Revolutions Pack 9.7

is there anyway to have the "RPConfig.exe" show the cursors and sound schemes also? or maybe save a theme complete with skin/wall/icons/cursors and sounds?

In the current version there are no such thing.

thanks i'm gonna try this. will this work for ME too? i think it will but i want to make sure

I'm not sure about Windows ME. Better don't try to install this SP, it is intended for Windows 98. Try this one. And are you sure that you wrote correct number after Q? Google does not know such update. Please check the number.

i'm having a issue with the revolutions pack 9.

i installed it on windows me in microsoft virtual machine and all is fine,so i got out one of my old computers and installed windows me along with all the requirments to install revolutions pack 9 and on the taskbar when you open up say my computer/my docs or anything else the button on the taskbar shows the pink at the bottom of the button and its only at the bottom (wierd huh).

i've tried every theme i have on it and its the same with all of them.

someone said it could be my video card / drivers (ati radeon 9200 series) but i'm out of ideals and i've even uninstalled the revolutions pack and reinstalled it but the pink is still there and only at the bottom of the tab/ button.

if anyone has any ideals on what i can try / do please let me know. (the video drivers are the ones from the ati site).

thanks in advance

Before I go messing anything up... does anyone know if the RP 9 will work with a "98lited" system setup?

And is the link on the first page of this thread updated, and/or where can the latest version be downloaded?

does anyone know if the RP 9 will work with a "98lited" system setup?
No.
And is the link on the first page of this thread updated, and/or where can the latest version be downloaded?
Yes.

Can I fix the leakage of GDI and USER resources in Win98se (russian) by using some dll from RP9 ? The target notebook is feeble: P1, RAM 32 MB (it's maximum), video 800*600 (1MB). So I need ecomony of resources, but can't use 32-bit colors and other amazing RP9 features. And I prefer Opera instead of IE6. So, if it's possible, which *.dll I must use and which *.reg file I must apply?

Can I fix the leakage of GDI and USER resources in Win98se (russian) by using some dll from RP9 ?
You can install RP9 bare-bones (no 32-bit icons, skins) but to win over Opera resource leaking you need GDI Heap Extender which stuck in beta. And on 32MB of memory newer Opera is extremely terrible; can't you use older versions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First, fabulous work. Thank you very much.

Second, Version 9.10 (and perhaps prior ones) does not play nice with K-Meleon 1.5.3 (and perhaps prior ones). K-meleon will function fine until one tries to exploit its tab function, i.e., go from single page browsing to tabbed browsing, whereupon K-Meleon crashes. Uninstalling RP fixes the problem. Installing RP in a minimal configuration, neither icons & nor themes, choosing transparent icon labels, smooth edges, and ClearType under Effects, and leaving none of the Misc options checked causes no trouble for K-Meleon.

Third, is it possible to use the awesome logo.sys from RP 6 without using RP 6? Just sticking it in C:\ has not worked. Thanx again.