[Info] Future of XPize

XPero

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am currently very busy with work. When I got a minute I feel very lazy to spend it in XPize. Hopefully, I will get some time in the next weeks so I can release first beta. Sorry for this long delay, but my life has changed a lot last year.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
I am currently very busy with work. When I got a minute I feel very lazy to spend it in XPize. Hopefully, I will get some time in the next weeks so I can release first beta. Sorry for this long delay, but my life has changed a lot last year.

Cheers

Hope its for the better.

Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't mean to put pressure. We're just excited, and waiting to see what cool stuff you can come up with next Xpero.

sorry if I'm late to the party... but what is XPize? I can't find a link on the board....

Judging from the 'teaser'...

sounds like it patches the visuals of non-XP themed apps/dlls to use themes... am I right?

So... what does that mean??

and where can I find it?

TIA!

EDIT

Found it at http://www.xpize.net

It is a program that replaces the older-looking, throw-back visuals in XP with visuals more in line with the rest of XP.

Example: The file copy animation is the same one used back in 95 (methinks). It 'ought' to be different... and using more colors... like the 'updated' visuals... in the same newer style... load this up... and that animation is now actually *animated*... with full color support.

I wonder... could this be used to 'brand' XP? Could I make a 'theme' for XPize, and make a custom XP that has my own visual style from the ground up? (load up my own bitmaps or whatever for XPize to plugin? what all does XPize 'plug into'?)

Sounds like an uber app... gonna go sniff around the website I found some more... my answers may already be there...

Edited by DeadDude

snip...

I wonder... could this be used to 'brand' XP? Could I make a 'theme' for XPize, and make a custom XP that has my own visual style from the ground up? (load up my own bitmaps or whatever for XPize to plugin? what all does XPize 'plug into'? ...snip

Actaully yes you can find the XPize source for download and modify them to your hearts content then compile it.

Remember though if your do make your own version like XPize Darkside please release it here and remember to give full credit to XPero and the XPize installer system.

• 2 weeks later...

After using Vista a long time, I now shifted back to Windows XP. And after a few days, I installed the XPize package. It is just a marvelous piece of software for the Windows XP OS. Looking forward to any future updates. And maybe you could make a "new" package. Incorperate the new KDE4 icons :P

Birger :)