Duplicate Images

kedar damle

I've used this one before. I like the side by side comparison you can do, just be careful about the differences in quality of the images and their sizes and it will show you two pictures that are very similar but not absolutely identical. I think there is a setting to adjust for this.

Dup Detector found here.

DL

Edit: and it's free.

Edited by DL

i've been using odin pro, its a pay software and it's the best one imho. its for professional use.

http://www.omegatron.nl/

it looks at the patterns and has many algorithms to see if there is a duplicate.

say u have 1024x768 wallpaper and u also have the same image at 1600x1200, odin pro detects that!! while others i believe cannot do that..

its pretty accurate and saved lots of mb's on my computer

if u're looking for a cheaper solution of course there are. u can use checksum checking programs. filesize/filename..

ace utilities is also not bad..

ow odin also finds 2 files even if they're compressed differently and their files size are different

so same jpeg image compressed at say 80% quality and another at %40 quality. odin finds that!!!

1 rare piece of software that i bought!

Edited by XtremeMaC

Checkout Irfanview. Irfan is a image viewer that you can use to edit photos/images and play various media files.

It shows etc etc about the picture in the lower display bar.

So I would instal Irfanview get all your picture types and line them up by size and check the readings.

Edited by Ludwig Von Cookie Koopa

• 4 weeks later...
I've used this one before. I like the side by side comparison you can do, just be careful about the differences in quality of the images and their sizes and it will show you two pictures that are very similar but not absolutely identical. I think there is a setting to adjust for this.

Dup Detector found here.

DL

Edit: and it's free.

I tried that one since it is free but didn't like it. Very slow for large jobs and the manual review process doesn't have many options. But it is the only free solution, so.... :)

I tried that one since it is free but didn't like it. Very slow for large jobs and the manual review process doesn't have many options. But it is the only free solution, so.... :)

I haven't tried any others but I like it since it is free. :yes:

I remember that I would just compare smaller folders due to the speed issue you are talking about.

XtremeMaC: it looks at the patterns and has many algorithms to see if there is a duplicate.

say u have 1024x768 wallpaper and u also have the same image at 1600x1200, odin pro detects that!! while others i believe cannot do that..

I'm not positive but I do recall that it found pictures that were the same but different sizes and pictures that were very similar but not identical, so it must have been doing something similar, I guess. This will need to be checked. I'll try it later.

DL

XtremeMaC: it looks at the patterns and has many algorithms to see if there is a duplicate.

Retriever does this as well. There is only one algorithm but you can choose the level of similarity for the returns. Retriever is not free.