanding it.

The demo version works correct and Remastered version has problem, doesn't it ?

I try it to work on vanilla version Win2000 on VMware, but it shows it does not work on Virtual Machine.

I will make another environment.

Hi blackwingcat,

Actually, the only glitch in the demo version is that there is eerie background music that is suppose to play and it doesn't, but other than that I think everything works just fine. But it's the remastered demo that doesn't play the background music, doesn't play the phone call at all, and also doesn't play the suicide mouse theme when he comes about. Here's what should happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSexxSZtCtg There is a glitch where some things stop playing if another track takes over, that is normal. But on my setup, I don't hear any of that. All I get is the PN Mickey jumpscare scream and the switching of cameras and turning off cameras.

Edited by Tommy

Hi, Umm... I can't understand your request detail.

Last Legacy version ATi driver for Windows 2000 is 10.2

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/967121.html

Last Common ATi driver for Windows 2000 is 13.4

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/571484.html

I think that AMD released lastest Legacy version is 10.2.

Isn't the ATI 4000 series and under considered legacy? That's what I have and the last release version in XP that covered those cards was 13.1 and for Windows 7 it's 13.9.

XP's can be downloaded here:

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/16757/

Your 12.6 version for 2000 also covers them but 13.4 does not, which is why I won't attempt to install those.

Incidentally, I reverted back to 9.12 beta because I was getting strange glitches on some sites with 12.6. Flash hardware acceleration works as well with those older drivers with no crashes so I'll just stay with them for now.  

@blackwingcat:

I want to hex edit kernel32.dll with instructions given on your blog website (localize exkernel):

"d) You should change to the entry address which I_RpcBindingInqLocalClientPID!rpcrt4.dll in 0x5AF21

For expample.
Japanse version 01777E78 (0x787e7701)
English version 0177D978 (0x78d97701)
Taiwan version 01777578 (0x78757701)"

I did not find function I_RpcBindingLocalClientPID! in rpcrt4.dll. Can you tell me entry address for german version or give advice how to find out address with PE Maker?

Greetings, Joe

>English version 0177D978 (0x78d97701)

Sorry that is not correct in English

English version 0177D977 (0x77d97701)

0x77d97701 is I_RpcBindingInqLocalClientPID entry point address.

English version rpcrt4.dll base address is 0x77D30000

If your language version base addess is 0xYYYYYYYY then the address will be 0xYYYYYYYY + 0x00067701.

@blackwingcat:

I want to hex edit kernel32.dll with instructions given on your blog website (localize exkernel):

"d) You should change to the entry address which I_RpcBindingInqLocalClientPID!rpcrt4.dll in 0x5AF21

For expample.
Japanse version 01777E78 (0x787e7701)
English version 0177D978 (0x78d97701)
Taiwan version 01777578 (0x78757701)"

I did not find function I_RpcBindingLocalClientPID! in rpcrt4.dll. Can you tell me entry address for german version or give advice how to find out address with PE Maker?

Greetings, Joe

Thank you blackwingcat, I understand. My base address of rpcrt4 is 77D20000, so I changed kernel32 0177D978 in 0x5AF21 into 0177D877, OK?

Now I have rebased all files in exkernel into german base address: advapi, atl, comctl32, crypt32, cryptdlg, cryptui, dnsapi, dssenh, esent, imagehlp, kernel32, mfc40, mpr, msvcirt, msvcrt, ole32, oleaut32, psapi,rpcrt4, schannel, setupapi,shell32, shlwapi, user32, userenv, winhttp, winsta, wintrust, ws2_32, wtsapi.

I did not change dbghelp, imagehlp, mfc40u, mfc42 mfc42u, mspatcha, msvbvm60, msvcp60, oleacc, and oleaccrc yet.

Only rsaenh.dll is real problem when rebased from 68000000 (ENU) to 7CA00000 (DEU), (1) the system will not load MOM any more (Exception 0x4a0 (1184), Thread ID=0x498)) and (2) mshta does not show installed programs and hangs; (3) system will hang at shutdown.

I also get error from another source in event log: SCHANNEL  "critical error at opening the kryptographic module for system dss" - code is 0x80090006 (I think this could be dssenh rebased from 68100000 to 67400000). Schannel was rebased from 767F0000 to 78160000.

Did I rebase too many files? Should I leave the 5.1.2600.XXXX files ENU base or rebase them into german XP32 base instead of german w2k base?

Another error I got from OAKLEY, that the 3DES cryptographic algorithm is used which is prohibited outside U.S. so it will be downgraded to DES. But this should not be a problem.

Greetings, Joe

Edited by JosefReisinger

Hi.

If you find the DLL's date in Aug. 2008 then you should only replace it from Deustch version XP SP3 update package.

We will have some problem when we modify *enh.DLL files.

Only rsaenh.dll is real problem when rebased from 68000000 (ENU) to 7CA00000 (DEU), (1) the system will not load MOM any more (Exception 0x4a0 (1184), Thread ID=0x498)) and (2) mshta does not show installed programs and hangs; (3) system will hang at shutdown.

I also get error from another source in event log: SCHANNEL  "critical error at opening the kryptographic module for system dss" - code is 0x80090006 (I think this could be dssenh rebased from 68100000 to 67400000). Schannel was rebased from 767F0000 to 78160000.

Did I rebase too many files? Should I leave the 5.1.2600.XXXX files ENU base or rebase them into german XP32 base instead of german w2k base?

Another error I got from OAKLEY, that the 3DES cryptographic algorithm is used which is prohibited outside U.S. so it will be downgraded to DES. But this should not be a problem.

Greetings, Joe

@Blackwingcat

Is it possible that kernel 2.4f breaks windows update? First everything seemed to work fine (last post), but now I have problems with windows update. Executing wupdmgr.exe should start IE with windows update, but now nothing happens without showing any error. When I start windows update within ie6, it works, let me choose express or custom, but then hangs on scanning the devices, also without error. In windows update log, no error, it finds 4 updates. IE itself seems to be OK. Any ideas?

Edit: it seems to be a problem with the permissions, because now - not only wupmgr shows no reaction, also when I want to send / receive emails with Outlook 2003, I get message that I don´t have permission to do this (I have administrator privileges on that system). So something I must have missed when copying exkernel xp files on my system. Perhaps some new policies must be applied?

Greetings Joe

Edited by JosefReisinger