[Release] XPize 4.6 RC

XPero

XPize 4.6 RC

Almost finished, you decide if it is good for release or not ;)

Important Note:

- Recommended to make a fresh install, not upgrading from 4.6 BETA 2.

- Read carefully the first message after running the installer. That will disappear in final version.

- New switches for those who do not have / want IE7, WMP11 and Remote Connection 6. More info in the Changelog

Changelog

Download

Zxian Mirror (Thanks to Zxian)

Sorry for these long delays.

Happy XPizing! B)

hallo

i just updated my xp dvd and i got it manage to wait with the integration of wmp11, ie7 and rdp6

so i think there will be an update this week and we will see how it is working

so thanks from germany

yergling

i know this isn't a big thing, (not tested it yet)

are the resources dated -2007 now?

I have it in my TODO list, but the resources are from a user called "klasa". I will contact him for that. Also, as you said, it is not a big thing, so we can live without it.

nice to see another release, too bad it screwed my system.. i did uninstall the beta 2, runned the installer for this RC, when i restarted again and opened my IE7 it was back to IE6, plus i couldnt access any website anymore. Second thing is that my Outlook was damaged, it couldnt find its folders anymore. I tried it twice and every time the same happened. Had to put a system restore back to make my system work again (a system restore from when i have Beta 2 installed)

Eh, the day before I just installed 4.6 Beta 2 over Beta 1 and IE7 got messed up for me, now it's back to IE6 but it says it's 7 in the version. It's obviously not, because there's no tabs and overall it's quite obviously 6. I tried to reinstall it but it didn't work, how can I fix this? Should I go back to the previous restore point? Also, I think before when I uninstalled XPize 4.5 and install 4.6 Beta 1 it also reverted to IE6 when I uninstalled. What should I do to upgrade to 4.6 RC?

@all:

It seems that you still have problems (some of them severe) with IE7. Now, I've been thinking about it: Those who are having problems with IE7, do you have English Windows? And those who uses English Windows, do you have probs with IE7?

@DigeratiPrime:

antonio_king said he was going to fix that. Maybe I have missed it and was released some time ago?

Eh, the day before I just installed 4.6 Beta 2 over Beta 1 and IE7 got messed up for me, now it's back to IE6 but it says it's 7 in the version. It's obviously not, because there's no tabs and overall it's quite obviously 6. I tried to reinstall it but it didn't work, how can I fix this? Should I go back to the previous restore point? Also, I think before when I uninstalled XPize 4.5 and install 4.6 Beta 1 it also reverted to IE6 when I uninstalled. What should I do to upgrade to 4.6 RC?

Install IE7, then XPize 4.6 RC. Try System Restore.