KernelEx for Win2000

Just a few random questions:

1. Why does this extended kernel require IE6?
  2. Can I use 2000lite to remove IE6 after the extended kernel and core are installed?
  3. Is there something similar to your, WildBill, or OldCigarette's project that works on Windows NT 4.0?

1. They are different between IE5 and IE6 shlwapi.dll

2. Perhaps I think that it is possible.

3. I have never  heard it.

1. Why does this extended kernel require IE6?
  2. Can I use 2000lite to remove IE6 after the extended kernel and core are installed?
  3. Is there something similar to your, WildBill, or OldCigarette's project that works on Windows NT 4.0?

1. They are different between IE5 and IE6 shlwapi.dll

2. Perhaps I think that it is possible.

3. I have never  heard it.

I see. Thanks for the info.

What about a spanish version? Thanks

Hi.

It depends what you want to do on Win2000.

If you want only v2 extended kernel function in spanish, I can make it soon.

But latest version requires many base spanish version dlls to refer the resource so I'll take much work.

Hi, is anyone able to get Java 8 working properly on W2K? I'm still having the same problem of the security interface freezing when attempting to allow an applet to run, which forces me to kill the process in Task Manager.

The only other opton is to get our hands on the latest Java 6u91 that is not available to the public.

Edited by DanR20

Hi, is anyone able to get Java 8 working properly on W2K? I'm still having the same problem of the security interface freezing when attempting to allow an applet to run, which forces me to kill the process in Task Manager.

The only other opton is to get our hands on the latest Java 6u91 that is not available to the public.

Which version of Java are you using now?

• Is there something similar to your, WildBill, or OldCigarette's project that works on Windows NT 4.0?
I do not believe there's a similar project for Windows NT 4.0 sadly. That's one reason why I've sort of given up using it, even though I like NT 4. The only thing I know of that exists for NT4 is a transformation pack that makes NT4 look a bit like Windows Vista and the link can be found in this forum, but that just changes the looks, it won't change the functions. BWC's FCW doesn't even run on NT4 and just crashes with an error message. So someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe I am.
There is a group of people playing around the leaked sources to reconstruct an usable build.

http://opennt.net/?id=Home

Java 6u85 but there's been an update to 6u91 with some critical fixes but so far I've been unable to download it. I'd like to get Java 8 working properly since that's available in a portable version.

Java 6u85 but there's been an update to 6u91 with some critical fixes but so far I've been unable to download it. I'd like to get Java 8 working properly since that's available in a portable version.

I have not gotten Jre or jdk 6u91 yet.

If anyone provides it me, I'll create Windows 2000 patch. :(

Hi.

I got Jre6u91 and I released Windows 2000 version Jre6u91 yesterday.

Jre 7 has some GUI probilems on Windows 2000.

Excellent, thanks I'll download it ASAP. Java is one of those programs with so many holes in it that anything less than the latest version is like playing Russian roulette with your system.  :--)

MrMaguire,

For now I'm staying with Java 6, it's good enough. But I am curious how you're getting Java 7 to work? As blackwingcat mentioned, 7 and 8 have GUI problems on 2000 that I too am experiencing. It freezes at the security interface when pressing the Allow button. I think it's related to jp2launcher.exe since that's what I have to kill in Task Manager. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure where to post this but I don't think it warrents it's own thread since it's only a mild irritant. .

There's a fangame called Five Nights At Treasure Island based off of Five Nights at Freddy's. Anyway, I haven't tested it with a vanilla version of Windows 2000 SP4 but with the extended kernel, the music in the background will not play and if you try out the remastered demo, the music will not play and you will not hear the phone calls either. The only thing you'll hear is the camera sound effects and when Photonegative Mickey jumpscares you. Testing on Windows 7, the game audio works just fine, but the part that gets me is the audio works just fine on Windows 98 as well. So I wondered what Windows 2000's problem is.

DEMO: http://anart1996.deviantart.com/art/Five-Nights-At-Treasure-Island-DEMO-497691415

Remastered: http://anart1996.deviantart.com/journal/Five-Nights-At-Treasure-Island-REMASTERED-BETA-509697138

Edited by Tommy

• 2 weeks later...