NVidia drivers 82.69

Tihiy

Hello, first I would thanks a lot peoples who make this 82.69 unoffficial drivers.

Drivers works great whith my AGP cards MX440, FX5500 and my 6800 ultra.

But I have the shutdown problem with my 7800GS.

Tried to desable nvidia services, and if I restart in MSDOS mode I just have the message Windows protection error and the PC restart automaticaly when I press any keys.

A fix is possible for that?

Another question, what's the powerfull graphic card who run great under win98se with these drivers? (9800GTX? no shutdown problems?)

Thanks you ;)

Motherboard: asrock 775i65G R3.0 intel 865G

CPU:              LGA775 Intel celeron 450 conroe-L

RAM:              1024mo

Edited by nico05

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Can someone point me to last driver version?

I have G7950 PCI-E and when i try to install drivers from exe, i have got lots of empty windows dialogs..

Edited by ruthan

On 10/20/2016 at 8:28 PM, cc333 said:

Would this driver work with the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M, as found on the Dell Latitude D620?

Only way to know is to try, I s'pose....

c

there was a separate thread on a user getting the nvs110m working on i think the same laptop or similar model for 98SE using 82.69 driver, so yes, it does work, however, i would aim for laptops with the 128 MB version of the nvs110m as i think the dell d620 only has 64 MB of video memory? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello guys,

I'm trying to make Nvidia Quadro FX1500 (256 ram)(PCI-e) work with 82.69 modded driver on Win98SE. The automatic installer doesn't detects the card however it installs correctly using Update driver but after reboot it functions as standard VGA driver and I can't change resolution (only 640x480 8 colors) and nvidia view tray icon application isn't starting, I've tried reinstalling driver couple of times rebooting computer and only once it installed and started correctly and I could see all resolution options. However after changing resolution to Full HD 32-bit, I've rebooted into a black screen and had to reinstall the driver again via safe mode and after rebooting it's same standard VGA without resolution change and nvidia view tray icon application not working (e.g. something doesn't works and it causes incorrect driver work). I've learned that someone had this exact same card working on Win98SE with some version of driver (it's unclear as it was some years ago). Any suggestions what could be wrong. Maybe monitor driver is not working, I have Samsung Full HD LCD monitor connected to it via vga d-sub cable

Have you tried that GPU under other OS like Windows XP? Maybe the card is faulty.

What are your PC specs?

If you have more than 512MB of RAM, try limiting it by using the MaxPhysPage=20000 parameter in SYSTEM.INI under [386enh] section.

23 hours ago, MrMateczko said:

Have you tried that GPU under other OS like Windows XP? Maybe the card is faulty.

What are your PC specs?

If you have more than 512MB of RAM, try limiting it by using the MaxPhysPage=20000 parameter in SYSTEM.INI under [386enh] section.

Yes, I have WinXP and 2000 installed on this computer and video card is working correctly. I've also limited MaxPhysPage to 768mb in Win98 before so no unfortunately this is not related video driver not initializing correctly, there seems to be some circumstances in which either driver is installed correctly or video driver is initialized correctly during boot because I had it working once but choosing unsupported by Win98 resolution seemed to ruin it

My PC specs:

MSI MS-7253

Athlon X2 5000+

2gb hynix ram (2x1gb)

Nvidia Quadro FX1500 256mb PCI-e

Soundblaster Live!

Edited by troydm

Are you using desktop drivers under 2000/XP as well or the quadro drivers.  Ya I know that Quadro can be made to run on destop drivers but maybe you are just not doing it right.

6 minutes ago, Destro said:

Are you using desktop drivers under 2000/XP as well or the quadro drivers.  Ya I know that Quadro can be made to run on destop drivers but maybe you are just not doing it right.

I'm not sure which drivers I'm using on Windows 2000 and XP as I've downloaded those by using Nvidia's support page by selecting operating system and choosing my Quadro card model FX1500, and they work fine as I can play games and have Full HD resolution both under 2000 and XP. The problem is with Win98SE as I'm trying to make the card work under it but can't seem find what's the problem with it as it's not initializing driver correctly. my Quadro FX1500 is not supported under Win98SE but I've confirmed from one of the persons from this forum that he managed to get it working under Win98SE using some modded driver and unfortunately as it was years before he can't remember which one and currently he has no means to access his machine in order to clarify which drivers he has but he confirmed that it was 100% working. I tend to agree because under the hood my card is just rebranded Nvidia 7600gt and I've heard people had success making those work under Win98SE 

Should get the hardware ID of your card using http://www.rh-software.com/ and mod the NVAML.INF file inside the driver package.  Add sopport to the INF for your specific card so the OS detects it and install the driver for it.

Look for the line that says %N%%29E%=N3GL,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_029E (this is the FX1500 entry) And you want to copy that and make a 2nd entry below it

Example %N%%29E%=N3GL,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0000 where the 0000 at the end is what I added.  

Edited by Destro

13 hours ago, Destro said:

Should get the hardware ID of your card using http://www.rh-software.com/ and mod the NVAML.INF file inside the driver package.  Add sopport to the INF for your specific card so the OS detects it and install the driver for it.

Look for the line that says %N%%29E%=N3GL,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_029E (this is the FX1500 entry) And you want to copy that and make a 2nd entry below it

Example %N%%29E%=N3GL,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0000 where the 0000 at the end is what I added.  

My card is supported by INF however when starting automatic installer card is not detected, however I can install drivers just fine by specifying the card using Have Disk and choosing NVAML.INF file and then selecting Nvidia Quadro FX 1500. I haven't tried installing unofficial service pack for Windows 98SE and I'm going to try playing with refresh rate of display settings as these are things that people suggested in other 7600gt related thread on another forum when someone was trying to install drivers for 7600gt in Win98SE